HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:50 PM
The Netherlands, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Mar 2008
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteturbo View Post
...Yep everthing is shifted 90 degrees anti clockwise(i think?) but i cant find any option to move it back. Im useless with changing the orientation code...
EDIT: Sorry, I was confusing your problem with someone else's who has they sensors upside down! The below is actually also somewhat true for your problem, but with 90 deg rotation (instead of inverting) you do(!) have to change ROLL to PITCH and vise versa and you might not have to change the values from neg to pos

If you have a look at def.h in your sketch (I assumed for the sake of it that the board below is actually the sensorboard you have), you'll find the 'normal' sensor orientation below. So let's say you've inverted the board, whilst keeping front pointing forward.
ACC measures roll on negative Y, GYRO measures roll on negative X. So two axes for different sensors, but as they are still the same place on the board, it'll still measure the same axis, but the wrong way up/round (or so I believe ).

If you'd put a dot on the right lower corner of the top-side of a cube, and you'd rotate the cube so top becomes bottom, the dot would be on the lower left of bottom. Or at least that is my way of thinking about sensor orientation.

That would mean roll axis would be positive now your board is upside down. Pitch would be negative for ACC, positive for Gyro. Yaw (Z value for both) would be negative on ACC, positive on gyro...

Please back-up your original code and test/verify in GUI before flight!!!

Code:
#if defined(DROTEK_6DOFv2)
  #define ITG3200
  #define BMA180
  #define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {accADC[ROLL]  = -Y; accADC[PITCH]  =  X; accADC[YAW]  =  Z;}
  #define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] = -X; gyroADC[PITCH] = -Y; gyroADC[YAW] = -Z;}
  #define ITG3200_ADDRESS 0X69
#endif
shufflez is offline Find More Posts by shufflez
Last edited by shufflez; Nov 20, 2012 at 02:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:20 AM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
Hello,

first, let me -shortly- introduce myself.
I started flying electric gliders when I was 14. With limited success. Years later I re-started with an EPP model, which is more tolerant to failures ;-) But my time was too limited. In the meantime I played around with an indoor Coax-Heli (these 100$ things) for a while, which was good fun.
Regarding programming, OSS, I have some exerience, not too much.
Also, I know what an UART, PWM and PID is, quite well. So, I have some prerequisites, I think.

I must admit, that I did not read all >3089 posts in this thread, but I did browse through all 255 pages searching for some keywords -without the answer I was searching for. So please allow the questions below, even if they might seem straight forward to you.

I bought the following components (ebay, used):
Code:
Flyduino MEGA Flight Controller CPU Board
Citrus-IMU V2.1 – 10DOF
Flydusense V1.2 Sensor Bob
Flyduino FMP04 GPS Bob
FMP04 GPS Modul
Together with motors, ESC, a frame and props to build a quad.
Due to the nature of this buy, I did not have the opportunity to select the parts myself -but on the bright side: I did not have to select them myself.

But now: What software do I use with it? The Manual of the Flyduino Mega speaks of the MultiWII, but browsing through the forums, I see, that Multi is somewhat lacking GPS features and is more made for manual flying. Well, I want to do both, so I don't know whether MultiWii is the right software.

Flyduino.net speaks of Ardupirates and -possibly in future Aeroquad as alternatives.

I've been searching over and over.. But I find little about Flyduino with these.
What I did find was a tutorial for flyduino with Megapirates.
But then, I see little activity at Megapirates google-site. On the contrary, I see MegapirateNG, which could be a successor ("NG"). But the website does not state this. Unfortunately it also does not say that is compatible with the flyduino -although in some forums, people seem to be reporting about this combination.

Could you please shed some light on this subject?

What Software is
  • usable with the flyduino
  • reccomended for just flying
  • recommended for waypoint navigation etc
  • reccommended for the combination
  • outdated and not further developed
  • in relation to what software (like Megapirates seems to be a fork of ardupirates)

Thanks a lot and merry christmas (to those of you, celebrating it ;-),
Hendrik
henfri is offline Find More Posts by henfri
Last edited by henfri; Dec 25, 2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:00 PM
Winterswijk, Netherlands
Joined Jun 2007
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henfri View Post
Hello,

But now: What software do I use with it? The Manual of the Flyduino Mega speaks of the MultiWII, but browsing through the forums, I see, that Multi is somewhat lacking GPS features and is more made for manual flying. Well, I want to do both, so I don't know whether MultiWii is the right software.

Flyduino.net speaks of Ardupirates and -possibly in future Aeroquad as alternatives.

I've been searching over and over.. But I find little about Flyduino with these.
What I did find was a tutorial for flyduino with Megapirates.
But then, I see little activity at Megapirates google-site. On the contrary, I see MegapirateNG, which could be a successor ("NG"). But the website does not state this. Unfortunately it also does not say that is compatible with the flyduino -although in some forums, people seem to be reporting about this combination.

Could you please shed some light on this subject?

What Software is
  • usable with the flyduino
  • reccomended for just flying
  • recommended for waypoint navigation etc
  • reccommended for the combination
  • outdated and not further developed
  • in relation to what software (like Megapirates seems to be a fork of ardupirates)

Thanks a lot and merry christmas (to those of you, celebrating it ;-),
Hendrik
Hi Hendrik

never used ardupirates, but very happy with multiwii

Seems like you've read up on some older posts for MultiWii.

Multiwii is very much alive, with regular updates almost daily (currently in winter it's a bit slower though).

the newest versions can do GPS navigation. Not waypoint navigation yet , but return to home (RTH) and position hold (PH) work very good.

also baro hold (elevation hold) is recently been improved, and is very good now....

have a look at http://www.multiwii.com/forum/

latest dev release (much further than 'official' 2.1) can be found at http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/source/list

perhaps useful to have a look at turtoiseSVN to get easy updates.
The download section http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/downloads/list
is a good starting point (upto R1240), but then use turtoiseSVN to update to the latest dev version... (r1297 as per this moment)
wilco1967 is online now Find More Posts by wilco1967
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:31 PM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
Thanks Wilco!
I will have a closer look.

Nevertheless: Can maybe someone try to shed some light on the other softwares?

Thanks&Regards,
Hendrik
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:40 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,199 Posts
You can use either MultiWii or MPNG which is a direct port of the ArduCopter2 code. ArduPirate and MegaPirate are discontinued...

MultiWii has only basic GPS functions but is much more stable from the start than MPNG.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:29 AM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
Hello,

thanks for your reply.
I could not see any hints that MPNG is compatible to the Flyduino Mega on their website. Nor could I find how to configure it. Is it straight forward, so that no documentation -besides source code comments- are neccessary, or did I miss some documentation?

Gre an den Rhein,
Hendrik
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:18 PM
Norway, Hordaland, Os
Joined Nov 2004
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henfri View Post
Hello,

thanks for your reply.
I could not see any hints that MPNG is compatible to the Flyduino Mega on their website. Nor could I find how to configure it. Is it straight forward, so that no documentation -besides source code comments- are neccessary, or did I miss some documentation?

Gre an den Rhein,
Hendrik
There's a good WIKI that covers the MegaPirateNG that can be found at http://code.google.com/p/megapirate/...roduction?tm=6

- Thomas
thnilsen is offline Find More Posts by thnilsen
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:17 PM
Joined Jul 2009
64 Posts
Quote:
This may be dumb question but Im curious if I can use Serial 0 as a 4th serial during flight.

Why?
  1. I have a u-Blox CN-06 GPS Receiver V2.0, from rctimer which I will use on serial 3
  2. I have a FRSKY D8R-XP- 8 CHANNEL RECEIVER W/ TELEMETRY, RSSI, & CPPM I would like to use on Serial 2 with PPM (not necessary but trying to reduce the wire mess) from aloft hobbies. I know about the stock PPM issues with the timing and know there is a new firmwire for the rx I will load if I can use all this as I hope.
  3. I have a minimOSD from hobbyking that I plan to use with it all for OSD telemetry from flyduino as discussed here on multiwii forums. This I would like to use on the Serial 0 port if I can, if not then I will use it on the Serial 2 port and use PWM instead of PPM from RX.
  4. I also want to port the telemetry data to RX and will install a bluethooth adapter to my TX to show telemetry data in Multiwii EZ for android, why do I want telemetry data 2 places? Well I plan to mount my phone to TX and also use alerts, Im not always gonna stare at screen when flying. You can find more info on this on multiwii forums here.

Yeah its an ambitious build, especially since its my first quad. I know that I will have to add some code and most of the links I have provided show a lot on how to do it. Some features maybe in the next release of Multiwii but we will see.

I started a website on my build and plan to update it soon, probably this weekend and will provide wiring diagrams, photos and videos in the future as I get all this working.

Any help is appreciated, and I thank you in advance.

Thanks to RadigUli on Multiwii forums who has presented a great fix for PPM on to pin A8 or throttle channel. We no longer have to use a serial port to input ppm controls on the Flyduino Mega (or any mega based controller), his code is implimented in the latest Dev Build r1240. I have been bench testing this and all seems to working great.

Still a little curious if you can actually use Serial 0 on this board in flight but now its not necessary for my build.
weldmonkey is offline Find More Posts by weldmonkey
Last edited by weldmonkey; Jan 04, 2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: New Solution to this problem has been provided
Old Jan 05, 2013, 03:21 PM
Joined Jul 2009
64 Posts
So far things are looking great on my build!

I got the PPM Sum working great on the A8 pin, my GY-86 is working great and accurate and the GPS module I got from rctimer, has great accuracy even indoors, 10-12 satellite connections in my living room! Also the new Dev version configures the GPS automatically! EEProm and battery on V2 is great!

Still waiting on my 5.8 FPV equipment from FoxTechFPV which I will use with the minimOSD from hobbyking (also still waiting on), I will hook these up to my Gopro 3 for the FPV, FoxTech just came out with a cable for the new GoPro to power it and have video for FPV.

Also updated some info on my website and added some photos to my gallery.

I am still waiting on a few more pieces to finish up the Bluetooth to FrSky, so I can output telemetry info from multiwii to my phone or computer from my Controller. In addition to on the OSD.

Still much to do and calibrate but things are getting there. The learning curve has been steep but I have been having fun learning it all and achieving my build goals.

Also want to thank all you guys for your posts, additions to code, Paul for his Flyduino Mega, I still think its one of the best boards on the market even a year after I got it!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:28 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubibubi View Post
This time my FlyduSpider, for an original 8" propeller model next to a pimped for 10 inch propeller.

The larger model has a detachable mount GoPro. There were renewed only in accordance with the arms, thus not affecting the front surface and a camera I can top touched down. the regulator I have arranged in another plane, thus there is a frame from 3 plates.

10 inch spider, Premium 18A ESC, KDA 20-26M, 3S2200 LiPo, Flyduino FC v1.0 + Jussi 9DOF IMU 1.22L.
8 inch Spider: Keda ESC 12A, KDA 20-26M, 3S2200mAh, FC: Paris v3 9DOF 1.22L IMU or Flyduino with JussiH IMU
Soft is the current version v1.8 on it

Attachment 4209811Attachment 4209813Attachment 4209812

hubibubi
hello
I find this idea very well flydusipder 10inch
I ask several questions:
What are the lengths of the arms?
Should modify the original frame?
cordially
deusyv is offline Find More Posts by deusyv
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:35 PM
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined Feb 2012
68 Posts
Hi guys I was wondering if anyone could identify this IMU I have as I need to get a diagram for it to use with the Flydiuno mega
Thanks in advance Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359484540.959717.jpg
Views: 143
Size: 75.7 KB
Description:
MonkeysPunk is offline Find More Posts by MonkeysPunk
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:25 PM
Joined Jul 2009
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeysPunk View Post
Hi guys I was wondering if anyone could identify this IMU I have as I need to get a diagram for it to use with the Flydiuno mega
Thanks in advance Attachment 5491396
Ok it looks like a 10DOF IMU ITG3050 HMC5883L BMA180 BMP085 SENSOR BOARD 5V LLC from CSGshop.com..They dont offer a lot of into on their site.

Here is a post on it on RCGroups #732-733

Not 100% but this looks like the diagram for it: http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...611_Pinout.jpg

Thats just what I can find in a google search real quick for ya...
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:29 AM
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts
Sorry wrong thread
Joey Deacon is offline Find More Posts by Joey Deacon
Last edited by Joey Deacon; Jan 30, 2013 at 02:14 AM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:32 AM
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined Feb 2012
68 Posts
Thanks for that. I managed to find the same drawing. That's all the info I could find also. Got it compiled and Megapirate loaded but can't seem to connect for some reason. Arduino says upload complete so I assume its on there ok.
MonkeysPunk is offline Find More Posts by MonkeysPunk
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:26 PM
Joined Jul 2009
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeysPunk View Post
Thanks for that. I managed to find the same drawing. That's all the info I could find also. Got it compiled and Megapirate loaded but can't seem to connect for some reason. Arduino says upload complete so I assume its on there ok.
Not familiar with MegaPirate per say, but I know it doesnt have the same sensor compatability range as Multiwii. but even so I couldnt tell you which one you need to turn on in the code for this one.