HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 09, 2011, 06:05 AM
Zombie Apocalypse
Newcastle, Australia
Joined Nov 2010
1,973 Posts
Most cases center pin is always +. And if your not sure open the controller and have a look. Red wire terminated to the center pin. Not hard at all.

I use Lipo in my TX never had a drama yet, I check the voltage every second outing. Been out 4 times now with approx 8 to 10 uses each outing and voltage has dropped by 1/2 a volt. Feeling depressed I may have to charge the batteries soon....
Rusty Old Fart is offline Find More Posts by Rusty Old Fart
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2011, 03:19 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
3,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
nimh and nicad cells give way more than 1.2v when fully charged. My DX6i shows about 5.5v on 4 nimh cells when fully charged.
That's 100% true. I use them myself in all my transmitters.
But I should clarify, the problems I've seen were mainly caused with 400mah & 600mah packs which drained quickly once the voltage did start to drop & the guys admitted that they didn't charge them up after every time they used them. That's why I suggested the larger capacity packs. Especially in the receiver packs. Even more so if digital servos are being used as they have a higher current drain.

Rusty.
I'll probably change to lipo when these cells I'm using start to fail, but that should be years away. Hopefully.

Cheers.
Paul.
785boats is online now Find More Posts by 785boats
Old Jun 10, 2011, 03:33 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,823 Posts
Fair enough! Plus, the nimh AA's in my dx6i are 2200mah cells, way above a 400 or 600mah pack.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jun 11, 2011, 09:03 AM
Zombie Apocalypse
Newcastle, Australia
Joined Nov 2010
1,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
That's 100% true. I use them myself in all my transmitters.
But I should clarify, the problems I've seen were mainly caused with 400mah & 600mah packs which drained quickly once the voltage did start to drop & the guys admitted that they didn't charge them up after every time they used them. That's why I suggested the larger capacity packs. Especially in the receiver packs. Even more so if digital servos are being used as they have a higher current drain.

Rusty.
I'll probably change to lipo when these cells I'm using start to fail, but that should be years away. Hopefully.

Cheers.
Paul.
I understand. If something is working why change it.
Rusty Old Fart is offline Find More Posts by Rusty Old Fart
Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:31 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,614 Posts
Ordered one of these for my "collection" of rc cars from Hobbypartz.com. They have the FlySky FS-GT3B and is only $5 more than the classic out of stock one at hobbyking. I also bought a couple of extra RX's.
kenstogie is online now Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:26 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,823 Posts
Mine should be here any day now, as well as the "hack" kit, bearing and better voltage regulator from http://www.overkillrc.com/. I ordered the tx/rx from hobbypartz.com, just the mod parts from overkillRC.

I'm sure it would work fine out of the box, but I figured I would fix all the annoying points right away.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 04:40 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,614 Posts
What is this "hack" exactly??
Old Sep 12, 2011, 05:39 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,823 Posts
It's a modification that lets you plug in a programmer card. Once you have that done, you can upload better firmware to it.

There's instructions on overkillRC.com on all of it, as well as the products. You can find parts cheaper, but these are the easiest (laziest ) way.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 08:51 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
you can upload better firmware to it.

There's instructions on all of it, as well as the products. You can find parts cheaper, but these are the easiest (laziest ) way.
Thanks for the info nice site, for me I will leave it stock, although the knob bearing and voltage regulator looke easy enough and I may consider.

As for the firmware other than more channels (and less model memory) what can it do??
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:01 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,823 Posts
The big benefit to better firmware is proper expo, and better trim range.

This site will generate modified firmware from the stock base firmware, and shows the options available:

http://cs.mff.cuni.cz/~semerad/GT3B/
Old Sep 14, 2011, 06:17 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,614 Posts
Thanks Parsons
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:55 PM
Joined Aug 2011
3 Posts
Gt3b

Ive had the 4pk for some time and bought the Gt3b, and now the 4pk is sold, need i say more
Backster is offline Find More Posts by Backster
Old Sep 17, 2011, 08:57 AM
Joined Aug 2008
78 Posts
Hi guys

I just bought the GTB3 radio and was wondering whether that receiver from Hobbyking will work?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...iver_3Ch_.html

It says only for GT2 in the HK description but some people seem to have used it with the GTB3 successfully. I'm kinda confused.....

Has anybody else used that receiver with the GTB3 successfully?

Please let me know.

Cheers

JC
jerome888 is offline Find More Posts by jerome888
Old Sep 17, 2011, 09:27 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,823 Posts
If you view the product page for the GT3B, it shows that receiver as being included with it, and also below with the accessories for it.

From everything I've read, if the RX works with the GT2 it works with the GT3B. Hobbypartz.com carries them under another name, and they use the same RX with their version of the GT2 and GT3B.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 08:50 PM
Joined Aug 2008
78 Posts
WP

Thanks a lot for your help. Now I may need to get a few of them....
jerome888 is offline Find More Posts by jerome888