Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:33 PM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Jun 2008
4,287 Posts
Went to lilly's for a little pre build party flying, Rick showed up !!! Boy after waiting a little while it really got good to bad it also got cold Oh well some good flying !!!!
Dick J is online now Find More Posts by Dick J
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:08 PM
Aloft Hobbies
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,593 Posts
Have to go pick up Jane.. I will not be home till 5. Sorry guys.. A slaves life is never over.
Rotozuk is online now Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:12 PM
United States, CA, Trabuco Canyon
Joined Aug 2008
1,368 Posts
Wayne

I really like Tom's idea, take a picture of the two cars and have it made into a mural, when you have a build party just hang it from the garage door
Rick T. is offline Find More Posts by Rick T.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:17 PM
United States, CA, Trabuco Canyon
Joined Aug 2008
1,368 Posts
It was bice today flying the passer but had to wait until one individual decided to do a high spped dive with an electric foamie which bent the wings in half and crashed on the center divider at Kite. Once he was done he picked up the wreckage and launched another electric foamie, did the same thing except it went straight into the ground by the trees. Radio failure he stated.

Nice seeing Dick at Lily's, need to keep practicing so we can fly together, two retired folks who both need a life LOL
Rick T. is offline Find More Posts by Rick T.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:26 PM
Silent Flight
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
On a totally unrelated topic. I was in a three way call with Apple and one of my "users" (theoretically, I'm the IT dept at my office) as we were trying to resolve a software issue on his iPhone. After almost 2 hours of trying to resolve it with iTunes on his PC, I gave up and told him to call directly into Apple tech help when he got home and try off his macbook. In order to generate the the case# for him to call back into, he needed to give the apple tech his email address. After being frustrated for almost 2 hours my user provided a brief moment of mirth as he started give his name and email using the "A as in Apple" method. The guys a Manager in my company but a complete moron and started off with "K as in Kindergarten", "E as in Economy", and a few others, and then what had coffee coming out my nose was he actually said "U as in Uranus" which I don't think I've ever heard used before.

Ok, now to try and squeeze out a report and get the hell out of dodge.

-Jonathan
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:28 PM
Sane til the lift starts!
Laguna Beach, CA
Joined Jun 2008
10,189 Posts
I don't have anything to work on tonight, but I'll bring my Elf kit so I can pick out the servos I want to put in it. One of these days I'll go to Wayne's place without giving him some money.
kpeevyhouse is offline Find More Posts by kpeevyhouse
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:32 PM
Silent Flight
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Screw it, I told my boss I'll give him the report tomorrow. Heading out, will see you all around 6-6:30 if I'm luck and the traffic gods smile on me.

-Jonathan
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:54 PM
It's not going to build itself
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,077 Posts
I stopped by Lilly's too. I must have just missed you. On my way home, I was thinking about what to bring, Karen texts me and asks if I can take Daniel to therapy from 5-6:00, Grrr. I'll see you guys around 6:30.
Tom
TRISME is offline Find More Posts by TRISME
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:22 PM
Hump or Death?
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Oct 2012
386 Posts
Build Night

Hope you guys have fun tonight. I'm stuck in Calabasas for a few more hours so I'l miss it.

Next question, where's the Santa Anna party going to be on Sunday?

--
John
O.G. Gamesta is offline Find More Posts by O.G. Gamesta
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:48 PM
What goes up, must come down..
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Sep 2011
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oggamesta View Post
Hope you guys have fun tonight. I'm stuck in Calabasas for a few more hours so I'l miss it.

Next question, where's the Santa Anna party going to be on Sunday?

--
John
Just noticed the time of peak wind prediction... Got a night rig? Thought it was noon, but turns out its not expected to really blow until midnight
ZeroPitch is offline Find More Posts by ZeroPitch
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:06 AM
Works to Fly
United States, CA, Tustin
Joined Sep 2007
2,271 Posts
Zero pitch, great airplane!
Slopedaddy is offline Find More Posts by Slopedaddy
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:23 AM
Works to Fly
United States, CA, Tustin
Joined Sep 2007
2,271 Posts
Hey Jordan, Soller composites makes carbon sleeves in several colors, including red which might look cool on our Genesi' ( Genesis plural) Take a look on the site and let me know what you think. I think we need the 2.5" diameter ones to fit over the widest part of the fuse.
Chuck
Slopedaddy is offline Find More Posts by Slopedaddy
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:12 AM
It's not going to build itself
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,077 Posts
Good time at Wayne's house tonight! Thanks Wayne for letting us congregate and thanks to everyone that brought food.
Tom
TRISME is offline Find More Posts by TRISME
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:57 AM
Sane til the lift starts!
Laguna Beach, CA
Joined Jun 2008
10,189 Posts
Thank you once again, Wayne, for letting a bunch of hooligans into your garage!

It was great to see a couple new faces there. And of course, it's always fun to tickle-torture little Sean, get him all amped up, and then let dad deal with him on the drive home.

Rubio brought me cookies! Yummerz!
kpeevyhouse is offline Find More Posts by kpeevyhouse
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:36 AM
Summer... is my time of year
United States, CA, San Juan Capistrano
Joined May 2011
6,667 Posts
Thanks to all who came.
It was a lot of fun. Thanks to Tom for all his help and insight into my DAM project. He even let me take his plane home!!!
Thanks to Keith for his insight on my LEG f-86 tail.

This time I didn't get much dine but as always I picked up a lot of info and also my gear for the Dam project.

Looking forward to the next one. I will be solar texting something.

Rubio
Who likes build night
67econoline is online now Find More Posts by 67econoline