HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:12 PM
Sane til the lift starts!
Laguna Beach, CA
Joined Jun 2008
10,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oletimer View Post
Thanks Keith.... I think Dave has a video of it he will be posting on the Browns Bluff site. He said it even sounds like a jet when I flew by us down wind doing well ove a 100 my guess. And pumps like you can't believe!

P.S..... I know why it crashed on you!.... Your not going to like the reason!!!
I'd love to see a video of it!

Well... it crashed because I was in a hurry to land so I could watch that huge P-38 get launched. I somehow pancaked and cartwheeled the plane simultaneously. I'm not sure what you think caused the crash, but you might have found some hidden damage from the "landing". What did you find?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick J View Post
Im not rubbing it in BUT My Mig is 64 oz and Jeff said his was ( your old one ) around 80 oz. I couldnt pump with him, he was going about 20' higher then I was !!! and it was fast !!!! Hopefully Dave will post some footage with it !!!
Hee hee.... I think Jeff's "new" plane is closer to 100oz than it is to 80oz.
kpeevyhouse is offline Find More Posts by kpeevyhouse
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:43 PM
Sane til the lift starts!
Laguna Beach, CA
Joined Jun 2008
10,193 Posts
Hey Chuck,

Your PM inbox is full! Time to start deleting stuff.

I'll post this here, for you and anybody else interested.

Quote:
Here's the website where we get those glue syringes. They cost 39 cents each if you buy more than 5. Much better than $2 each from the local retail stores!
You can order any quantity that you want, but we usually buy 50 at a time, as that's how many come in a bulk box, so we don't have loose syringes scattered about. And we usually don't worry about reusing them since they're so cheap!
In addition to using them for epoxy, I like to load them up with 3m5200 (fast cure). It's easy to apply it to hingelines for silicone hinges, or getting into fuses for gluing in servo trays, etc without creating big smears of the glue.

-Keith

http://www.calvetsupply.com/product/...eding_Syringes

kpeevyhouse is offline Find More Posts by kpeevyhouse
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:21 PM
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined May 2010
603 Posts
Chasing the wind

Tom - I've had the slope bug but can never seem to really enjoy it do to my "Crash into Ground" virus. I'm getting a little better do to the kind tips and coaching of the generous slope pilots at Kite hill and elsewhere.

I guess trying a few other slope sites might help too.

Ron
laser100 is offline Find More Posts by laser100
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:30 PM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Jun 2008
4,410 Posts
Keep it up Ron you have really improved a lot !!! and like I said its because you are flying better planes now !!! Its easier to fly a good plane that will go where you want it to, rather than where it wants to !!!
Dick J is offline Find More Posts by Dick J
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:31 PM
Joined Jun 2008
4,410 Posts
Had a blast flying at Lilly's today !! Thanks Jeff, Dave, Jonathan, and Mike ! Always nice to see you there Mike !!!
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:50 AM
Dang!....What else did I bring
Orange County, S. Cal
Joined Oct 2009
999 Posts
[QUOTE=kpeevyhouse;24155592]I'd love to see a video of it!

Well... it crashed because I was in a hurry to land so I could watch that huge P-38 get launched. I somehow pancaked and cartwheeled the plane simultaneously. I'm not sure what you think caused the crash, but you might have found some hidden damage from the "landing".

No no hidden damage, but that new battery in there will not hold a charge very long. It goes to full charge, but dies out real fast. Glad I caught it the night before we flew yesterday, but just figured you might have lost signal and that is why you crashed! Guess that's what I get for thinking!? well then...Never Mind!...
oletimer is offline Find More Posts by oletimer
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:58 AM
Silent Flight
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Was fun getting some quality air at Lilly's today. It's been a while since my free time has coincided with some good wind and as always good company. I missed taking a pic before Dave took off, but we had 4 Mamba's doing the Tango (?) at one point.

-Jonathan
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:22 PM
Joined Jun 2008
4,410 Posts
Bottom of my Mig 3 wing is now white, will do the top tonight !! Then put on some red vinyl wont be long now !!
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:24 PM
Joined Jun 2008
4,410 Posts
Sorry forgot pics !! Getting older you know !!
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:29 PM
Works to Fly
United States, CA, Tustin
Joined Sep 2007
2,379 Posts
TOW was nice. Keith flew his 3 meter and I, the Raging Hare. The wind was a steady 15+ and the conditions were good for dialing in the rates on my new plane. It slows down real nice for landing and is so easy to control with the flaps down that you can easily set it right where you want it every time. Gotta love it
Slopedaddy is offline Find More Posts by Slopedaddy
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:32 PM
Works to Fly
Joined Sep 2007
2,379 Posts
Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick J View Post
Bottom of my Mig 3 wing is now white, will do the top tonight !! Then put on some red vinyl wont be long now !!
Dick, where you get those great decals, like the flames on your Mig?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:33 PM
Joined Jun 2008
4,410 Posts
Kevin makes them for me but our plotter is locked away in Chino airport now, he was doing another vinyl job for a customer at a printing shop so he made some for me new wing !! But usually we do them here !
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:55 PM
Works to Fly
Joined Sep 2007
2,379 Posts
It would be nice if somebody sold a variety of good quality, ready-made, vinyls, that were sized for slope gliders. Rob at 3D Hobbies does some but they are only for giant scale gas planes. He does a lot of skull and Red Bull designs but I'm not interested in that style.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:18 PM
Hump or Death?
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Oct 2012
386 Posts
Water towers is looking good. I'm headed there with my 3 remaining serviceable planes.
O.G. Gamesta is offline Find More Posts by O.G. Gamesta
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:34 PM
Works to Fly
Joined Sep 2007
2,379 Posts
That's what I'd be doing if I wasn't
W O R K I N G!