HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:24 PM
Works to Fly
Orange Country, CA
Joined Sep 2007
2,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazfone View Post
Between here and San Clemente the wind is all over the place. It must be about to change directions. Ill wait and see what happens but I must fly for my health( mental) somewhere today!
Now there's no wind. Well I can always keep building the Fluffy Bunny aka Raging Hare
Slopedaddy is online now Find More Posts by Slopedaddy
Last edited by Slopedaddy; Feb 01, 2013 at 04:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:32 PM
Works to Fly
Orange Country, CA
Joined Sep 2007
2,024 Posts
Building idea share: Instead of drilling a bigger hole in a servo arm and risk a sloppy clevis, I tried buffing the pin in the clevis with a little strip of Emory cloth. It works great by taking just a little off. What do you guys do?

Also, is there a better way than using Sullivan clevises for flaps in a moldie? They work great except they are hard to remove in tight places.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:58 PM
United States, CA, Trabuco Canyon
Joined Aug 2008
1,265 Posts
Guys

Since Thursday night is build night and I see by the posts that most of you have sewing machines I will bring my large table if you care to share your expertise.
Rick T. is offline Find More Posts by Rick T.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:18 PM
Works to Fly
Orange Country, CA
Joined Sep 2007
2,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parplyr View Post
Guys

Since Thursday night is build night and I see by the posts that most of you have sewing machines I will bring my large table if you care to share your expertise.
In that case, I'm going to the Yarn Lady and get some Tuxedo patterns for my new gold tux jacket that I've been wanting. Might get one for a leisure suit, as well
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:27 PM
Sane til the lift starts!
Laguna Beach, CA
Joined Jun 2008
10,132 Posts
Rick, a big table would be nice. I can bring my 34" card table, but that's only enough room for one machine.

I'm starting off with baby steps, since I don't have master Ken with me. I made tail covers for my Spider. I think they came out pretty nice! The first one was cut a bit too big, but the next two were the perfect size. I turned the first one inside out to hide the seam, just to see what it looks like. I'm not a fan of it, because it makes the thing look like an oven mitt.

But anyways... here's a couple pics of my very first set of covers made all by myself. I think it took me 45 minutes to get it all done, but there was quite a bit of fiddling done during the process.

-Keith
kpeevyhouse is offline Find More Posts by kpeevyhouse
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:30 PM
It's not going to build itself
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
5,796 Posts
Very nice job!
TRISME is offline Find More Posts by TRISME
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:02 PM
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,415 Posts
Wow, you even have one of those tomatoes.

Tail covers look great!
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:04 PM
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,415 Posts
Also - had a good time flying at Lilly today. Lift was light, but very relaxed flying. Just what I needed.
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:10 PM
Silent Flight
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,926 Posts
Ok, I did actually make it to Fermin. Flew the Mamba a little. Here's an invite for Jordan to come to Fermin.

Mamba Shoots the Hoop @ Fermin 2/01/2013 (1 min 19 sec)

-Jonathan
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:15 PM
Works to Fly
Orange Country, CA
Joined Sep 2007
2,024 Posts
Hey Jonathan
Looks you had some fun. Is that from the GoPro?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:19 PM
United States, CA, Trabuco Canyon
Joined Aug 2008
1,265 Posts
Keith I will defintely bring the table. Just a question can shorten my pants since you have the sewing machine. I am thinking practice will only make you better.

Take Care
Rick T. is offline Find More Posts by Rick T.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:22 PM
Silent Flight
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazfone View Post
Hey Jonathan
Looks you had some fun. Is that from the GoPro?
Yeah, first day testing it. I really need to get an editor though (Vegas Pro?). Thats some quick and sloppy windows movie maker for you. Quality looks a bit degraded. Color needs better editing too.

-Jonathan
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:25 PM
Works to Fly
Orange Country, CA
Joined Sep 2007
2,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twyl View Post
Yeah, first day testing it. I really need to get an editor though (Vegas Pro?). Thats some quick and sloppy windows movie maker for you. Quality looks a bit degraded. Color needs better editing too.

-Jonathan
Looks clean to me. Where is it mounted?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:31 PM
Works to Fly
Orange Country, CA
Joined Sep 2007
2,024 Posts
So Keith, I see you got the Brother LS21251. I only know that information because I was looking at one when I accidently googled "sewing machine" instead of "rowing machine".
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:18 PM
Sane til the lift starts!
Laguna Beach, CA
Joined Jun 2008
10,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
Wow, you even have one of those tomatoes.

Tail covers look great!
I hate that tomato pincushion thingie. It keeps rolling over every time I touch it. I'm thinking of cutting it open and stuffing a bunch of lead shot into the bottom of it.

I got the wing covers finished. They're slightly different sizes, but that's because I used the right wing cover as a pattern to make the left wing. I should have just cut them out at the same time from one pattern. I also had the idea of putting Velcro on the top to keep the covers from sliding off, but with the tight fit there's no way they will come off on their own.

Sooo..... My first set of covers is done. Now I need to see about making patterns for the fuselage cover, just because I can. But I'm happy with what I've done so far, and it will definitely help protect the plane when it bumping along in the back of my car.
kpeevyhouse is offline Find More Posts by kpeevyhouse
RCG Plus Member