to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2011, 07:36 PM
It's not going to build itself
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
5,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
Strange enough I fried a servo last night. But in a slightly different way. I had a brand new servo I was installing in an Alula clone. I had it cut and installed, and was connecting to the receiver to center the servos when I discovered that one of the servos was locked up, but humming. I did not have a spare servo, and already cut the holes in the wing, so I'll have to fix it. I open up the servo and find the gears are jammed. I fix the issue and close it up.. Not an easy task as these are some TINY gears. So now I want to test it before I screw the case back together. I turn on the radio and plug the servo into my reciever.. Hmm. nothing at all. Then I discovered I plugged into the telemetry port on my receiver. Weel, it turns our that the manufacturers warning about not plugging a servo into that port is 100% true. It neuters servos very effectively.

Now I have to go borrow a servo to finish the plane.

-Wayne
So that's what the telemetry does.
TRISME is online now Find More Posts by TRISME
Old Nov 09, 2011, 08:00 PM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Jun 2008
4,134 Posts
Passer

Hey 67 bring it up to kite hill, I fly mine all day, we ll trim it out and get it flying the way it should !!!!! Probably the best glider for the hill !!! Light or strong winds and she still flies great !!!
Dick J is online now Find More Posts by Dick J
Old Nov 09, 2011, 08:04 PM
Silent Flight
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick J View Post
Hey 67 bring it up to kite hill, I fly mine all day, we ll trim it out and get it flying the way it should !!!!! Probably the best glider for the hill !!! Light or strong winds and she still flies great !!!
Hey Dick, I have an odd request. Can you measure the outer diameter of the Passer fuse at it's thickest spot (w/o canopy on). I have some sock material and curious if it would fit.
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
Old Nov 09, 2011, 08:28 PM
It was a radio hit...I swear!
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Jun 2008
580 Posts
Ok, I have decided that we are buying too much stuff from overseas. I was watching the Science channel with my son and guess who has a commercial showing a dad and kid flying a remote control airplane? Hobby-freakn-Kiing.com Good to see our money is being used well.
slopeaddict is offline Find More Posts by slopeaddict
Old Nov 09, 2011, 08:33 PM
Silent Flight
Joined Jul 2005
3,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopeaddict View Post
Ok, I have decided that we are buying too much stuff from overseas. I was watching the Science channel with my son and guess who has a commercial showing a dad and kid flying a remote control airplane? Hobby-freakn-Kiing.com Good to see our money is being used well.
I think the real question is, "Is it in a box?"
Old Nov 09, 2011, 09:23 PM
Joined Jun 2008
4,134 Posts
Passer

Hey TWYL right behind the canopy and just in front of the leading edge of the wing its 51.3 mm Its the thickest part. Hope that helps
Old Nov 09, 2011, 09:37 PM
Silent Flight
Joined Jul 2005
3,927 Posts
Quote:
Hey TWYL right behind the canopy and just in front of the leading edge of the wing its 51.3 mm Its the thickest part. Hope that helps
Thanks, that may be a little larger than the sock material I have could fit, but it might fit. Will test it when I get home.

I had a thought this morning about possibly cutting some spider like wings cores for it and making it more of a hard core sloper. Will keep mulling the idea over.

Hey Wayne, any update on the thing with the things that goes zoom zoom zoom and rip rip rip?
Old Nov 09, 2011, 09:56 PM
Bunny Hill Flier
United States, CA, San Juan Capistrano
Joined May 2011
6,301 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Dick, I think I'll take you up on that.
I would like that. I work 12:00 to 8:30 pm at an aircraft company. six days a week. But the weekend I work shorter hours. I'll come to the saturday when I get off work. It's on my way home. I'll bring a few of my Planes. I would like to meet you and the local flyers. I need to fly other spots. My skill level just intermediate. That's why I mostly fly with just my buddies local. Will you be there Saturday afternoon ?? I'm going to get the CG done tonight.
She will be ready by sat. I'm thinking of switching my piano wire tubing to carbon fiber rod. I read about it on a thread on another plane. Mine flexes a lot. So I lose some movement due flex.
What do you use??
67econoline is online now Find More Posts by 67econoline
Old Nov 09, 2011, 10:01 PM
EPP Extrordinare
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Feb 2008
3,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twyl View Post
I had a thought this morning about possibly cutting some spider like wings cores for it and making it more of a hard core sloper. Will keep mulling the idea over.
I was also toying the idea of some bagged or sheeted 60" wings/tails with a faster airfoil. I say go for it ...
Mr. Combat Certain is online now Find More Posts by Mr. Combat Certain
Old Nov 09, 2011, 10:18 PM
Joined Jun 2008
4,134 Posts
Passer

Yea I ll be there Im usually there by 11 and stay until 4 to 5 we have about 5 passers there but they all come at different times
Old Nov 09, 2011, 10:47 PM
Dang!....What else did I bring
Orange County, S. Cal
Joined Oct 2009
997 Posts
He ought to know!

if Mr. J is not there 67 with his passer... it's probibly raining!
Nobody... & I mean nobody can do majic with a Passer like Mr. J.

You finally getting your wish Dick... a passer cult up there!
Does my E-1500 get me in at all?

Hey Jonathan, I like the Majic smoke trick. Espically when someone else does it!
My stupid Rx's don't tell you + - Sig on it... you have to figure that out if you get the majic smoke signal. I think in Indian Smoke signal language is spells out... $
oletimer is offline Find More Posts by oletimer
Old Nov 09, 2011, 10:55 PM
Joined Jun 2008
4,134 Posts
Passer

WOW Thanks Jeff !!! didnt even think you noticed he he anything you bring, you know you fit in big guy !!! See you soon Hopefuuly no rain !! Missing the hill
Old Nov 09, 2011, 10:58 PM
Silent Flight
Joined Jul 2005
3,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orni-freak View Post
I was also toying the idea of some bagged or sheeted 60" wings/tails with a faster airfoil. I say go for it ...
You wouldn't happen to know anyone who could cut some would you?

If you get a round to it make sure to cut a few sets. I'm not sure when/if I will grab a passer, but I should be ordering a Raptor pretty soon (still working out what electronics to order at the same time). The Passer and Raptor are only 5cm difference in length so worst case scenario I might be able to use them on the Raptor fuse.
Old Nov 09, 2011, 11:05 PM
Launch and Recovery System
United States, CA, Laguna Beach
Joined Apr 2008
1,328 Posts
I'm buying a kite to fly at kite hill
L.A.R.S. is online now Find More Posts by L.A.R.S.