HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2012, 06:03 PM
let's brm together!
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Nov 2011
390 Posts
It's the same here.
You're not one of them if you don't spend most of your time assembling wooden sticks together and using epoxy as a deodorant. I asked at the local rc club and was told it was for "real" rc planes and helis and not for toys. I feel bad for them. Pun intended :P
zviratko is offline Find More Posts by zviratko
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2012, 07:17 PM
België, Vlaams Gewest, Evergem
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zviratko View Post
It's the same here.
You're not one of them if you don't spend most of your time assembling wooden sticks together and using epoxy as a deodorant. I asked at the local rc club and was told it was for "real" rc planes and helis and not for toys. I feel bad for them. Pun intended :P
I know this convo is a bit off topic, but shouldn't be that worse.

They said quadcopter's aren't real rc planes / heli's ? What... Can't... Quads are way faster + you can do so much more things with it :/
Jessestr is offline Find More Posts by Jessestr
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:10 AM
It wasn't me
Augsburg, Germany
Joined Mar 2010
428 Posts
Jesse, compared to a helicopter a multicopter is a toy. I fly both of them and I'm pretty sure, if I give you a helicopter, you will crash it in the first minute.

Multicopters are much easier to fly, even without ACC. Maybe you should search on Youtube for 3D cracks like Bert Kammerer or Jason Krause: With a heli you can do at least 10 times more aerobatic figures, if you have the experience and courage. And a helicopter can be much faster.

The reason why I am flying aerobatics with multicopters but not with my helicopters is, that I simply lack the skills and that I'm afraid of the high costs of a helicopter crash.
r0sewhite is offline Find More Posts by r0sewhite
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:23 AM
let's brm together!
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Nov 2011
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0sewhite View Post
The reason why I am flying aerobatics with multicopters but not with my helicopters is, that I simply lack the skills and that I'm afraid of the high costs of a helicopter crash.
+1 on that, brother but I'm afraid of acrobatics on my hexa too. I'll have to build something smaller for flipping...
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:36 AM
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
Quote:
Jesse, compared to a helicopter a multicopter is a toy. I fly both of them and I'm pretty sure, if I give you a helicopter, you will crash it in the first minute.

Multicopters are much easier to fly, even without ACC. Maybe you should search on Youtube for 3D cracks like Bert Kammerer or Jason Krause: With a heli you can do at least 10 times more aerobatic figures, if you have the experience and courage. And a helicopter can be much faster.

Thats a good point. A heli is harder to fly but I wouldnt call it a toy. Sound rude. It's just something different. But ur right. But I think quads can have way more power Ith good gear.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:50 AM
It wasn't me
Augsburg, Germany
Joined Mar 2010
428 Posts
No, I build my quads with the best motors I can get (mostly Hacker) but they're still not faster than my helicopters. Watch this to see what a heli with "a little more power" can do: http://www.modellhelinews.de/2010/07...-masters-2010/

And now back to topic...
r0sewhite is offline Find More Posts by r0sewhite
Old Jan 15, 2012, 08:23 AM
Able to learn fly
Deutschland, BY, München
Joined Aug 2011
28 Posts
Flyduspider XL with 10" props

Hi there,

I've build a Flyduspider with 10" props. I call it Flyduspider XL.
It's the original Flyduspider frame but with longer arms.
You can build such a spider too, I've uploaded the blueprint with the new arm lenght.

Setup:

Motor: Robbe ROXXY BL-Outrunner 2824-34
ESC: Hobbywing Flyfun 12A
Frame: Flyduspider from Paul
Arms: 10mm round tubes Alu
Props: 10x4,5 from Paul
Rx/Tx: FrSky D8RSP
Galumbo is offline Find More Posts by Galumbo
Old Jan 15, 2012, 08:30 AM
Chile, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Stgo
Joined Apr 2011
54 Posts
Hi paul!

Do you know the ETA of the flyduino mega on your store?? Thanks!!!!
celulari is online now Find More Posts by celulari
Old Jan 15, 2012, 09:43 AM
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
Quote:
No, I build my quads with the best motors I can get (mostly Hacker) but they're still not faster than my helicopters. Watch this to see what a heli with "a little more power" can do: http://www.modellhelinews.de/2010/07...-masters-2010/

And now back to topic...
Seems very very dangerous. Saw these things before. It's really nice and very difficult. No doubt!

But personally, I don't like the style of a heli in that way. It's my opinion, I'm not saying it is not nice! It's just, for me a quad doing acro seems much nicer and smoother than this. For me it is like a bee or a fly, that is annoyed and flies in every direction it can. That's not a rude comment. That's just the style of a heli acro.

It's just a personal opinion. And about the fact that they are more powerful. Nothing that we can do about it, other than building a very powerful quad.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:36 PM
let's brm together!
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Nov 2011
390 Posts
We can build a gas powered quad! But it will be heavy and large - 20-30kg? We can still command it with flyduino - instead of PWM for motors, it will be driving the collectives on the individual rotors...

And compared to LiPo - it will burn longer!
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:39 PM
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
Quote:

And now back to topic...
Quote:
We can build a gas powered quad! But it will be heavy and large - 20-30kg? We can still command it with flyduino - instead of PWM for motors, it will be driving the collectives on the individual rotors...

And compared to LiPo - it will burn longer!
or a Jet Engine Quad Hahah
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:49 PM
let's brm together!
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Nov 2011
390 Posts
we can build whatever we want, but what's the point? I'd like to see him crash that heli nose down into ground from 10m and have it repaired in under one hour...that's why I like mine
Old Jan 15, 2012, 02:08 PM
Bielefeld, Germany
Joined Jul 2008
27 Posts
Quote:
we can build whatever we want, but what's the point? I'd like to see him crash that heli nose down into ground from 10m and have it repaired in under one hour...that's why I like mine
It's not a nose down crash, but it comes close
And I would guess he don't need to repair it, he just take a new one...

Tareq at our field (5 min 31 sec)

Tareq at our field (4 min 1 sec)

well, the second one was material fault, but probably due to heavy abuse
serpent46 is offline Find More Posts by serpent46
Old Jan 15, 2012, 02:40 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpent46 View Post
It's not a nose down crash, but it comes close
And I would guess he don't need to repair it, he just take a new one...
Maybe I'm too old for this but can't watch this 3Dzipzapwooshzoink for longer than 1 minute.

To stay OT: your Fliewatüüt avatar brings back memories from my childhood.
But I can only recall some smooth hovering by Robbi & Tobbi - no 3D.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2012, 04:48 PM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
Did you see the Guy picking up the bits after the first crash? He didnt look as happy as the rest. I recon it was his heli

Heli's are brilliant, or at least i think mine are, until they crash and it costs a weeks money to repair. So i prefer flying my Quads, it looks like i know what i am doing and even big crashes only cost a prop or two and a bit of epoxy.

Ray
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo