SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 19, 2011, 12:06 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2010
2,061 Posts
Paul,

Any chance of getting an eagle file of the hole placement only (not sure if the design is open hardware or not?).... I'm interesting in doing a plug in shield type board to mate directly to some of the pins?

if your design isn't open hardware, thats ok, if you could do a library or something with the outline and pin placement, that's all I need.

Thanks,
Alan
aadamson is offline Find More Posts by aadamson
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2011, 12:13 PM
Italia, Sicilia, Misterbianco
Joined May 2011
17 Posts
arrived yesterday! Thanks Paul!

Just one question ....
I order a FreeIMU 0.3.1 from Fabio Varesano, but it take some days before arriving.
In the meantime can i use Flyduino +WMP and a Nunchuk instead of BMA020?
EnryCorser is offline Find More Posts by EnryCorser
Old May 19, 2011, 12:34 PM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelnied View Post
Paul,

Any update on if/how to connect Spektrum satellites to the flyduino?
I read something earlier in this thread, but no final conclusion (at least not for me)!
This would require a lot less cables. Are there also any plans to provide a more detailed description on connections/setup for the beginner(s).
Let me up the stakes on that one.....

I will give a FF IMU to the person who comes up with a way to read Spektrum Sats into MultiWii and MegaPirates via serial into a Flyduino or Arduino Mega.

An absolute succes criterium is minimum 9 channels in....(I have a X9303)

Jussi
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old May 19, 2011, 01:03 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH View Post
Let me up the stakes on that one.....

I will give a FF IMU to the person who comes up with a way to read Spektrum Sats into MultiWii and MegaPirates via serial into a Flyduino or Arduino Mega.

An absolute succes criterium is minimum 9 channels in....(I have a X9303)

Jussi
Send it to Oleg. He will do.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old May 19, 2011, 01:28 PM
Joined Sep 2010
260 Posts
Hi,where can I get usb wire for flyduino?
flye is offline Find More Posts by flye
Old May 19, 2011, 01:35 PM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flye View Post
Hi,where can I get usb wire for flyduino?
f.e. there http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?rou...product_id=147

link edited
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
Last edited by alteskind; May 19, 2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old May 19, 2011, 01:42 PM
Joined Sep 2010
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteskind View Post
Thanks but your link don't work
flye is offline Find More Posts by flye
Old May 19, 2011, 02:24 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
EnryCorser, yes of course you can use it in the meantime.

There will be more documentation in future, but my to do list is still full with things and of course regular work involves a lot of time atm.

To burn multiwii soft you need a reglar 5V FTDI.
The PPM in can be achieved by switching motor 2 to 9 and ppm from 19 to 2.
I am working on a more comfortable solution.
Goofy23 is online now Find More Posts by Goofy23
Old May 19, 2011, 02:48 PM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flye View Post
Thanks but your link don't work
try this one http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?rou...product_id=147

same i am using with flyduino - works fine
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
Old May 19, 2011, 02:57 PM
Multicopter Addict
Southwest Minnesota
Joined Feb 2010
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadamson View Post
Paul,

Any chance of getting an eagle file of the hole placement only (not sure if the design is open hardware or not?).... I'm interesting in doing a plug in shield type board to mate directly to some of the pins?

if your design isn't open hardware, thats ok, if you could do a library or something with the outline and pin placement, that's all I need.

Thanks,
Alan
I'm curious as to why your goin around asking everyone for their eagle files on their projects. What are you doing with them?
braindead4554 is offline Find More Posts by braindead4554
Old May 19, 2011, 06:55 PM
Joined Sep 2010
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead4554 View Post
I'm curious as to why your goin around asking everyone for their eagle files on their projects. What are you doing with them?
I bet he is doing something weird, like learning something from them
itod is offline Find More Posts by itod
Old May 19, 2011, 07:51 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2010
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead4554 View Post
yeah, its curious isn't it... I buy the products and would like board level documentation... what a novel concept

Actually, what I'd like to do is design and 328P board to mate to this, one that might be a dedicated AHRS/sensor fusion/GPS board. In order to do that I'd like to make sure I have header spacing correct.

But Paul came to my rescue he and I are discussing directly in email... so who knows... maybe something will come of it.

He's explained that he's keeping his design non-open source for now, which I totally respect.

As my other request to Jussi which you may have seen as well...

We have an ARM board that we are toying with and I'd like to make sure that we do the sensor part of it right. There are a million different BOB sources that are open, but I really like Jussi's approach and it was open hardware so I figured I'd compare his to ours... Who knows if this project will materialize, but not bad to keep some stuff in the pipeline

No ill intentions, the last thing I need is to do hardware... I'm a software guy and the AQ guys have me pretty consumed at the moment with all the changes we've made to flight control and the AHRS.

Good things on the horizon there soon as well.

But thanks for asking

Alan
aadamson is offline Find More Posts by aadamson
Old May 19, 2011, 09:27 PM
Multicopter Addict
Southwest Minnesota
Joined Feb 2010
718 Posts
Quote:
yeah, its curious isn't it... I buy the products and would like board level documentation... what a novel concept

Actually, what I'd like to do is design and 328P board to mate to this, one that might be a dedicated AHRS/sensor fusion/GPS board. In order to do that I'd like to make sure I have header spacing correct.

But Paul came to my rescue he and I are discussing directly in email... so who knows... maybe something will come of it.

He's explained that he's keeping his design non-open source for now, which I totally respect.

As my other request to Jussi which you may have seen as well...

We have an ARM board that we are toying with and I'd like to make sure that we do the sensor part of it right. There are a million different BOB sources that are open, but I really like Jussi's approach and it was open hardware so I figured I'd compare his to ours... Who knows if this project will materialize, but not bad to keep some stuff in the pipeline

No ill intentions, the last thing I need is to do hardware... I'm a software guy and the AQ guys have me pretty consumed at the moment with all the changes we've made to flight control and the AHRS.

But thanks for asking

Alan
Again I was totally curious I just thought it was strange that I saw this in two different threads, so I had to ask to cure my curiousity. That is, after all, how I am able to learn alot. I hope and eagerly look forward to what you will be offering and bring to this wonderful hobby. I too look at board designs just to see how evewrything works together.
braindead4554 is offline Find More Posts by braindead4554
Old May 20, 2011, 03:12 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,225 Posts
Quote:

But thanks for asking

Alan
Good to see the AeroQuad team getting involved in "our" hardware design. This will even provide more opportunities to use it on different platforms.

Which sensors do you plan for the IMU?
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2011, 11:09 AM
Germany
Joined Jan 2011
227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Good to see the AeroQuad team getting involved in "our" hardware design. This will even provide more opportunities to use it on different platforms.

Which sensors do you plan for the IMU?
See http://aeroquad.com/showthread.php?3023-New-AQ-PCB for the details and http://aeroquad.com/showthread.php?3...ll=1#post28834 for a better rendered board image.
ala42 is offline Find More Posts by ala42