SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 20, 2011, 11:19 AM
Registered User
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2010
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Good to see the AeroQuad team getting involved in "our" hardware design. This will even provide more opportunities to use it on different platforms.

Which sensors do you plan for the IMU?
As you know, AQ already supports all the sensors that the FFIMU uses, but does so via BOB's from Sparkfun, it's always good to see how other implement the same functions and to verify against our sources the functionality - hence why I have 2 of the FFIMU's and 2 FLYDUINO's headed my way

See Ala42's post above for the ARM platform.

In parallel, I'm also playing with an idea to create a dedicated AHRS/Fusion engine/with GPS. That led to the conversation with Paul about pin dimensions.

The ARM platform will use the following sensors.
itg-3200
bma-180
bmp-085 or MPS series (footprints for both option)
hmc-5883l

Were getting very close to pulling the trigger on a proof of concept prototype run and Ala42 has done a fabulous job of getting us to a starting software point. Still a long way to go, and not about to say it's ready for prime time, but it's always fun to have stuff in the pipeline.
aadamson is offline Find More Posts by aadamson
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2011, 11:26 AM
Registered User
Gaza07's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Nov 2002
814 Posts
Just received my flyduino board today and finished fitting all the pin headers and very nice it looks too, now I need to know the procedure for loading the pirate firmware do I need to upload a bootloader via ISP or is there a bootloader already on it, and then do I use the FTDI to upload the firmware / code,
I have Arduino 0022 installed and have copied the mega pirate libraries across and the mega pirate b3 compiles ok
Gaza07 is offline Find More Posts by Gaza07
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2011, 11:59 AM
Registered User
thnilsen's Avatar
Norway, Hordaland, Os
Joined Nov 2004
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaza07 View Post
Just received my flyduino board today and finished fitting all the pin headers and very nice it looks too, now I need to know the procedure for loading the pirate firmware do I need to upload a bootloader via ISP or is there a bootloader already on it, and then do I use the FTDI to upload the firmware / code,
I have Arduino 0022 installed and have copied the mega pirate libraries across and the mega pirate b3 compiles ok
Just hook up the FTDI board to the flyduino and your PC and you should be able to upload the code via Arduino 0022.

- Thomas
thnilsen is offline Find More Posts by thnilsen
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2011, 01:22 PM
Registered User
Goofy23's Avatar
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
thanks thomas exactly.
A bootloader is still on the flyduino, take your FTDI and burn the soft you want by the Arduino IDE.
Goofy23 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy23
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2011, 02:59 PM
OS Sponsor
kinderkram's Avatar
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,253 Posts
Thx ala42 & Aadamson

The new board is looking good! Will keep an eye on that project.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2011, 03:18 PM
Registered User
Gaza07's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Nov 2002
814 Posts
Thanks have uploaded to the board via FTDI with no problems, Is there a GUI for this firmware like used on the multiwii 1.7
thanks
Gary
Gaza07 is offline Find More Posts by Gaza07
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2011, 03:22 PM
OS Sponsor
kinderkram's Avatar
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaza07 View Post
Thanks have uploaded to the board via FTDI with no problems, Is there a GUI for this firmware like used on the multiwii 1.7
thanks
Gary
Yes, there is!

You can find all relevant info here and in the attachments:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post18244388

The APM Mission Planner will also be used as a CLI/GUI for setting up your copter.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2011, 04:08 PM
Registered User
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
edit
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Last edited by witespy; May 20, 2011 at 07:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2011, 05:03 PM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
JussiH's Avatar
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,672 Posts
Paul....

Spamming 5 different threads is not the way to go about this! I surely get the feeling you are trying to do more than just getting help for your failed mag!

If you got one with a failed mag, you will get it replaced or get a refund!

Jussi
JussiH is online now Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2011, 07:03 PM
Registered User
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
sorry.

I was just trying to see what everyone is doing. not everyone goes everywhere, just trying to get different options.

seemed like all valid places. only 3 places
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Last edited by witespy; May 20, 2011 at 07:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2011, 05:55 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2011
33 Posts
Hello all
First post here but I have read through this thread start to finish at least twice now and I think I have most things straight in my mind to allow me to build a quad based upon the Flyduino (along with the shield etc, when they are in stock) and the FFIMU.
The one thing I am not totally sure about is the gps. I am in the UK but think I need to purchase this from here www.ohararp.com. Do I also need to buy the breakout board or is this covered by Paul's gps bob?
I have to go to the States tomorrow, for work, and was thinking I would get it sent to me while I am there to save shipping.
Any advice or guidance is appreciated.
Regards
Mark
MarkM1964 is offline Find More Posts by MarkM1964
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2011, 06:22 AM
OS Sponsor
kinderkram's Avatar
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkM1964 View Post
Hello all
First post here but I have read through this thread start to finish at least twice now and I think I have most things straight in my mind to allow me to build a quad based upon the Flyduino (along with the shield etc, when they are in stock) and the FFIMU.
The one thing I am not totally sure about is the gps. I am in the UK but think I need to purchase this from here www.ohararp.com. Do I also need to buy the breakout board or is this covered by Paul's gps bob?
I have to go to the States tomorrow, for work, and was thinking I would get it sent to me while I am there to save shipping.
Any advice or guidance is appreciated.
Regards
Mark
Shipping costs from Oharp to EU is damn high.
You can use Paul's bob for the GPS. I do.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2011, 06:25 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
JussiH's Avatar
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
sorry.

I was just trying to see what everyone is doing. not everyone goes everywhere, just trying to get different options.

seemed like all valid places. only 3 places
OK....

How about that board....are you gonna send it back for a replacement?

Jussi
JussiH is online now Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old May 21, 2011, 08:58 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2010
180 Posts
Received my FFIMU today! Thanks! I ordered a GPS from Ryan Ohara too! I hope to get that to work too!
rvbcrs is offline Find More Posts by rvbcrs
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2011, 12:38 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2010
260 Posts
Hi, flyduino can run with 3s-4s directly to gn and in,right?(to be sure)
flye is offline Find More Posts by flye
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Please let me introduce myself jimaquo Dock Talk 7 Oct 27, 2010 02:27 AM
Let me introduce the DEMON!!!! (Transparent covering and eliptical wing!!!) modest-master Sport Planes 7 Aug 25, 2002 11:46 PM
Let me introduce Angelis 280/400, Benjamin, Zombi (ARFs) modest-master Parkflyers 17 Mar 14, 2002 01:20 PM
Let me introduce the "NIKE" modest-master Electric Sailplanes 3 Mar 07, 2002 05:20 AM