HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:07 PM
United States, CA, Trabuco Canyon
Joined Aug 2008
1,389 Posts
But he has a good personality
Rick T. is online now Find More Posts by Rick T.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:37 PM
It was a radio hit...I swear!
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Jun 2008
609 Posts
To all slope heads on this thread...

Happy new year to everyone. Wish you all much prosperity and health (and lots of west wind too ) Fabio has been busy thinking about how to improve the performance of his KA-6. One idea came to mind and I took a picture of it (the first one). Do you guys think that the neighbors at Lilly's will mind? I actually thought of mounting it to the front end of my Mazda and putting a pair of wings on the roof. This should allow me to avoid traffic no matter where I am. All the other motors in the second picture are ones that I rehabilitated and are now purring like little happy kittens. Never flew gas in my life and I did not know that I knew so much about nitro/glow plug motors and carburetors....go figure!

Again happy New Year to all...

Fabio
slopeaddict is offline Find More Posts by slopeaddict
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:43 PM
Modesto Calfornia
Joined Feb 2004
702 Posts
Slope

Hi there my name is David [Alchin] AKA the Brit or on RCG fudi 50 a little long in the tooth, but still active building and flying slope which has become my favorite mode of enjoyment.
My building pleasure is scale normally large ships they say bigger the better who knows! but 1/4 to 1/3 scale always with lots of detail.
Some off you may be aquainted with George Voss, I am waiting for a partial built Tucano T 27 I bought frrom him together with 2 x 1/12th F 16 cockpits now finished with an idea to install in the Tucano and finish the model in Brazil's Smoke Team colors.
My slope of choice is Los Banos up here in the valley area, unfortunately we have had poor weather and the prevailing winds have been from the south, we need northerly and idealy 5/10 mph.
I fly in real marginal 3 + mph an Inigma 2m and a Omega 2m NES models with little problems.
I did fly my 1/4 scale scratch built Helios down on the bluffs of Monteray which was exciting but cold!!
I have a Lancair short kit arriving today so we will see how that goes and would welcome input as to build or mods required.
Oh! I'm looking for a vacume bagging unit.
The Brit
fudi50 is offline Find More Posts by fudi50
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:46 PM
Works to Fly
United States, CA, Tustin
Joined Sep 2007
2,356 Posts
Uh-oh, it's getting windy up here in Irvine.
Slopedaddy is offline Find More Posts by Slopedaddy
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:05 PM
Hump or Death?
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Oct 2012
386 Posts
Would water towers work on this wind speed? About 10 mph at my house (400 ft).

--
John
O.G. Gamesta is offline Find More Posts by O.G. Gamesta
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:08 PM
Silent Flight
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Hi David, sounds like you got some cool planes, will you be coming down to SoCal in the near future?

-Jonathan
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:17 PM
It's not going to build itself
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,148 Posts
Hi David, I love flying at Banos! I'll look for you in April at the aerotow. We've probably already met.
Tom
TRISME is offline Find More Posts by TRISME
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:24 PM
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,148 Posts
Fabio, serious looking motor there! Are you being seduced by the dark side?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:28 PM
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,148 Posts
If I get off my lazy butt and fix my Ka-6, we could compare CG and throws.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:56 PM
Modesto Calfornia
Joined Feb 2004
702 Posts
slope

Jonathon,
I was hoping to get in on the Zero build I am on the short list probably at the bottom, as for So Cal yes looking to come down to ? the big bash I guess I'm new to this PSS so do not know you guys. I did come down as a day trip to Point Firmin ? that's its name anyhow I decided my mobility precluded me from getting over the wall andd perhaps my skills were not that good for the landing area
Tom, probably we have met I won Vintage scale 2007 Baby Albatross and 2010 with the Helios if that help put a face to an event.
Just had the Lancair delivered should be an interesting project for PSS
David
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:59 PM
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,148 Posts
I think you and your plane are in one of my YouTube videos. I remember the planes, I'll have to watch the vid to put a name to the face.: )
Tom
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:18 PM
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,148 Posts
Is that wind I see.... well turn it up!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:20 PM
Modesto Calfornia
Joined Feb 2004
702 Posts
Slope

Tom was this at Los Banos when the Helios was launched into zero wind and ended up in pieces on the slope, thought was trash it! folk offered to buy it or put it on e-bay. I repaired it and took it to the aero tow Visalia broke on landing.
Complete rebuild new front cockpit area glassed in for strength [a weak area because trying to replicate welded structure with 3/16 dia rod] re covered flew andd won scale and pilots choice 2010 Utah flown maybe 3 times at los banos since.
Or did you do the video at Monteray with the Helios with the baby Albatross that was on Utube
David
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:40 PM
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,148 Posts
I Don't remember it crashing. My vid just had some footage from the pits. Search "Tomsaflyer" on YouTube .
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:34 PM
Works to Fly
United States, CA, Tustin
Joined Sep 2007
2,356 Posts
Happy New Years!!

They say " A picture is worth a thousand words" and they were right. This isn't staged. I lost lift lift and landed short at TOW today which ended up being great for the Passer and not bad for the Mamba.
Slopedaddy is offline Find More Posts by Slopedaddy