SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:06 PM
It was a radio hit...I swear!
slopeaddict's Avatar
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Jun 2008
622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick J View Post
Glad to get back to Lilly's, Nice flying with you Fabio ( that Mamba sure looks good in the air !!! ) Nice to see you again Rick. Light lift but still managed to keep even my heavy Mamba flying !!!
Always fun flying at lunch Dick and Rick. Rick after seeing your Patton P-39 foam floater you inspired me! Tonight I moved the wing cores and beds of my P-39 glass short kit from one work bench to another. Step 1 of the build is done
slopeaddict is offline Find More Posts by slopeaddict
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:08 PM
It's not going to build itself
TRISME's Avatar
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,301 Posts
Go Fabio!
TRISME is offline Find More Posts by TRISME
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:15 PM
Registered User
Dick J's Avatar
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Jun 2008
4,528 Posts
maybe to much work for one night Fabio !!!
Dick J is online now Find More Posts by Dick J
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:15 PM
Works to Fly
Slopedaddy's Avatar
United States, CA, Tustin
Joined Sep 2007
2,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
I thought you were going to make some? If you need a sewing machine, they are on Craigs List all the time for reasonable amounts of money. I've been tempted a few times.

That video you sent me was a good idea. There are similar build threads here on RCG. You could line them with some fabric if you wanted..

-Wayne
I looked into that, too. I think the sewing part might be a whole other hobby
Slopedaddy is offline Find More Posts by Slopedaddy
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:09 AM
Registered User
Rick T.'s Avatar
United States, CA, Trabuco Canyon
Joined Aug 2008
1,426 Posts
Fabio

Don't stop now. Keep building my friend and hopefully I will see you tomorrow. Remember always keep the billiard table in your car for short trips to the park at lunch. You never can tell when you might want to shoot a came of pool. (Fantastic job)
Rick T. is online now Find More Posts by Rick T.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:05 AM
Dang!....What else did I bring
oletimer's Avatar
Orange County, S. Cal
Joined Oct 2009
999 Posts
You guys are too much!

Always good for a laugh reading the local posts...some times several conversations going on at one time... Kind a like family get togethers... Without the shouting n cussing

Chuck... I have used several different thick materials for this, but think I have found the latest n greatest!... Harbor Freight moving blankets.. Cheap, sew able, and quilted like gigantic sharmen TP! Need to make a couple of new ones for some of my glass ships. Will let everyone know how it works?

Jeff
oletimer is offline Find More Posts by oletimer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:50 AM
Launch and Recovery System
L.A.R.S.'s Avatar
United States, CA, Laguna Beach
Joined Apr 2008
1,382 Posts
S.O.S. repair....check,.......fluffy bunny (AKA rabid rabbit) build, in progress, new Carbon Bird with flaps... starting build, Nakajima Ki-84 "Frank" rebuild in the works, looking at JM Glasscraft Penetrator box and thinking I need that for PSS.....OKkkkaayy, Oh Crap the Zero Project is coming soon...uhhhhh, DC3 bondo and paint job for PSS Fest, EErrrrrrrrrr..... fuuuuuudge too much!!!
AND THATS ALL I NEED...and a new mini macchi, i need that....
The Jerk - all i need (1 min 57 sec)
L.A.R.S. is offline Find More Posts by L.A.R.S.
Last edited by L.A.R.S.; Jan 23, 2013 at 01:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:12 AM
Sane til the lift starts!
kpeevyhouse's Avatar
Laguna Beach, CA
Joined Jun 2008
10,194 Posts
This talk about wing bags and such has reminded me to renew my search for a particular material. My mom can sew up just about anything, as long as I give her the material and and some templates. I've been searching for rolls of stuff similar to car windshield sunshades. It's silver reflective mylar on one side, but the other side has something like 1/8" thick EPP or some other kind of foam.

I do kinda like the idea of the Harbor Freight thick blankets. That might be a good cheap alternative.

I'm seriously thinking about buying a sewing machine and teaching myself how to sew. You can learn how to do just about anything on YouTube.
kpeevyhouse is offline Find More Posts by kpeevyhouse
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:13 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2006
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVINOD View Post
S.O.S. repair....check,.......fluffy bunny (AKA rabid rabbit) build, in progress, new Carbon Bird with flaps... starting build, Nakajima Ki-84 "Frank" rebuild in the works, looking at JM Glasscraft Penetrator box and thinking I need that for PSS.....OKkkkaayy, Oh Crap the Zero Project is coming soon...uhhhhh, DC3 bondo and paint job for PSS Fest, EErrrrrrrrrr..... fuuuuuudge too much!!!
AND THATS ALL I NEED...and a new mini macchi, i need that....
http://youtu.be/w2X3vVMdh-s

LOL! I know how you feel...

when you say "carbon bird" are you refering to the Bird from soaring usa? I have been eyeballing that one...also ordered a p40 glass kit, and it took me 2 hours to install the aileron linkage in my glass p51 last night....It just had to be perfect...Luckily the wife was tied up working.

"All I need" is a genesis too.
tbogey is offline Find More Posts by tbogey
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:48 AM
Livin ...The Endless Summer
67econoline's Avatar
United States, CA, San Juan Capistrano
Joined May 2011
7,016 Posts
Ok I'll bite ...

Solartex and paint,panel lines ,paint pilot ,and build seat F-86
Bondo and Solartex and paint ,panel lines Zephyr
Tape all pcs of Dam p-51 install over/under linkage in wings flaps/ ailerons
Solartex paint panel lines
Get zero start and finish
Balance all ant test fly.
Start genesis build
Start RSSP

Repair one passer bad wing tip.
Build and test foam cutter.
I could go on but that's just my May goal...


Rubio
67econoline is online now Find More Posts by 67econoline
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:44 AM
Aloft Hobbies
Rotozuk's Avatar
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeevyhouse View Post
This talk about wing bags and such has reminded me to renew my search for a particular material. My mom can sew up just about anything, as long as I give her the material and and some templates. I've been searching for rolls of stuff similar to car windshield sunshades. It's silver reflective mylar on one side, but the other side has something like 1/8" thick EPP or some other kind of foam.

I do kinda like the idea of the Harbor Freight thick blankets. That might be a good cheap alternative.

I'm seriously thinking about buying a sewing machine and teaching myself how to sew. You can learn how to do just about anything on YouTube.
I think Lowes carries the stuff. It is a form of insulation. They may not have it out West though..?
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: FrSky in Chicago!
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:47 AM
Hump or Death?
O.G. Gamesta's Avatar
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Oct 2012
386 Posts
Mylar Reflective Insulation

Lowes does sell it... Many brands and types. It's called Mylar Reflective Insulation. You can buy it by the roll or in pre-shaped pieces.

--
John


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
I think Lowes carries the stuff. It is a form of insulation. They may not have it out West though..?
O.G. Gamesta is offline Find More Posts by O.G. Gamesta
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:54 AM
Registered User
Dick J's Avatar
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Jun 2008
4,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67econoline View Post
Ok I'll bite ...

Solartex and paint,panel lines ,paint pilot ,and build seat F-86
Bondo and Solartex and paint ,panel lines Zephyr
Tape all pcs of Dam p-51 install over/under linkage in wings flaps/ ailerons
Solartex paint panel lines
Get zero start and finish
Balance all ant test fly.
Start genesis build
Start RSSP

Repair one passer bad wing tip.
Build and test foam cutter.
I could go on but that's just my May goal...


Rubio

Dam you guys do to much, today I ll try and get ballast tube in ( already sanded all slugs so they slide in and out easily !! ) but will also have to fly today WOW where does the time in the day go ??? Oh well Have to get started now and lay out when the tube will go !!!
Dick J is online now Find More Posts by Dick J
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:52 PM
Registered User
Rick T.'s Avatar
United States, CA, Trabuco Canyon
Joined Aug 2008
1,426 Posts
Boy, that Devasator Chip is building sure looks like a mamba with a different tail. He is quite the builder and did a fantastic job by locating everyting perfectly including splitting the battery back to balance the weight
Rick T. is online now Find More Posts by Rick T.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:09 PM
Works to Fly
Slopedaddy's Avatar
United States, CA, Tustin
Joined Sep 2007
2,442 Posts
Mylar wing bags

This video has a guy making them from that Mylar insulation from Lowes. They are nice but involve a sewing machine which is the main reason I started asking around in the first place: not a good stitcher. Maybe I can hire Keith's mom?

How to Make a Wing Bag, wing cover. (23 min 19 sec)


There's also a store I found in Irvine that has small rolls of the thinner window shade Mylar for 3 dollars. It's called Daiso, on Culver.
Slopedaddy is offline Find More Posts by Slopedaddy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Medel tech P-47 Orange County, Ca SurfOnH2o Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Dec 13, 2010 11:22 AM
Discussion Looking for other BASHERS in the Orange County, Ca area Bulldogs Large Scale Cars 0 Nov 16, 2010 09:36 PM
Discussion Slope Flying Sites in Orange County ngdbud Slope 50 Oct 14, 2009 01:51 AM
Discussion Orange County electric/slope flyers ryan v USA - District X 1 Nov 26, 2008 08:13 PM
New Indoor RC Club in Orange County, CA OCModels Electric Plane Talk 10 May 12, 2001 07:53 PM