Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 26, 2011, 09:56 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
take out the GNDīs you dont need.
I thought about disconnecting some GND from pins which are dedicated to motors, but i didnt to get a more universal board.
To be honest i didnt disconnect my gnds and never had problems, norf and many others also, you are absolutely right there is a potential for gnd loops, but i never had some nor heard about it from other Flyduino users.
BTW i send you a nice and fresh GPS BOB for testing purposes.

@Berkely, thanks for the info, as always very valuable.
I will have a look after those dampeners, but i think those servo tape to mount the senors works pretty well too as vibration dampening.
Goofy23 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy23
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2011, 09:58 PM
Hovership
United States, CA, Cupertino
Joined Aug 2010
999 Posts
Awesome, thank you.
3rdeyepro is offline Find More Posts by 3rdeyepro
Old May 27, 2011, 01:42 AM
Joined Dec 2010
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post
Hi Guys made some GPS Bobīs for testing.
These 3 will go out to developers/testers.
Ramon will get one and Oleg will get one.
3rdeye should get one too i tihnk.
From this first 3 none is for me, Jussi can you wait till i have the 3.3V regulators?
As Ramon showed in the Pirates Thread the LLC is not needed it seems, but i will stay with that, its safe.
I may can add support for other modules on the bob?
It's looking good Paul! Great, can't wait to try mine out!
rvbcrs is offline Find More Posts by rvbcrs
Old May 27, 2011, 02:05 AM
HeliAP'er!
Surrey, UK
Joined Aug 2003
8,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by berkely View Post
Carefull with the diagrams David

It seems you have connected all gnd's from the ESC's together. It's better not to do so & avoid ground loops. Check this link on that topic if you want.

Regards
B.
Hi Berkely

I had never thought of doing it any other way ... but I guess as the ESC is already getting a ground on the power input side of things ... My tricopter is wired up with all the power grounds connected and all the signal grounds connected too ...

I will think this over!

Cheers

David
Hogster is online now Find More Posts by Hogster
Old May 27, 2011, 02:20 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,199 Posts
Quote:
Hi Guys made some GPS Bobīs for testing.
These 3 will go out to developers/testers.
Ramon will get one and Oleg will get one.
3rdeye should get one too i tihnk.
From this first 3 none is for me, Jussi can you wait till i have the 3.3V regulators?
As Ramon showed in the Pirates Thread the LLC is not needed it seems, but i will stay with that, its safe.
I may can add support for other modules on the bob?
One good thing would be to have the LED flashing when a GPS fix occurs.

Do you think it could be done? This would be a great visual feedback.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2011, 04:52 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Well Paul....

I had hope to get some of those GPS bobs soon. Its no problem to source 3.3v regulators for me.....

But if you only have a limited qty, then they should of course go to testers and coders....

Jussi
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2011, 06:06 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Nov 2002
814 Posts
Anyone got a source in europe or the uk for the GPS, $32.00 shipping from the states is just taking the p*ss
Gaza07 is offline Find More Posts by Gaza07
Old May 27, 2011, 06:26 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
Ok Jussi, i recycled some regulators from other projects, 2 GPS Bobs will go out to you today.
Mission acomplished, 2 GPS Bobs laying in front of my door allready prepared for its way to denmark.
Last edited by Goofy23; May 27, 2011 at 07:12 AM.
Old May 27, 2011, 07:16 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
I dont have any capacities for it atm, but a new group buy thread should be interessting for many europeans.
When i have more free capacities i may can order some and take it in to the shop, when the module has aproved its usabilty.
Its geeting good reviews in other forums.
I may can add some pads for a ublox module, but those are quite expensive, starting from 75€.
Any suggestions/alterantives would be nice.
Old May 27, 2011, 10:34 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Nov 2002
814 Posts
I have emailed sales@oharap.com and had a reply concerning the 10 Hz - FMP04-TLP GPS module MediaTek chipset,
Here is the reply
Shipping to UK is $15 via USPS Priority Mail. Should arrive in 3-5 business days.

You can paypal me At xxxxxx@xxxxxx.com the cost of the unit ($25) and breakout board ($7.50 if you want it) + $15 for shipping.

This is now a much better deal than using the web site that wants $32.00 for shipping anyway I have ordered and payed for one comes to Ģ24.28 so hurry up with the bobs Paul
Gaza07 is offline Find More Posts by Gaza07
Last edited by Gaza07; May 27, 2011 at 10:45 AM. Reason: His reply had the wrong price of $15 should of been $25
Old May 27, 2011, 10:57 AM
Joined Feb 2009
182 Posts
What's the diference off the Flydusense Sensor BOB with or without LLC ?

Thanks.-
pabmadi is offline Find More Posts by pabmadi
Old May 27, 2011, 11:09 AM
Fremont, California, United States
Joined Oct 2001
56 Posts
FFIMU alternatives?

OK -- so I ordered the Flyduino, power distribution, IMU bob etc. from Paul.

But then I go to Jussi's site and see that the FFIMU is no longer available. Moreover, he indicated on rcgroups that he won't be making any more. So is a new rev. on the way? When?

If not, what are the alternatives? I already have a WMP+NK quad and want to use a 9DOF IMU for the Flyduino.

Opinions about the ebay "all-in-one" IMU? Others?

Thanks in advance.
sakumar is offline Find More Posts by sakumar
Old May 27, 2011, 11:11 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
One have a logic level converter on it to translate the voltage levels between the 5V arduino world and the 3.3V sensor world.
To make it clear if you plan to use a WMP and a BMA020 or nunchuck you dont need a LLC, it safe to use with enabled pullups in the mutiwii software.
If you plan to use a FFIMU you dont need it, if you always know what you do in the multiwii soft (disable pullups).
This is always the case, if you know what you do and are sure you have the software settings, you dont need it in anyway.
The LLC is a safety instance and simply a good thing for your sensor health.
Old May 27, 2011, 11:31 AM
Fremont, California, United States
Joined Oct 2001
56 Posts
Quote:
One have a logic level converter on it to translate the voltage levels between the 5V arduino world and the 3.3V sensor world.
To make it clear if you plan to use a WMP and a BMA020 or nunchuck you dont need a LLC, it safe to use with enabled pullups in the mutiwii software.
If you plan to use a FFIMU you dont need it, if you always know what you do in the multiwii soft (disable pullups).
This is always the case, if you know what you do and are sure you have the software settings, you dont need it in anyway.
The LLC is a safety instance and simply a good thing for your sensor health.
I want to clarify that I was looking for 9DOF IMUs to use with Flyduino. The obvious one -- Jussi's FFIMU -- is not available. Can you give pointers to which others are out there?

I already have WMP+NK quads and do not want to use WMP+NK again.

Also, I understand that since most stand-alone sensors are 3.3V, if the IMU has a Logic Level Converter built in, then I can directly connect it to the Flyduino I2C. If not, I can use the Flyduino bob and the LLC on that.

But mainly I am looking for web links for which IMUs I should consider.

Thanks.
sakumar is offline Find More Posts by sakumar
Old May 27, 2011, 02:49 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakumar View Post
I want to clarify that I was looking for 9DOF IMUs to use with Flyduino. The obvious one -- Jussi's FFIMU -- is not available. Can you give pointers to which others are out there?

I already have WMP+NK quads and do not want to use WMP+NK again.

Also, I understand that since most stand-alone sensors are 3.3V, if the IMU has a Logic Level Converter built in, then I can directly connect it to the Flyduino I2C. If not, I can use the Flyduino bob and the LLC on that.

But mainly I am looking for web links for which IMUs I should consider.

Thanks.
Jussi is sold out on the 9DOF FFIMU - he only has some 6DOF in stock.
The only alternative in that price range is the "AllinOne" board sold on Ebay.
There's a thread here on RCG dealing with it btw.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member