HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 17, 2011, 03:57 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0sewhite View Post
Jonny, did you leave the quad untouched while initialising? On startup the gyros calibrate and I know this behaviour from copters that have been moved during the calibration process.
That's right.
The gyros are calibrated each time you power the board. Only accels and mag need to be calibrated once with fixed values in the EEPROM.
In all cases keep the copter level and don't move it on startup!
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2011, 03:58 PM
Svizzera, TI, Lugano
Joined Jun 2011
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0sewhite View Post
Jonny, did you leave the quad untouched while initialising? On startup the gyros calibrate and I know this behaviour from copters that have been moved during the calibration process.
-I have connected a Flyduino on my mac without move it...

-I have calibrated the gyros i have placed the "quad" on the table...

In the GUI i can read:
GYRO ROLL value 0 to 300~
GYRO PITCH value 0 to 300~
GYRO YAW value -200 to 200

I don't have negative value on ROLL and PITCH gyros

I don't have connected any ESC or AKKU at this moment, the power for the Flyduino and Flydusense (WM+/BMA020) are from USB port. (USB to FTDi 3,3V) It's this the problem??

I have only the Flyduino and Flydusense without frame at this moment...

jonnypaletta is offline Find More Posts by jonnypaletta
Last edited by jonnypaletta; Jul 17, 2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 04:19 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Nov 2002
814 Posts
I am using a flyduino 2 and allinone sensor board with the b8 code and I have noticed something strange happening in the raw sensor view,
Look in the capture below you will see
gyro y = black
gyro x = blue
accel y = green
accel x = red

but as shown in the capture when I pitch the quad forward I get black gyro y and accel x red when it should be accel y green and when rolling blue gyro x but green accel y
is anyone else getting this, Iam wondering if this is what made my quad unflyable when I tried the MP code before,
could some of the others with a flyduino and allinone combo check theirs to see if its the same,
I have also tried this with the flyduino v1.1 and its the same.
Gaza07 is offline Find More Posts by Gaza07
Old Jul 17, 2011, 04:22 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Nov 2002
814 Posts
Ooops sorry this should be in the mega pirate thread
Gaza07 is offline Find More Posts by Gaza07
Old Jul 17, 2011, 04:50 PM
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
doesnt anyone have an idea why my ff imu isnt recognized anymore from one moment to the other . i didnt do anything to the octo since the last flight ( yesterday evening ) and now the gyros dont seem to work anymore but the leds on the flyduino and on the ff imu are working . i have no movement in the gui ( the lines are there though but if i move the craft nothing changes ) also my cycle time has gone from 3000 to 6000 .

any ideas ?
M4d_D is offline Find More Posts by M4d_D
Old Jul 17, 2011, 05:53 PM
Deutschland, SL, Saarbrücken
Joined Jun 2011
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4d_D View Post
doesnt anyone have an idea why my ff imu isnt recognize also my cycle time has gone from 3000 to 6000 .

any ideas ?
hi,
can you cjeck the voltage on the ffimu?
Enable?
voltage on sda scl?
elRedeo is offline Find More Posts by elRedeo
Old Jul 17, 2011, 06:16 PM
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elRedeo View Post
hi,
can you cjeck the voltage on the ffimu?
Enable?
voltage on sda scl?
wo genau sollte denn da ne spannung anliegen ? hab nur die widerstände zwischen den einzelnen kontakten und den von mr verlöteten kabeln überprüft. die kontakte scheinen alle ok zu sein ...

saarbrücken? wo fliegst du da ?
M4d_D is offline Find More Posts by M4d_D
Old Jul 17, 2011, 07:39 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FERCYR37 View Post
Hi Paul
I have the same problem.
I'm using Flydusense board, so I soldered the FFIMU directly to the Flyduino and now I can connect to Flyduino.
Can I do this or not ?
Yes of course you can do, simply disable the pullups.
Contact me via pm we find a solution, excuse the faulty unit, a bit too much for my taste, sry.
Goofy23 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy23
Old Jul 17, 2011, 07:40 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbw View Post
Something else, does the Flydusense need the 3.3 V connection for a FFIMU using the LLC? It works without as well, rather strange. The pulses on the data and clock line look very nice on a scope without but I don't want to risk loosing a gyro during flight!

arachnida
No they are not needed as the FFIMU brings their own 3.3V pullup and regulator with it, so its not needed.
The pulses are fine, its meassured directly after the transistor and 5V pullups 4.7K or 6.8K (used both both are good), you shouldnt need to enable the internal pullups which lowers the pullup value even more, which is may bit low.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 07:51 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbw View Post
No problem, a beer will do!

The soldering was dry, when I pushed on it it started working so it just needed a resoldering. I should have connected my logic analyzer to the pins on the FFIMU instead on the FlyDuino side of the I2C, that way I would have noticed immediately there was a problem in the LLC.

I tried the serial 1, but that didn't work. Do I need to change anything in the code except enabling the PPM routines? Are the signals then routed to serial1?

OT: tomorrow my new Rx will arrive, I ordered the new Jeti R9 receiver. I like the Jeti system, it is very popular under MikroKopter users because of the telemetry functionality. The new firmware from MartinW even allows to change MK settings without the use of a PC. He did a nice job!

arachnida
a belgish or a german beer?
For the Serial 1 RX1 is the pin19 which is enabled as standard PPM pin in Multiwii, Alex got a 2.0 a few days ago he said its 100% compatible, i hope i am allowed to refer to your pm.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 08:06 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4d_D View Post
wo genau sollte denn da ne spannung anliegen ? hab nur die widerstände zwischen den einzelnen kontakten und den von mr verlöteten kabeln überprüft. die kontakte scheinen alle ok zu sein ...

saarbrücken? wo fliegst du da ?
Strange
if there is a problem on the i2c line there is normally a flat line with a negative value,-15000 or so, the 6000 are really strange.
How do you connected it?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 08:34 PM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,028 Posts
Well I have my multiwii software running again - but something weird is now happening - Motors are running very erratically - Anyone know what would cause this? Using Flyduino and FFIMU - http://vimeo.com/26556002
Mike
cdi3d is offline Find More Posts by cdi3d
Old Jul 17, 2011, 08:51 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,074 Posts
Mike i never saw those behavoir before on any copter, if i am right you give a little power and the motor spins erratically, and it semms when you press a little on top they start to run?, or you may simply zry to prevent from starting, dont know.
If its in low throttle settings i would set the min throtle higher and check the motor timings.
If i where you i would may change the esc´s, sometimes they are strange.
How do you power the board and is the frame out of carbon?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 08:59 PM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,028 Posts
Thanks Paul - The frame is made from g10 - Vigilante frame from x468 - I will try with min throttle settings - I use these esc's on a tricopter with no problem at all - very strange

Mike
cdi3d is offline Find More Posts by cdi3d
Old Jul 17, 2011, 09:05 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,074 Posts
and may recalibrate all another time, i made a small connector from pinheader i glued together in 3 rows, so i can calibrate them all at once.
and may the min thr is too low so they behave strange in the low settings, its always hard to say if not having it in hands.
Last edited by Goofy23; Jul 17, 2011 at 09:14 PM.