HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 08, 2011, 10:37 AM
It was a radio hit...I swear!
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Jun 2008
622 Posts
Critters?

Craig,

I need you to call me every time you fly at Lilly. The snakes and critters seems to love you. I figure I'll let you walk to the edge first so that you attract all of them and clear the area out and then I can fly and retrieve w/o any worries You are like...no, better...than animal control man!! My infamous snake sticks will make me a rich man one day...

Keith and Adrian,

I need your help...I downloaded Brian Lairds's plans of the Spitfire from the San Diego Build thread. I am plannning to build one for Cajon with bluecore sheeted wings and a foam fuse (because I am not an expert in glass/molds). However, I have no dimensions on the fuse as his drawing does not seem to allow printing it in scale. Can you guys help a sloper out and provide me with the length of the fuse so that I can enlarge the drawing (fuse side and top view) to the appropriate size (I use the drawing to make templates which I use to cut the rough shape of the fuse before hand shaping it)? I could probably estimate the size but I would rather build it according to the drawing specs (which are not there). I would really appreciate it. Thanks
slopeaddict is offline Find More Posts by slopeaddict
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2011, 10:41 AM
It's not going to build itself
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,298 Posts
Wayne, I've got a quicksilver with a glass fuse RTF.
TRISME is online now Find More Posts by TRISME
Old Apr 08, 2011, 10:58 AM
Aloft Hobbies
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,772 Posts
I can wait.. I just started a DLG project last night. Will be my first DLG. I enjoyed the little rudder elevator HLG I had so much on the light days that I really would like to get a DLG ship up and running. Nothing better then flying and having fun when your buddies are stuck on the ground wondering if the lift is going to come up or not. :P Lets face it, this happens more then we would like around here.

But to summarize, yes, put me on the list for a mini-SR!! I like the big SR, but like the minis even more. What airfoil you using on them?

-Wayne
Rotozuk is online now Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: FrSky in Chicago!
Old Apr 08, 2011, 10:59 AM
Aloft Hobbies
Joined Sep 2003
5,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRISME View Post
Wayne, I've got a quicksilver with a glass fuse RTF.
Selling? PM me..
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 08, 2011, 11:09 AM
Aloft Hobbies
Joined Sep 2003
5,772 Posts
Scorpions - These are pretty much harmless unless you decide to mess with them. I have been camping since a kid, and recently a friend broke out an UV flashlight and started scorpion hunting in the dark. I was amazed how many he and his 7 year old found around our camp site! They just hang out and do there thing. I have never heard of anyone I know having a strike or any issues at all with scorpions. And trust me I have been in their habitat a LOT over the years.

We find all kinds of interesting critters.

In general we leave them alone, even the rattle snakes. They all have a job to do, and I like to let them do their job. No, their job is not biting people.

Will their be a lot of snakes this year? Yes, it was a wet winter, so their will be a lot of snake food around. Just keep an eye out, they are more affriad of us then we are of them.

Now spiders, I hate them!!

-Wayne
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 08, 2011, 11:16 AM
Airplane Killer
Orange County, CA
Joined Oct 2009
1,710 Posts
slopeaddict,
I'm building one of TFLG's spits for PSS. I measure the fuse at 29" from the tip to tip.
Dave
SumthinsFishy is offline Find More Posts by SumthinsFishy
Old Apr 08, 2011, 02:15 PM
Joined Mar 2011
39 Posts
It looks like it's windy, the tree's are blowing around, but the local weather stations are showing W 2mph...

Where is everyone flying today, I've got a Silhouette I put back together I want to fly.
sos42sloper is offline Find More Posts by sos42sloper
Old Apr 08, 2011, 02:32 PM
Launch and Recovery System
United States, CA, Laguna Beach
Joined Apr 2008
1,381 Posts
Zipper KP's
Kieth zipper rc (2 min 7 sec)
L.A.R.S. is online now Find More Posts by L.A.R.S.
Old Apr 08, 2011, 04:11 PM
Chino Hills, CA
Joined Feb 2003
2,370 Posts
Hey Fabio,

What SumthinsFishy said. 29" from the nose to the end of the fuse.

Make a lost foam fuse. It shouldn't be that hard. Carve a foam fuse, cover it with packing tape, glass the whole thing, melt the foam with Acetone then pull the tape out. You can even leave the foam in there too if you want more durability (if you do that, you don't need to tape the foam). It'll just be a bit heavier.

Adrian
codezilla is offline Find More Posts by codezilla
Old Apr 08, 2011, 05:20 PM
Joined Mar 2011
39 Posts
T-28 Motor

Anybody have a stock T-28 motor they want to sell, I figured most have upgraded so hopefully there are a few lying around...

As you can guess, I didn't have the best morning flying my T-28...
sos42sloper is offline Find More Posts by sos42sloper
Old Apr 08, 2011, 05:28 PM
Aloft Hobbies
Joined Sep 2003
5,772 Posts
And you call yourself a sloper? lol
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 08, 2011, 05:54 PM
Joined Jun 2008
622 Posts
Thank you

Thanks Dave and Adrian,

I'll get to work on the fuse based on the 29" measurement.
Old Apr 08, 2011, 08:48 PM
Chino Hills, CA
Joined Feb 2003
2,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopeaddict View Post
Thanks Dave and Adrian,

I'll get to work on the fuse based on the 29" measurement.
Just to be clear, 29" is from the nose to the end of the fuse that does not include the vertical fin.

Adrian
codezilla is offline Find More Posts by codezilla
Old Apr 08, 2011, 10:28 PM
Joined Jun 2008
622 Posts
10-4

Got it. 29" not including tail
Old Apr 09, 2011, 02:00 AM
Gear Up And Locked
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Feb 2011
41 Posts
Hello OldTimer,

Where is Lilly Shapell? Can,t believe all the talk about rattle snakes and scorpions. Is it in OC? What City? We do have our share of rattlers at Del Valle but I've never seen one..........yet!!!! Hope I never do. It's been pretty cool up here in the Bay Area but they'll be out when it warms up.

Wicker Bill
wicker_Bill is offline Find More Posts by wicker_Bill