Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 07, 2011, 12:29 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
hard to say whats wrong, the MWC Board shouldnt have a problem, may a short in the soldering?
May Warthox can say more.
Goofy23 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy23
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2011, 01:16 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsm View Post
Are there different GPS modules for different countries? Can I use FMP04-TLP GPS module in germany?
The problem with the FMP04 is it only avaiable in the USA, so we may have a good substitude with the PA6.
My bob will support both.
Old Aug 07, 2011, 01:19 PM
Svizzera, TI, Lugano
Joined Jun 2011
163 Posts
Paul, the best way it's find the GPS BOB with FMP04 or PA6 installed in your shop
jonnypaletta is offline Find More Posts by jonnypaletta
Old Aug 07, 2011, 02:31 PM
Deutschland
Joined Jul 2011
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post
hard to say whats wrong, the MWC Board shouldnt have a problem, may a short in the soldering?
May Warthox can say more.
Should I resolder the while thing? Is a USB connection enough to Power the board and get data from the wmp?
flow23 is offline Find More Posts by flow23
Old Aug 07, 2011, 03:11 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
Yes usb and FTDI are enough to power the board and sensors.
Sorry its really hard to say what is wrong there.
Old Aug 07, 2011, 04:19 PM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexinparis View Post
It's a very clean built.
I'm thinking about this center plate for my next proto.
I notice you didn't use the power distribution directly on the PCB.
Is there a reason for this ?

I think you could save a little bit the build time by avoiding one hole under the motor axis, and cut instead the unused part of the axis with a dremel. (and save something like 5g )
thanks alex u did a great job on the new fw. video of testflight will be on soon
i generally dont use power distribution boards.
making this hole is much faster than cutting the shaft...especially when im on drill anyway. yes im lazy
would be great to see u using this centerplates
warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
Old Aug 07, 2011, 04:23 PM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flow23 View Post
Hi, I'm using the flyduino warthox board and I don't get any reading from the wmp and nunchuk. Maybe I wired it wrong. Can someone help me please?
Infos:
MultiWii_1.8 code with changed flight mode -> HEX6X
No others changes.
soldering of wmp looks ok. cant say if the nunchuk soldering ist ok, i never made that.
what ftdi adapter is this? its not a sparkfun ftdi isnt it?
u uploaded fw 1.8 and also use 1.8 gui? com port is correct? uploading was ok?
u also followed the steps to connect with the gui http://www.multiwii.com/software ?
for hex u need a sum signal rx. have u uncommented that in the fw?
Old Aug 07, 2011, 04:42 PM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
heres the video of testing the new fw 1.8 with my new quad
so far everything as it should be

mwc quad - flyduino mwc board (3 min 0 sec)
Old Aug 07, 2011, 05:32 PM
Deutschland, SH, Kiel
Joined Jul 2011
509 Posts
Warthox you are crazy, I wish I coul fly like that...
jevermeister is offline Find More Posts by jevermeister
Old Aug 07, 2011, 06:27 PM
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
Flugtag 2011 MBC Weiten (3 min 21 sec)

no fpv gear , just guessing ^^
M4d_D is offline Find More Posts by M4d_D
Old Aug 07, 2011, 10:39 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
nice track, nice flight, groovy and steady, great, thanks for showing it.
Warthox, yes you are crazy and a real natural born copter flyer a N.B.C.F.
Same term for M4d, a natural born camera flyer, good guessed!, at least you guys are born to fly, i am still not at the point beeing a good pilot, of course skills had improved over the time, but to be honest, the Flyduino thing involves me so much i am worried to be able to fly my next copter with warm hands this years, means in summer, LOL.
Anyway software is doing great progress and soon i will be able to deliver a whole toy departement for us in my store www.flyduino.com.
The faulty delivery was a hit in the face and not planed be sure, but things happen and other things are to do, i go on.
Atm i comunicate a lot to get a new delivery as fast as possible, when i know more about it i will post delivery date and will offer a preorder in shop then, so people know what they have to expect.

Will add some new props today, have a look later
Will change the prop offer, more sizes and more colors, but i think i also offer them in 4pcs. sets 2CW 2CCW now as logistically its going to be too complicated to handle 16 types of props, simply didnt have the space
May later offer also sets for Tri´s (btw. how many percent fly tri, guess 10-20%?), but hey those props arent expensive and lots who have a tri have have also a quad and props are always needed.

ONE BIG PROB ATM, my mailserver hangs it seems, hopefully this is resolved tomorrow, for all who ordered or asked something on the flyduino mail adresses today i didnt got the mail, no mail the whole day !!!!!
Last edited by Goofy23; Aug 07, 2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old Aug 07, 2011, 11:06 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
Oh and Mathias,have you used a gopro?
As the image seems to be underexposed a little, normally the gopro tends to do a good exposure for our purposes and beeing a full automatic.
Last edited by Goofy23; Aug 07, 2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:15 AM
Deutschland
Joined Jul 2011
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
soldering of wmp looks ok. cant say if the nunchuk soldering ist ok, i never made that.
what ftdi adapter is this? its not a sparkfun ftdi isnt it?
u uploaded fw 1.8 and also use 1.8 gui? com port is correct? uploading was ok?
u also followed the steps to connect with the gui http://www.multiwii.com/software ?
for hex u need a sum signal rx. have u uncommented that in the fw?
Thank you for your fast answer warthox. It's not a sparkfun ftdi it's from dfrobot, this one http://www.lipoly.de/index.php?main_...ucts_id=161073. I use fw 1.8 gui and code are matching. comport is also okay, I only have one on my mac. The START and READ stuff works, have a cycle time of about 3800 but no readings from the sensors. I also ordered this ppm encoder, http://www.lipoly.de/index.php?main_...ucts_id=135700, I'm not using it atm and the code is still commented. Do I need to uncomment it to work with the sensor readings?
flow23 is offline Find More Posts by flow23
Old Aug 08, 2011, 05:28 AM
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post
Oh and Mathias,have you used a gopro?
As the image seems to be underexposed a little, normally the gopro tends to do a good exposure for our purposes and beeing a full automatic.
i used a gopro hd , yes ...
it might be the setting , i believe there are two ways to set that , i havent changed anything but the last two videos arent that great... the sky was too bright and the ground too dark...

what settings do you use in your gopro ?
M4d_D is offline Find More Posts by M4d_D
Old Aug 08, 2011, 07:24 AM
Deutschland, HE, Kassel
Joined Sep 2005
138 Posts
@warthox

Hey Warthox, my biggest respect for your impressive flying!

Where did you get the new black Hobbywing ESC from?
also at: http://www.giantcod.co.uk/

I realized at the Hobbywing side that they changed the name from Pentium to Fly-Fun and the design from yellow to black - what looks much cooler to the Pirate style of Paul's black boards. So does giantcod.co.uk already ship the black modell?

What diameter has your new quad?

I want to build up myself a new quad to start a carefull attempt in acro flying and for that I'm insecure what parts to choose and appreciate help.

Why do you choose the 20-26m and 8x4.5 props instead of 20-22l and 10x4.5 for a quad?
Is that expainable in few words?

And finaly where do I order Fabios FIMU at varesano.net or at viacopter.eu - can't find a real order possibility.

Thanks and regards

Jan
Jan F. is offline Find More Posts by Jan F.