SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 05, 2011, 02:41 AM
QuaDreko pilot :)
Slovenia, Kamnik
Joined Oct 2010
116 Posts
Yes, two pull-up resistors are needed.
From 5V to SCL and again from 5V to SDA.
I soldered it to the back of the Flydumini, on the contacts where you connect Wii motion plus.

I will post photos when I came home from work.
Drekavac is online now Find More Posts by Drekavac
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2011, 04:00 AM
Holland
Joined Apr 2010
83 Posts
Uhm...that could help too but, I dissable pullups in software and have no i2c errors in multiwii version 1.9, so as i stated (with pictures) Andrea's connection is wrong.
Found more extra proof, my old WMP+ is exactly the same as Andrea's and is soldered with the second pad to the 3V connection. . Paul i think you have to correct the first page picture...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drekavac View Post
Yes, two pull-up resistors are needed.
From 5V to SCL and again from 5V to SDA.
I soldered it to the back of the Flydumini, on the contacts where you connect Wii motion plus.

I will post photos when I came home from work.
quadraf is offline Find More Posts by quadraf
Last edited by quadraf; Dec 05, 2011 at 04:06 AM.
Old Dec 05, 2011, 04:45 AM
Joined Aug 2011
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadraf View Post
Andrea's connection is wrong.
Found more extra proof, my old WMP+ is exactly the same as Andrea's and is soldered with the second pad to the 3V connection. . Paul i think you have to correct the first page picture...
You are right I remake the solder on the pad you indicate to me and now everything is ok.
THANK YOU!! , I passed last week trying to find a solution !!
Andrea
claustro is offline Find More Posts by claustro
Old Dec 05, 2011, 04:49 AM
Holland
Joined Apr 2010
83 Posts
I am glad i could help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustro View Post
You are right I remake the solder on the pad you indicate to me and now everything is ok.
THANK YOU!! , I passed last week trying to find a solution !!
Andrea
quadraf is offline Find More Posts by quadraf
Old Dec 05, 2011, 07:11 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drekavac View Post
In case of using Wii plus and BMA020 it is needed to add two 4k7 resistors for version 1.9 to work.
I spend many hours searching for problem, and then find out, that all I need is two resistors.
_Especially on 1.9?
Normally the BMA carry 10k Pullups on 5V, if you enable the soft ones too, you get about 5k, which should be pretty good for the I2C signal.
I dont really understand why you needed a additional pullup pair to get it working?
Goofy23 is online now Find More Posts by Goofy23
Old Dec 05, 2011, 07:49 AM
QuaDreko pilot :)
Slovenia, Kamnik
Joined Oct 2010
116 Posts
I don't know, I'm not an electronic, but this works for me (and now working with or without soft pull-ups).
All things that I try before, didn't work.
Drekavac is online now Find More Posts by Drekavac
Old Dec 05, 2011, 08:24 AM
Joined Sep 2011
8 Posts
Hey.

I was able to upgrade from 1.8 to 1.9 without any problems. I am using the Flyduino 2.1 and the Flydusense V2 with WMP and BMA020. On the Flydusens I have installed all Pullup resistors (although I am not using the 3.3V at the moment).
The pullups for the atmega are disabled in the sketch.
So until know nothing special. The difference in my setup is that I use 5 Volt power suply for the WMP.
Maybe this helps someone out.
hcv440 is offline Find More Posts by hcv440
Old Dec 05, 2011, 09:58 AM
Joined Dec 2008
120 Posts
Hu Guys,

i've created a small sketch for helping setting up my quads

It only forwards the receiver input directly to the ESCs. you can interate through all motors with the roll stick. It starts with all motors active then you can cycle each motor through with a tick to the right or left.

Personally i use this on my flydumini to program the way of the receivers (you know they are already soldered on and it's difficult if you forgor to this this afterwards)

i also use it or testing for vibrations. i can cycle through all motors and identify this way vibrations per motor.

Beware. i do not take any responsibility for that. It's m first arduini project so it might not be perfect but at least it works with my flydumini setup.

I know it's currently not supporting single PPM input. once i get a PPM single channel receiver into my hands i can extend that.

Let me know what you think.

You can download the sketch here:
MultiESCProgrammer

it's currently setup to be used on a flydumini with a arduino pro mini. Different configurations might follow. If you figured out your own widley used configuration please let me know and i add it to the sketch.

btw the serial output is active at 115200 baud, shows only the currently active motor when you cycle through.

Treeda
treeda is offline Find More Posts by treeda
Old Dec 05, 2011, 03:39 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
Single motor testing is a great feature, very nice.
Thanks, will test it.
Old Dec 05, 2011, 04:15 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
Have the FMP04 module now in Stock.
You need for the GPS feature, a Mega a GPS cable and a FMP04 module.
Old Dec 05, 2011, 04:41 PM
Deutschland
Joined Jul 2011
90 Posts
I'm also building a flydumini and I try to use the ppm with my HK T6A V2 receiver on channel 7 (battery and binding channel), the receiver is already binded and I uncommented the second ppm sum signal line in the MWC 1.9 code but no GUI signals from the receiver. As transmitter I use a EURGLE with latest er9x firmware. Can anybody help me?
flow23 is offline Find More Posts by flow23
Old Dec 05, 2011, 04:49 PM
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
hi paul ,
what about the 5" props ? do you already have some in stock ?
good to hear about the gps modules ... now one can buy a whole model from you , thats great :-)

cheers
M4d_D is offline Find More Posts by M4d_D
Old Dec 05, 2011, 04:55 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
will get some test samples in the next days, so its ordered instantly when they are good.
Old Dec 05, 2011, 05:37 PM
Deutschland
Joined Nov 2011
198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post
will get some test samples in the next days, so its ordered instantly when they are good.
It might be a good idea to have some more types of props in your shop. 3 or 2 blades and from 5" to what ever. This imply significant workload at start. But after a while you should reduce some unwanted sizes and anyway - isn't it a good feeling to prevent us from ordering via cnc? ;-)
zerosight is offline Find More Posts by zerosight
Old Dec 06, 2011, 11:46 AM
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post
sounds great , thanks a lot ...
M4d_D is offline Find More Posts by M4d_D