SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 31, 2011, 02:05 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
sorry guys, i had been a bit busy, really apreciate your help here.
The 1.9 is pretty untested from my side till now (what a shame), still on 1.8patch2 on my actual Flydumini, and there si nothing wrong with it, abosultely, the contrary is the case, its perfect.

M_44, your issue is simply a weight power ratio issue i guess, paired with some vibrations maybe.
Lighter Lipo, 3s will also fix it maybe, dont know you exact config, sry, but there are plenty of real good ones.
The 2bladed are unusable unballanced, needs heavy ballancing.
The good news, is i will get the Propellers on 2 or 3rd, when the post is working again.
I had some for testing, tested them on different setups, nice ones, no ballancing was needed and also no drilling (adaptors are included).
Happy New Year to all you Guys!
Goofy23 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy23
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2011, 09:52 PM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexinparis View Post
Hi,
with 1.9, could you try to:

- power your BMA+WMP not via D12, but directly via +5V
and after by order if it doesn't work:
1) remove your pullups
2) keep your pullups
3) activate internal pullups
debug2 values should not increase while running

(I've personally a working 1.9 config with flydumini + WMP + BMA020)

my flydumini works fine with 1.9 config + WMP (as itg3205) + BMA020

think the biggest prob for these small copters are vibrations from unbalanced motors or props.
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:30 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magomora View Post
OK, i hope i got you right.
Every time before flight, i have to recalibrate the gyros with sticks on RC
( Throttle: bottom left and Pitch/Nick: bottom/back ?

And a second question: has the copter to be just stand still
or has it to be leveled as well?
for the gyro cal it just needs to be still
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Jan 01, 2012, 07:32 AM
try to fly
Germany, MV, Rostock
Joined Dec 2011
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0sewhite View Post
You guess wrong. Take a closer look at the Flydusense: On the other side you find a square marked as "FreeIMU" for example. The Flydusense provides 3.3V and 5V and straight I≤C connection so you can not even put a WMP and BMA or a FreeIMU on it. You can put almost any sensor or IMU on it.

It's obvious that you don't know much about Multiwii, sensors or the Flyduino. That's okay because we all started like that once ago. But do yourself a favor and learn a little about that before you think you know what to improve. Please don't get me wrong: I don't want to blame you in any way, it's just an advice.

And btw: A WMP+BMA connected to a MEGA board like the Flyduino is casting pearls before the swine. But this is only my personal mind.
Happy new year to everyone.

Hello r0sewhite,
I also soldered the pullups, drekavac Thank you for the tip, but it does not work. Still the same problem, no display in the Multiwii.conf.

After I read the last pages, I think would be the best sensor one allinone? Or is that not right? I am working so gradually into this matter.

greetings
Bernd
Krasi is offline Find More Posts by Krasi
Old Jan 01, 2012, 07:47 AM
Joined Dec 2011
21 Posts
addendum to #3065:
Yesterday was perfect to test the mini outdoor.
Flydumini 01 (4 min 0 sec)
magomora is offline Find More Posts by magomora
Last edited by magomora; Jan 04, 2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 04:27 PM
BelgiŽ, Vlaams Gewest, Evergem
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drekavac View Post
Jessestr, no prob, I'm glad if I can help.

r0sewhite, when I soldered pullup resistors, the errors are gone.
So I corrected the problem, not just cover it with version 1.8. Get my point?
Quote:
You guess wrong. Take a closer look at the Flydusense: On the other side you find a square marked as "FreeIMU" for example. The Flydusense provides 3.3V and 5V and straight I≤C connection so you can not even put a WMP and BMA or a FreeIMU on it. You can put almost any sensor or IMU on it.

It's obvious that you don't know much about Multiwii, sensors or the Flyduino. That's okay because we all started like that once ago. But do yourself a favor and learn a little about that before you think you know what to improve. Please don't get me wrong: I don't want to blame you in any way, it's just an advice.

And btw: A WMP+BMA connected to a MEGA board like the Flyduino is casting pearls before the swine. But this is only my personal mind.

Ahh it's okay Yes I'm new.. And it's obvious when you are new that you make mistakes but I learn from it .. And, yes, I know you can attach a freeimu on it, but there's not really a store here where I can get one, because I don't like to order from china or something. (I live in Belgium.. maybe if you know a good store..)

Anyways, do you have a few gyro's / acceleros / mag /bar boards that are good or a 9DOF or something.. ? I'd like to upgrade my sensors first, since I got really good motors I think..

I use these: (nice flying skills warthox )
Warthox flying with Suppo 2012/13 @ Vimeo

I'll use a 3S 3000 mAh 40C battery.

To all: Happy new year
Jessestr is offline Find More Posts by Jessestr
Last edited by Jessestr; Jan 01, 2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 04:44 PM
Deutschland
Joined Nov 2011
198 Posts
http://flyduino.net/Atmel-9DOF-IMU-ATAVRSBIN1_1 :-)

Quote:
Description
Atmel AVR 9DOF Inertial Sensor Board 1
Magnetometer AKM AK8975
ACC Bosch BMA150
Gyro ITG3200
Fits Divide et Impera and Flydusense V2
zerosight is offline Find More Posts by zerosight
Old Jan 01, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosight View Post
Okay, didn't knew they had them. Pricy tho! Will be for later, when I got this working !

What does a magnetometer actually do for a quad. I know what it does, but what does it do for the quad?

Thanks
Old Jan 01, 2012, 05:08 PM
It wasn't me
Augsburg, Germany
Joined Mar 2010
428 Posts
Okay guys, I just finished my MultiWii Sensors Compendium. Though most of you probably don't speak German, it could still help in some cases. At least you will be able to understand the pinout pictures as well as the code which has to get edited:

http://www.microcopters.de/artikel/d...sor-kompendium.

Saying it has been finished is not really the truth because there are still some sensors/IMUs missing that I haven't had in my hands yet. But I will surely get more/other sensors in the future, so I can add their desciption and complete the compendium. After this is done, I only have to keep it up to date by adding new released sensors.

EDIT: A mag work like a ACC but in a much smoother way. If you depend on stabilization while flying with a camera for example, a mag is the better choice because it doesn't correct the quad's position with rough movements.
r0sewhite is offline Find More Posts by r0sewhite
Old Jan 01, 2012, 05:15 PM
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
Quote:
Okay guys, I just finished my MultiWii Sensors Compendium. Though most of you probably don't speak German, it could still help in some cases. At least you will be able to understand the pinout pictures as well as the code which has to get edited:

http://www.microcopters.de/artikel/d...sor-kompendium.

Saying it has been finished is not really the truth because there are still some sensors/IMUs missing that I haven't had in my hands yet. But I will surely get more/other sensors in the future, so I can add their desciption and complete the compendium. After this is done, I only have to keep it up to date by adding new released sensors.

EDIT: A mag work like a ACC but in a much smoother way. If you depend on stabilization while flying with a camera for example, a mag is the better choice because it doesn't correct the quad's position with rough movements.
Nice compendium, it's easy for me to understand, looks like dutch (Belgium)

And oh, thats nice, well I don't really want to make a UAV to spy with a camera, more aerobatics. I'm using an accelerometer for learning how to fly. I'll disable it when I feel I'm getting good at it.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 05:28 PM
It wasn't me
Augsburg, Germany
Joined Mar 2010
428 Posts
Then the 6DOF IMU from www.drotek.fr could maybe the right choice for you. It's a tiny board with a ITG3200 gyro and a BMA180 ACC. The price is very good for such a nice pair of sensors. If you have a board which supplies 3.3V, you don't need any other parts like LLC. Just 4 wires to solder and that's it.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
Quote:
Then the 6DOF IMU from www.drotek.fr could maybe the right choice for you. It's a tiny board with a ITG3200 gyro and a BMA180 ACC. The price is very good for such a nice pair of sensors. If you have a board which supplies 3.3V, you don't need any other parts like LLC. Just 4 wires to solder and that's it.
Yes I can add a 3.3V power source to my flyduino board so.. But can I disable the accelero from the 6DOF? If I want to use only gyro or something?

Saw this one on your blog, what IMU is it?:
http://www.microcopters.de/photos/93/dsc-0778.jpg
Last edited by Jessestr; Jan 01, 2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 06:41 PM
It wasn't me
Augsburg, Germany
Joined Mar 2010
428 Posts
Yes, of course. You can always use the channels 5 and 6 from your radio to switch sensors or sensor combinations on and off. Except the Gyro
Old Jan 01, 2012, 06:46 PM
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
Quote:
Yes, of course. You can always use the channels 5 and 6 from your radio to switch sensors or sensor combinations on and off. Except the Gyro
Alright, well. Since I have some troubles with the WM+ and BMA020, which I will use in the beginning, I do want to look already for a better gyro, accelero , 6dof or even maybe 9 dof..

The 6DOF Drotek seems nice to me. Btw, if I search on buying free imu, I can only find how to make one yourself on his blog. Anyone knows where to buy freeimu's?

Update: I tried viacopter.eu but site is offline?
Last edited by Jessestr; Jan 01, 2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2012, 04:00 AM
Slovenia
Joined Oct 2010
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessestr View Post
Alright, well. Since I have some troubles with the WM+ and BMA020, which I will use in the beginning, I do want to look already for a better gyro, accelero , 6dof or even maybe 9 dof..

The 6DOF Drotek seems nice to me. Btw, if I search on buying free imu, I can only find how to make one yourself on his blog. Anyone knows where to buy freeimu's?

Update: I tried viacopter.eu but site is offline?
here you have:

http://www.drotek.fr/shop/en/
capo is offline Find More Posts by capo