Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: FrSky in Chicago!
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2011, 02:00 AM
It's not going to build itself
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,397 Posts
From the house I was working at ,I could see Jordan and Keith DSing.
TRISME is online now Find More Posts by TRISME
Old Feb 09, 2011, 02:00 AM
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,397 Posts
Where you been Fabio?
Old Feb 09, 2011, 02:08 AM
EPP Extrordinare
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Feb 2008
3,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRISME View Post
From the house I was working at ,I could see Jordan and Keith DSing.
Keith never did DS, just me...
Mr. Combat Certain is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Combat Certain
Old Feb 09, 2011, 03:51 AM
Sane til the lift starts!
Laguna Beach, CA
Joined Jun 2008
10,197 Posts
Hey Fabio,

I remember meeting you (well, I remember your name anyways), but I honestly cannot put a face to the name. I looked through the photos I took during the PSS Fest. Is this you with your face hidden by the plane's tail? I guess that doesn't help me remember your face...

In the other picture below, I'm the 2nd person from the left.

-Keith
kpeevyhouse is offline Find More Posts by kpeevyhouse
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2011, 04:00 AM
Laguna Beach, CA
Joined Jun 2008
10,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
Damn, how do you guys go flying on work days?!?!? lol
It's easy. You can do it... just find a job where you work graveyard shift like me!

It was a strange day at the watertower today. The slope lift was very sporadic, but if you could keep the plane up long enough, there were plenty of thermals to catch. One minute we're all able to speck out no matter what we flew (except for John's Jart LT, just slightly too heavy), and then the next minute there would be some kind of gravitational fluctuations, and we'd all have to land at the same time.

Despite the somewhat inconsistent lift, overall it was a fun afternoon of flying!

-Keith
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2011, 09:19 AM
Carlsbad, Ca
Joined Mar 2007
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeevyhouse View Post

In the other picture below, I'm the 2nd person from the left.

-Keith
....holding the P-40 I now have put back together, after epairing rsplits in both leading edges

Was it two trees, Keith?

Welcome back Fabio,...if you stick around more, you won't catch this kind of ribbing st
chip.greely is online now Find More Posts by chip.greely
Old Feb 09, 2011, 11:19 AM
Laguna Beach, CA
Joined Jun 2008
10,197 Posts
No Chip, I didn't hit two trees... it was three trees!

(Actually, it was just one Manzanita with several big limbs )

How does that P-40 look now?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2011, 12:43 PM
It was a radio hit...I swear!
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Jun 2008
624 Posts
This is better...

Keith, it's a pleasure to meet you. Below is a better pic of me in that same shot you looked at, this time, w/o the P-40 tail...just in case I run into you on a local slope.

Chip, glad you remember. Are we overdue for another weekend gathering at Dave's beach?

Hey Tom, I have been busy building wings and models which is probably what you should be doing too (I think you are going to like my new DAW P-40). Let me remind you that the ink on those DART plans only lasts a few years before it starts to fade When I have free time I am off to either my son's waterpolo tournaments or my daughter's swimming events which leaves me not enough time for flying. There is also this thing called "work" that seems to always get in the way.

Anyway, nice to chat with all of you and I'll see you soon.
slopeaddict is offline Find More Posts by slopeaddict
Old Feb 09, 2011, 03:39 PM
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,397 Posts
Can't get enough pics of Fabio? He can also be seen on my blog for free! No credit card necessary. Scroll down to the first pics. : )
Tom
Old Feb 09, 2011, 03:58 PM
Carlsbad, Ca
Joined Mar 2007
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeevyhouse View Post
No Chip, I didn't hit two trees... it was three trees!

(Actually, it was just one Manzanita with several big limbs )

How does that P-40 look now?
It looks like it hit three trees Keith

I got one wing back together with pressure and epoxy and some gray battle scar paint. The other wing,.....well it still needs some work. Maybe some dremel, now that I attempted the same treatment on it
chip.greely is online now Find More Posts by chip.greely
Old Feb 09, 2011, 04:13 PM
Airplane Killer
Orange County, CA
Joined Oct 2009
1,723 Posts
Hi, I'm Dave. I got back into modeling a little over a year ago, after a 15 year hiatus. I used to fly power planes at Mile Square in Fountain Valley. I quit flying just before they closed that down. I went sloping with some buddys once back then...
Things have sure changed in 15 years!
Now I fly electrics at El Dorado Park (Long Beach) and my slopers mostly at Bluff Park (Long Beach).
I've met some of you guys in the past. I met Kpeeveyhouse at the Spitfire group build day. His Spitty looks great! Mine is uh... started
I've also flown at Little Mountain, Brown Bluff, Lake Hills. I'm anxious to try some of the other spots you've been talking about.
The gliders I'm currently flying are an alula (black canopy), weasel (red and silver trim, now with star spangled canopy) and a raider (red top, blue with red spots bottom).
See you guys out there...
Dave
SumthinsFishy is offline Find More Posts by SumthinsFishy
Old Feb 09, 2011, 06:59 PM
DWA
John 3:16
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
10,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopeaddict View Post
Let's see...

I am at work and Tom is flying...what's wrong with that picture?

I know Tom, Jeff, and Jordan because I fly with them often at Lillys, Kite Hill, and Water Towers. I bought a 48" LEG Zero from Chip once but I do not know if he remebers me (the zero came out nicely and flies great in 10+winds). I ran into Dave (DWA) at Cajon PSS Fest 2009 (that was a day for the record books ) and once at Little Mountain so he probably does not remeber me. So that leaves me with Steeg, Rotozuk, and KPeevyhouse (may have met you but do not remember you - nothing personal- just bad memory as I am getting older )

Hello all. I am Fabio Marin (seriously)...and I am a slopoholic (my call sign on RCG is "slopeaddict" after all). I mostly fly larger foamies like my 72" P-40, 117" KA-6, 60" M-60 and vintage Tuff Planes TA-152. I also have a Speedo and a foam 31" BD5 that I recently put together for the lighter days. I like to build and recently finished a pair of RG15 foam-core/sheeted wings for my Speedo. I am currently putting together a vintage 31" P-40 DAW kit (crunchy) which I bought from Adrian Yoon (Codezilla) on RCG. Too bad you can't find these kits any more 'cause they are true classics. When I grow up I want to be just like JoeMach or Brian Laird...except better .

Anyway, nice to have a local thread. Should you feel the immediate need to see what I look like just punch in Cajon PSS Fest 2009 and look for the pic of the contest winners of the foamy category . I am the semi-bald guy from the left holding the silver P-40 which took 2nd place (of course I always leave out the fact that there were only 4 contestants ).

I better get back to work...

Hope to see you all out on the slopes soon.

Fabio
Hi Fabio

I kind of remember you from Little Mountain I think you were sitting with Tom under an easy-up, on the upper right side of the slope. PSS FEST 09 is a blur, all I remember from that was flying in a pack of 14 planes pumping high, flying my 2 new glass P-40ís and flying my big MIG 21. That was a great PSS Fest!

Hope to see you as well on the slopes.

Dave
DWA is online now Find More Posts by DWA
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2011, 01:06 AM
Dang!....What else did I bring
Orange County, S. Cal
Joined Oct 2009
1,003 Posts
What was that?

Fabio;
What in the world was that plane on your left (our right looking on). 1/2 an elevator, Canopy on center of R wing? Does that even fly???
Don't tell me it was a real plane... it is very strange looking for sure.

PS. Flew out at Browns Bluff today, and finally maidened my Preditor.
Tom... when you say that the DG-1000 takes a lot of wind.. to me a lot of wind is 25 - 35mph... That Plane does not care for that much wind Looked Like a piece of paper caught in a thermal Think I will fly her at Shapel on 10 -15.... Very funny flying today out there with it.
I was only one, but glad for that since my palms were sweatting all the way out there. Everything flew great. The MOM Races are going to be out there this Saturday and I have things to do, but may be able to sneek away for 1/2 the day??? if you have not been to this place... I highly recomende it. Kinda like Shapell with a driveable plane pick up if you loose it down the hill, and the grass landing but about 150 yards instead of 5!
Oletimer/Jeff
oletimer is offline Find More Posts by oletimer
Old Feb 10, 2011, 03:50 AM
Laguna Beach, CA
Joined Jun 2008
10,197 Posts
Jeff,

The model you're asking about is a Blohm & Voss BV 141: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blohm_%26_Voss_BV_141

Yes, it did fly at the PSS Fest! Here are a couple more pictures I took of it.

-Keith
RCG Plus Member