Old Jan 09, 2012, 04:32 PM
LoS sUAS AP/V is not a crime.
Grass Valley, CA
Joined Feb 2008
378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post
BTW
Flyduino Mega should be back in stock this week.
Great. I would like to upgrade to Flyduino.
Do they ship to the USA?
W,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, is offline Find More Posts by W,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 04:59 PM
BelgiŽ, Vlaams Gewest, Evergem
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Young View Post
Great. I would like to upgrade to Flyduino.
Do they ship to the USA?

Estimate shipping costs to United States, Postal code 10001
unregistred Airmail 4,90 Ä
Registred Airmail 10,00 Ä

Used the flyduino site to calculate. It's the same as the others..
Good choice !
Jessestr is offline Find More Posts by Jessestr
Old Jan 09, 2012, 05:10 PM
If it flies, I will crash it
USA, CO, Westminster
Joined Jan 2008
2,999 Posts
Paul does ship to the US and it is reasonable and fairly quick. I have been pretty happy so far anyway.

Rob...
mxspode is offline Find More Posts by mxspode
Old Jan 09, 2012, 05:33 PM
LoS sUAS AP/V is not a crime.
Grass Valley, CA
Joined Feb 2008
378 Posts
Nice! Thank you.
I found the site and been taking notes.
Looking at wires and standoffs too.
Looks like it comes with 3x40 pins. Anyone use right angle pins too?
W,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, is offline Find More Posts by W,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old Jan 09, 2012, 06:18 PM
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Young View Post
Nice! Thank you.
I found the site and been taking notes.
Looking at wires and standoffs too.
Looks like it comes with 3x40 pins. Anyone use right angle pins too?
I didn't use right angled, altho I bought them. It's always good if you have some spare, see what you like the most. If I should redo it I would use right angled..
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:32 PM
let's brm together!
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Nov 2011
390 Posts
is it offloading the calculations or just a different sensor? I like the way they went with ardupilot board...
zviratko is offline Find More Posts by zviratko
Old Jan 12, 2012, 07:15 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zviratko View Post
is it offloading the calculations or just a different sensor? I like the way they went with ardupilot board...
Ummm ... what?
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:40 AM
let's brm together!
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Nov 2011
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Ummm ... what?
new APM board (purple) doesn't use the sensors directly, but uses offloading to the new MPU, so it is in fact two controllers talking together, one doing the inertia calculations and the other one doing the frontend stuff like controlling ESCs. I haven't looked into it further but it helps the CPU with the work (and I assume since it is a dedicated circuit it will do this better and it can do this faster).
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:34 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zviratko View Post
new APM board (purple) doesn't use the sensors directly, but uses offloading to the new MPU, so it is in fact two controllers talking together, one doing the inertia calculations and the other one doing the frontend stuff like controlling ESCs. I haven't looked into it further but it helps the CPU with the work (and I assume since it is a dedicated circuit it will do this better and it can do this faster).
Ah, ok.
The new APM uses the Invensense 6000 which does the sensor fusion through its DMP thus freeing the main processor from calculations.
I'm not aware if any other code makes use of this. The ATMega Flyduino does all the number crunching with the values from the sensors directly through I2C.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:42 PM
Fabio Varesano
Torino, Italy
Joined Jan 2011
419 Posts
That itsn't true. At the moment there is not any publicly available documentation allowing a developer to implement the DMP of MPU6050 or MPU6000. So, they can't offload a thing.
fax8 is offline Find More Posts by fax8
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:26 PM
United States, TN, Brentwood
Joined Oct 2010
555 Posts
I have apparently 'burned out' my second Flyduino.

I was setting up my TX so that the numbers would all hit "1095/1500/1905". I think I powered the board through both a battery and also from the FTDI connector.

I was ALMOST done with all setup, and all of a sudden things started going screwy, but I did not know what. Well, what happened was I burned out both my FTDI programmer and my Flyduino. I found that the voltage regulator on the flyduino was quite hot, but no smoke.

Now even with a new, working FTDI programmer, my flyduino is 'dead'. When connected to the new FTDI programmer, only the green "ON" LED and the red "RST" LED come on.

The board will not accept programming through arduino, and no lights flash (that is, there is no indication of communication from the board.)

Is this a common problem which can normally be fixed by replacing one of the smd parts on the board? How can I be so unlucky to have cooked two of them without ever flying one of them?
DroneBuilder is offline Find More Posts by DroneBuilder
Old Jan 14, 2012, 02:19 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fax8 View Post
That itsn't true. At the moment there is not any publicly available documentation allowing a developer to implement the DMP of MPU6050 or MPU6000. So, they can't offload a thing.
Ok, I stand corrected.
Now I know that none of the available code bases makes use of the dmp.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2012, 06:00 AM
let's brm together!
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Nov 2011
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroneBuilder View Post
I have apparently 'burned out' my second Flyduino.

I was setting up my TX so that the numbers would all hit "1095/1500/1905". I think I powered the board through both a battery and also from the FTDI connector.

I was ALMOST done with all setup, and all of a sudden things started going screwy, but I did not know what. Well, what happened was I burned out both my FTDI programmer and my Flyduino. I found that the voltage regulator on the flyduino was quite hot, but no smoke.

Now even with a new, working FTDI programmer, my flyduino is 'dead'. When connected to the new FTDI programmer, only the green "ON" LED and the red "RST" LED come on.

The board will not accept programming through arduino, and no lights flash (that is, there is no indication of communication from the board.)

Is this a common problem which can normally be fixed by replacing one of the smd parts on the board? How can I be so unlucky to have cooked two of them without ever flying one of them?
I do this all the time and it didn't burn (not for this reason). Are you sure one of the battery lines didn touch something else?
I had the EXACT SAME THING happen to me, but in my case it was a solder on flyduspider touching the board from the bottom - exactly where the RX lines are. Receiver went crazy, then some magic smoke and everything on my 5V line burned (rx, sensors). I was touching/rearranging the RX lines because I also had mixed channels and that made it bump into the solder.

Btw if you only burned the regulator, you should still be able to power flyduino through either FTDI or the external BEC input on the bottom. Can you post a photo of your connections? I really don't think it was cause by dual power...
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:11 AM
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
Great, just screwed up my centerplates (the distribution part). I was going to resolder something that my uncle soldered on it. It wouldn't come of easily so I pulled the wire while I was heating the element and the first layer of the board peeled of. That's not cool :/
Old Jan 14, 2012, 12:04 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessestr View Post
Great, just screwed up my centerplates (the distribution part). I was going to resolder something that my uncle soldered on it. It wouldn't come of easily so I pulled the wire while I was heating the element and the first layer of the board peeled of. That's not cool :/
Just pick it up from another solder pad using a wire - no big deal...
RCG Plus Member