HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2011, 12:27 AM
EPP Extrordinare
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Feb 2008
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
Jordan, with your eye sight, I think you might find that the plane is not as important as cutting those turns right, and I think you can do that!!

I might have to see about attending this event.
Thanks Wayne. You should come out. And Tom I'll bring my camera and try and get some good race footage...
Mr. Combat Certain is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Combat Certain
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2011, 05:12 PM
Sane til the lift starts!
Laguna Beach, CA
Joined Jun 2008
10,193 Posts
Looks like Monday afternoon should be decent flying conditions in Laguna Beach. Not spectacular, but certainly flyable. West-ish, 10-12mph. I'll have to dust off a plane or two and head up to Top of the World.

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/laguna_beach
kpeevyhouse is offline Find More Posts by kpeevyhouse
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2011, 10:46 PM
It's not going to build itself
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,223 Posts
Flew the Speedo at Lilly's today. Jeff was there sitting amongst the Killer Bees. Talk about hard core! There was enough to make it fun, but nothing epic. The planes will stay in the truck.
Tom
TRISME is online now Find More Posts by TRISME
Old Feb 07, 2011, 11:27 AM
EPP Extrordinare
Joined Feb 2008
3,324 Posts
Same thing at Salvador yesterday. At first nothing, then it slowly picked up probably hitting 8mph average. Little Lewis and I had fun combatting and we also had a race to the park wayyy down at the bottom of the hill (I won ).

I'm hoping to finish and maiden my new rc hang-glider today (Wayne, I have an idea for your pilot figure for your paraglider ...): http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1385385
Old Feb 07, 2011, 11:33 AM
Aloft Hobbies
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,669 Posts
I've got a pilot, just need to rip his arms off and servo him up. He was a 1/4 scale motor cyle rider, so he already has a helmet. Safety first.
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Taranis Front Shell Swap
Old Feb 07, 2011, 03:52 PM
Laguna Beach, CA
Joined Jun 2008
10,193 Posts
The wind has been slowing picking up over the past couple hours. Now it's up to 7mph West. I think I'll get some lunch, and then head up to Top of the World to fly my Speedo at around 3:00

I doubt that we'll get up to the forecasted 12mph, but we'll just have to wait and see.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2011, 05:24 PM
Laguna Beach, CA
Joined Jun 2008
10,193 Posts
I shouldn't have stopped to have lunch. Now the wind is back down to almost nothing...
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2011, 08:04 PM
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeevyhouse View Post
I shouldn't have stopped to have lunch. Now the wind is back down to almost nothing...
I hate when that happens.
Old Feb 08, 2011, 11:41 AM
EPP Extrordinare
Joined Feb 2008
3,324 Posts
S at 10mph now. If it holds, I'll be at the Water Tower...
Old Feb 08, 2011, 02:18 PM
Laguna Beach, CA
Joined Jun 2008
10,193 Posts
I'll be heading up to the watertower in San Clemente in just a bit, and so will Jordan. Anybody else wanna join us?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2011, 03:05 PM
Dang!....What else did I bring
Orange County, S. Cal
Joined Oct 2009
999 Posts
Water Towers

Would like to, but by the time I head back to get my planes from my Aunts house, then drive all the way back out to SC... you know the drill. the wind would shut off right when I throw the plane off!
Think i will wait for tomorrow afternoon and hit Lake Hills and get me some of that Santa Ana's coming. Expecting to be at 25 - 35 mph
Hey Coyote... wake up, we go things to do tomorrow!

Jeff/Oletimer
oletimer is offline Find More Posts by oletimer
Old Feb 08, 2011, 04:29 PM
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,223 Posts
Just left the water tower as Jordan and Keith were arriving. Gusty but lifty when I was there. It looks like it may get better for those two.
Old Feb 08, 2011, 05:04 PM
It was a radio hit...I swear!
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Jun 2008
619 Posts
Cool!

Let's see...

I am at work and Tom is flying...what's wrong with that picture?

I know Tom, Jeff, and Jordan because I fly with them often at Lillys, Kite Hill, and Water Towers. I bought a 48" LEG Zero from Chip once but I do not know if he remebers me (the zero came out nicely and flies great in 10+winds). I ran into Dave (DWA) at Cajon PSS Fest 2009 (that was a day for the record books ) and once at Little Mountain so he probably does not remeber me. So that leaves me with Steeg, Rotozuk, and KPeevyhouse (may have met you but do not remember you - nothing personal- just bad memory as I am getting older )

Hello all. I am Fabio Marin (seriously)...and I am a slopoholic (my call sign on RCG is "slopeaddict" after all). I mostly fly larger foamies like my 72" P-40, 117" KA-6, 60" M-60 and vintage Tuff Planes TA-152. I also have a Speedo and a foam 31" BD5 that I recently put together for the lighter days. I like to build and recently finished a pair of RG15 foam-core/sheeted wings for my Speedo. I am currently putting together a vintage 31" P-40 DAW kit (crunchy) which I bought from Adrian Yoon (Codezilla) on RCG. Too bad you can't find these kits any more 'cause they are true classics. When I grow up I want to be just like JoeMach or Brian Laird...except better .

Anyway, nice to have a local thread. Should you feel the immediate need to see what I look like just punch in Cajon PSS Fest 2009 and look for the pic of the contest winners of the foamy category . I am the semi-bald guy from the left holding the silver P-40 which took 2nd place (of course I always leave out the fact that there were only 4 contestants ).

I better get back to work...

Hope to see you all out on the slopes soon.

Fabio
slopeaddict is offline Find More Posts by slopeaddict
Old Feb 08, 2011, 06:24 PM
Dang!....What else did I bring
Orange County, S. Cal
Joined Oct 2009
999 Posts
Momentary Hi-Jack

Hey Wayne, Fabio, and the others I did not already PM...
Tomorrow is going to be an epic day out at Banning for some very nice frontside sloping. Typically SA's meant loads of wind and nowhere to fly... not any more. if you don't mind leaving OC for a trek, LH closer is great in SA winds, but tough on the landing... Banning on the other hand is truly great and for us oldtimers... If you loose your plane down the hill. (not likely with these winds) you can drive down the road and get her.
Slopepiolet has discovered this place and has graciously shared it with us all and I had a wonderful time flying my heavy Coyote there. Now I am hooked and will be bringing out with me all my crunchy's to try out and see how they do here.
Don't get me wrong... OC is our home to fly for 80 - 90% of the time... but for Santa Ana winds... you have got to try this place. Oh and by the way... the grass parking area is also the landing field. Huge, soft and ... just like you dream of.. by the car!
Think I will bring a nice soft chair out with me too!
Like Jordan said earlier... anyone knows of a OC Santa Ana place that is "GOOD" I am all over it... but for now, this is as good as it gets.
Hope to see you out there tomorrow. sorry for all you workers... but like we used to say in surfing...."Work is for people who don't surf... or now Fly"

Oletimer/Jeff
oletimer is offline Find More Posts by oletimer
Old Feb 08, 2011, 11:00 PM
Carlsbad, Ca
Joined Mar 2007
3,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopeaddict View Post

...... I bought a 48" LEG Zero from Chip once but I do not know if he remebers me (the zero came out nicely and flies great in 10+winds).

Hello all. I am Fabio Marin (seriously)...and I am a slopoholic
One day at a time Fabio

Of course I remember you (still have your number in my cell) and meeting at the Pico Mikey Dees to pass you the Zero (trunk toy). Glad it's a flier.
chip.greely is online now Find More Posts by chip.greely