SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:20 AM
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
hi, when i use wm+ and bma020 will i need 3.3v or 5v?
M4d_D is offline Find More Posts by M4d_D
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:56 AM
Joined Jul 2011
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4d_D View Post
hi, when i use wm+ and bma020 will i need 3.3v or 5v?
Hi,

ELV's BMA020 has a build in LLC and voltage regulator --> you can use it with 5V. WM+ also runs on 5V.

Rgds
aBUGSworstnightmare
aBUGSnightmare is offline Find More Posts by aBUGSnightmare
Last edited by aBUGSnightmare; Jul 29, 2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 01:24 PM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
Quote:
hi ,
i have a big problem with my octo at the moment...
if i fly with gyros only it works great , if i switch the accelerometer on it flies okay but sometimes it suddenly tips forwards or backwards ( never to the side ) and i have to counteract really hard to keep it under control . i wanted to try fpv today ( first time ) and it did that and landed in a tree ... nothing except one prop broke but i need to know why it does that .
im using flyduino and ff imu

i might be forced to switch to wm+ with bma020 but i therefore i would need another board i.e. the flydusense bob . when will thete be new ones paul ? dont you have any left ? what about bma020 ?

if someone has a clue what might cause the behaviour i described please post it or send me a pm ...

i just hope the ff imu isnt damaged
One of my Tri's does exactly the same thing, i have changed RX, replaced wires, checked joints, Swapped out ESC's, its hard wired so no bullet connectors, Checked ESC settings. Nothing works
Its unpredictable and happens twice maybe three times to a pack, it used to be my best multi, but now i cant trust it and it is no fun anymore.
But unlike yours its a Paris board with WMP(original) and Bma020. So if you solve it please, please, post and i promise to do the same.

Luckily i have several Flyduino based multi's so i can still fly but i would love to fix my little tri as it used to be such a fun copter.

Ray
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Old Jul 29, 2011, 03:29 PM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
am just building my flyduspider, and wonder about the prop-rotation directions.

can anyone give me a hint for rotation directions for hex x (flyduspider) ?
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
Old Jul 29, 2011, 03:45 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,226 Posts
One great thread tool (upper right corner) is the thread gallery, which shows all attachments of a thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/thumb...=threadgallery

kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2011, 04:13 PM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
One great thread tool (upper right corner) is the thread gallery, which shows all attachments of a thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/thumb...=threadgallery

oh my god - that idea should have been mine, seems i am too tired atm (built my new carport all day.... )

i did not think of looking just to the props of ready built flyduspider

thx for hint
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
Old Jul 29, 2011, 06:36 PM
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteturbo View Post
One of my Tri's does exactly the same thing, i have changed RX, replaced wires, checked joints, Swapped out ESC's, its hard wired so no bullet connectors, Checked ESC settings. Nothing works
Its unpredictable and happens twice maybe three times to a pack, it used to be my best multi, but now i cant trust it and it is no fun anymore.
But unlike yours its a Paris board with WMP(original) and Bma020. So if you solve it please, please, post and i promise to do the same.

Luckily i have several Flyduino based multi's so i can still fly but i would love to fix my little tri as it used to be such a fun copter.

Ray
ill post it , i promise ...
i really need that octo and i need to trust it because its the safest way to make aerial fotos or videos , especially if there are people around

i hope its the bma180 in the ff imu , its expensive but at least we know whats the problem ... ( but i dont know yet , im just guessing .. ill test new sensors ( wm+ and bma020 and another flydusense bob ) )

do you have any power wires running nearby your accelerometer ?
i thought it might be an inductive field but that might be difficult because the behaviour just happens sometimes and not all the time

do you use pauls flydusense bob ? my llc is damaged so i connected sda ans scl directly to the ff imu , power still comes from the bob ...
Old Jul 30, 2011, 01:50 AM
Joined Jul 2011
2 Posts
BMP085 and HMC5843 on Flydusnese LLC V.1.1 ?

Hi, i'm new on this group and i bought a flyduino with flydusense LLC v.1.1 last week (thanx Paul).

i have my quad flying with the Warthox 2.0 board with WMP, BMA020, BMP085 and Mag Kompass HMC5843 all with multiwii software MultiWiiDev14072011.

My question is now,

I would like to change the plattform from warthox to flyduino. Can i use my sensors (BMP085 and my HMC5843) on the flydusense LLC board or have i buy some IMU?

some Connection diagrams available for that ?

many thnx.....
Mash64
mash64 is offline Find More Posts by mash64
Old Jul 30, 2011, 05:37 AM
Esslingen, Germany
Joined Dec 2008
75 Posts
DIYDrones MT3329 GPS Adapter

hi, everybody

searching through this thread and reading the datasheet of the MT3329 i'm a bit confused.
on the bottom of the DIYDrones Adapter it states 5V
same Voltage as the Serial connector of the Flyduino

but in the datasheet a typical voltage of 3.3V is stated. and Pauls BOB looks like having a LLC on it.

so my question: will i need a LLC for the GPS Module?
i want to use the ardupirates code and dont want to fry the components on the first connection.

kind regards

@mash64 i don't se a reason why you should not be able to use bmp085 and hmc bob with the flydusense... as long as they run on 3.3V everthing should be fine

Christoph
dynai is offline Find More Posts by dynai
Old Jul 30, 2011, 05:46 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,226 Posts
@ mash64: You'll find almost any possible connection in berkely's wonderful blog here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1340771

@ dynai: the GPS unit itself uses 3,3V - but the DIYD bob has a 5V converter on board. So you can connect it to 5V straight away...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 30, 2011, 06:08 AM
Esslingen, Germany
Joined Dec 2008
75 Posts
Thanks very much can't tell you how much i appreciate your work on documenting these copters.

best regards Christoph
dynai is offline Find More Posts by dynai
Old Jul 30, 2011, 09:35 AM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
Quote:
i really need that octo and i need to trust it because its the safest way to make aerial fotos or videos , especially if there are people around

i hope its the bma180 in the ff imu , its expensive but at least we know whats the problem ... ( but i dont know yet , im just guessing .. ill test new sensors ( wm+ and bma020 and another flydusense bob ) )

i thought it might be an inductive field but that might be difficult because the behaviour just happens sometimes and not all the time

do you use pauls flydusense bob ? my llc is damaged so i connected sda ans scl directly to the ff imu , power still comes from the bob ...
As on all my multi's the FC sits above the power lines, i have never had any problems with that, i put a layer of foam/sponge between Power and FC just in case of shorts etc. As its a Parris/Wartox board the WMP and Bma020 are mounted directly on the FC.
I use a Flydusense bob with WMP and Bma020 and Flyduino on one of my Quads and it is perfect(touch wood) and its on top of a flydupower bob and i get no magnetic induction problems, so i dont think its that.
I think there's an invisible alien with a laser zapping it, cant think of any other cause.
One thing its doing though is speeding up my reaction times as i can save it most times now.

Ray
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Old Jul 30, 2011, 10:24 AM
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
Quote:

i am not sure but i think there were two factors involved here ... first of all my ff imu seems to be damaged and secondly i believe that the power distribution has induced some currents that the accelerometer didnt really like ... i switched the ff imu and shielded the new sensors with 4mm carbon fibre and aluminium ( because i had no lead ) and mounted them about 14mm further away and it seemed to become a little better ...

does anyone understand a little more about physics and might be able to confirm my theory ?
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:30 AM
Joined Jul 2011
2 Posts
BMP085 and HMC5843 on Flydusnese LLC V.1.1 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
@ mash64: You'll find almost any possible connection in berkely's wonderful blog here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1340771

@ dynai: the GPS unit itself uses 3,3V - but the DIYD bob has a 5V converter on board. So you can connect it to 5V straight away...
@Kinderkram: Thanx for your reply, did you mean that i can connect my BMP085 and HMC5843 onto the same flydusense Board where my WMP and BMA020 is ?

regards Mash64
mash64 is offline Find More Posts by mash64
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:43 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash64 View Post
@Kinderkram: Thanx for your reply, did you mean that i can connect my BMP085 and HMC5843 onto the same flydusense Board where my WMP and BMA020 is ?

regards Mash64
Yes, they can all be attached to the I2C bus.
You only need to uncomment them in the MultiWii code.
RCG Plus Member