SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 06, 2011, 11:42 AM
Silent Flight
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopeaddict View Post
TWYL!! Santa came early for you. I have your Speedo blue foam cores thanks to Wayne (Rotozuk) Send me a PM with your number so we can meet up. I got you the cores...how you build them is your choice

Later
Fabio/Wayne you guys rule! Thanks so much. PM on it's way.

Jeff, good luck with the contender bid.
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2011, 11:49 AM
Aloft Hobbies
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,669 Posts
Well, lets see how the good karma goes.. I have started promoting the web site. Should have a lot more stock in about a week. Including the Genesis molded gliders!! Have a bunch of R2 hobbies stock right now.

If anyone needs carbon fiber spars, tubes, rods etc. Typically under a $1 each for the small stuff. I was tired of no one having any locally so I thought I'd stock it for everyone. I have not put it on the website as shipping is a pain at this point in time.

-Wayne
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Taranis Front Shell Swap
Old Dec 06, 2011, 01:56 PM
Silent Flight
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
Well, lets see how the good karma goes.. I have started promoting the web site. Should have a lot more stock in about a week. Including the Genesis molded gliders!! Have a bunch of R2 hobbies stock right now.

If anyone needs carbon fiber spars, tubes, rods etc. Typically under a $1 each for the small stuff. I was tired of no one having any locally so I thought I'd stock it for everyone. I have not put it on the website as shipping is a pain at this point in time.

-Wayne
Wayne, I'm sure you will be a raging success. I wonder if you could create a local portal for will call orders that would include the special stuff you don't wana ship.

And I can't thank you guys enough for helping me improve my Speedo. I did some patchwork on it last night and I can already tell it will fly ugly, or at least it will look ugly while flying. Yet to determine if the integrity of the fix will hold, but I don't see why it wont as this wing will be retired to light wind and thermal only.
Old Dec 06, 2011, 02:08 PM
Aloft Hobbies
Joined Sep 2003
5,669 Posts
Yeah.. I need to make the will call module still... Have the will call payment method..
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 06, 2011, 02:22 PM
It was a radio hit...I swear!
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Jun 2008
619 Posts
I am at Lillys having lunch with the wife. Wind blowing 10 to 12 SW I am guessing. Told my wife to put her arms out and get ready for a toss
slopeaddict is offline Find More Posts by slopeaddict
Old Dec 06, 2011, 02:37 PM
Garden Grove, CA
Joined Mar 2010
409 Posts
Quote:
I am at Lillys having lunch with the wife. Wind blowing 10 to 12 SW I am guessing. Told my wife to put her arms out and get ready for a toss
Nose heavy or tail heavy?
stevenmurrell is offline Find More Posts by stevenmurrell
Old Dec 06, 2011, 02:56 PM
It was a radio hit...I swear!
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Jun 2008
619 Posts
Top heavy
slopeaddict is offline Find More Posts by slopeaddict
Old Dec 06, 2011, 02:56 PM
Aloft Hobbies
Joined Sep 2003
5,669 Posts
Quote:
Top heavy
How many channels?
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 06, 2011, 03:06 PM
Sane til the lift starts!
Laguna Beach, CA
Joined Jun 2008
10,193 Posts
Don't forget to turn her on before you toss her out.
kpeevyhouse is offline Find More Posts by kpeevyhouse
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2011, 03:45 PM
Silent Flight
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Quote:
Now that's funny. Can't wait for the video.

Speaking of which, got a call from my buddy who said he was near my work and had some left over pizza from a lunch with one of his clients. Since I had the plane in the car we headed off for Fermin and I got him to video the remaiden. Winds were a smooth 8-10mph and she flew great unballasted. I've forgotten how to go easy on her but she did fine.
Repaired Speedo at Fermin 8-10mph winds (clip 1) (1 min 58 sec)
Old Dec 06, 2011, 03:53 PM
Aloft Hobbies
Joined Sep 2003
5,669 Posts
Nice looking day!!

Hey, did you steal my hat? :P
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 06, 2011, 03:59 PM
(LITTLE TOM)....
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Jan 2005
344 Posts
nice video .. I miss flying there maybe i will start after New Year ...
ttoomm is offline Find More Posts by ttoomm
Old Dec 06, 2011, 04:18 PM
Silent Flight
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Quote:
Nice looking day!!

Hey, did you steal my hat? :P
Hahaha, you noticed. No that's my hat, but you know what, you should serious think about adding something similar to your website with an Aloft Hobbies logo.

Weather wise it was awesome. I was flying back by the wall where there was barely a breeze, the air was crystal clear with Catalina visible to the west, and without a cloud in sight.
Old Dec 06, 2011, 06:58 PM
Dang!....What else did I bring
Orange County, S. Cal
Joined Oct 2009
997 Posts
Lilly's

Thanks Jonathan;

my offer too low~
I went to Lilly's today because I started at 5:00 this morning, so was able to make it over there around 3:00. Light, but fun to fly the Spirit Elite. Was hopeful and brought the Vector III, and M-60, & my Ka6 I totally redid last night. Looks great, but she will need more wind then today!... Just in case thought... I was hoping.

Hey Jonathan... I need a translation on the camera person! and what happened to the BOT?

Jeff
oletimer is offline Find More Posts by oletimer
Old Dec 06, 2011, 07:00 PM
Dang!....What else did I bring
Orange County, S. Cal
Joined Oct 2009
997 Posts
Quote:

-Wayne
Send us some pic's of what this will look like?

Jeff
oletimer is offline Find More Posts by oletimer