HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:02 PM
Silent Flight
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA View Post
Wow if I keep this up I might catch up to Keith.
I doubt it.

Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parplyr View Post
Dave

You do have to show up at Waynes the first Thursday of the month and re-aquaint with the guys. I can give you directions, just let me know.

Rick
+1

Oh and Keith is generally in attendance too so you you can kill two birds with one stone.

-Jonathan
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:23 AM
Works to Fly
United States, CA, Tustin
Joined Sep 2007
2,288 Posts
Jonathan
I was flying today and using your patented "Jaw Cam" at Brown's Bluff. I was the only one there for hours and almost dropped the iPhone when another flyer walked up next to me while I was flying/shooting and said "is that a Spektrum?" I didn't hear him walk up because of the wind and he scared the crap out of me. All that I could say back was "Mmmhhm!"
Slopedaddy is offline Find More Posts by Slopedaddy
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:46 AM
Silent Flight
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazfone View Post
Jonathan
I was flying today and using your patented "Jaw Cam" at Brown's Bluff. I was the only one there for hours and almost dropped the iPhone when another flyer walked up next to me while I was flying/shooting and said "is that a Spektrum?" I didn't hear him walk up because of the wind and he scared the crap out of me. All that I could say back was "Mmmhhm!"
Hehehe, glad to hear someone else found it of use. How was the footage? Sometimes it can be tough to keep the plane centered or at times you can forget to follow the plane with your head and not just your eyes.

-Jonathan
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:29 AM
Summer... is my time of year
United States, CA, San Juan Capistrano
Joined May 2011
6,685 Posts
Suddenly all this talk of building
Build night

Rubio
67econoline is online now Find More Posts by 67econoline
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:50 AM
Works to Fly
Joined Sep 2007
2,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twyl View Post
Hehehe, glad to hear someone else found it of use. How was the footage? Sometimes it can be tough to keep the plane centered or at times you can forget to follow the plane with your head and not just your eyes.

-Jonathan
Yeah, my first couple of attempts weren't so good but with practice the plane started showing up 90% of the time.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:02 PM
Aloft Hobbies
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parplyr View Post
Hey Wayne

Any time frame yet on the 5mm new stuff.

Rick
I expect it in today.. Along with Dick's new wing.

-Wayne
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:28 PM
United States, CA, Trabuco Canyon
Joined Aug 2008
1,373 Posts
Great

Will call you later

Thank you
Rick T. is offline Find More Posts by Rick T.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:43 PM
Joined Aug 2008
1,373 Posts
Jordan

Received 4 new trim tabs last night, replace the broken one and all works great. Now I have 3 extra for my dx6i.

Rick
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:27 PM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Jun 2008
4,292 Posts
Glad to get back to Lilly's, Nice flying with you Fabio ( that Mamba sure looks good in the air !!! ) Nice to see you again Rick. Light lift but still managed to keep even my heavy Mamba flying !!!
Dick J is offline Find More Posts by Dick J
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:47 PM
Joined Aug 2008
1,373 Posts
Dick and Fabio

It is always nice with two very good pilots, showing you the proper technique of building properly and flying the right way. Everything takes time if you want to be good.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:35 PM
Aloft Hobbies
Joined Sep 2003
5,608 Posts
We have the 5 mil in stock now, but Dick's new wings did not show.

Just tracked the package and the wings will not be here till Thursday. Dang, a full week via fedex?? The other day it said it would be here today.. Bad weather?
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:42 PM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Jun 2008
4,292 Posts
Oh well its to rain all weekend anyways !!! he he
Dick J is offline Find More Posts by Dick J
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:51 PM
Works to Fly
Joined Sep 2007
2,288 Posts
Does anyone know a good source for wing bags, wing socks, etc. for glass gliders? I'm trying to get covers for my Fluffy Bunny which is so shiny and new that I want to keep it that way for awhile. It's a 1.5 meter v-tail and I tried Soaring USA and Ace Wing Carriers. Both very expensive and nothing generic for that size. Any ideas appreciated.
Chuck
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:52 PM
Aloft Hobbies
Joined Sep 2003
5,608 Posts
Nah, the TV lady said it might rain, that means it is going to be sunny a great!

Wait - I'm conflicted.. The TV lady is always wrong, but Dick just said it was going to rain and I trust him. ACK! It must be the end of the world or something.. I don't trust that TV lady, even if she does have huge knockers.

Site Sponsor
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:55 PM
Aloft Hobbies
Joined Sep 2003
5,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazfone View Post
Does anyone know a good source for wing bags, wing socks, etc. for glass gliders? I'm trying to get covers for my Fluffy Bunny which is so shiny and new that I want to keep it that way for awhile. It's a 1.5 meter v-tail and I tried Soaring USA and Ace Wing Carriers. Both very expensive and nothing generic for that size. Any ideas appreciated.
Chuck
I thought you were going to make some? If you need a sewing machine, they are on Craigs List all the time for reasonable amounts of money. I've been tempted a few times.

That video you sent me was a good idea. There are similar build threads here on RCG. You could line them with some fabric if you wanted..

-Wayne
Site Sponsor