SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 01, 2011, 10:34 AM
Holland
Joined Apr 2010
83 Posts
I reckon he read that post... but wanted photo's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosight View Post
Why walk this far if the wanted things are within the post before?

Hint: the link above point you direct onto page 79 of this thread.
quadraf is offline Find More Posts by quadraf
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2011, 02:03 PM
Joined Jul 2011
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadraf View Post
I reckon he read that post... but wanted photo's...

... as mentioned: simply click on FIRST to find them
aBUGSnightmare is offline Find More Posts by aBUGSnightmare
Old Dec 01, 2011, 05:13 PM
Deutschland, HE, Kassel
Joined Sep 2005
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebarteam View Post
Hi Jan,

Flying with sonar: very precise at least within the sonar range. The ones we use (very cheap) has a resolution of 1 cm within 5 - 270cm.

Differences between mwii and mp:
The MP (or arducopter) is more focused on automatic flight like waypoint missions, return to home and stabilized flight.
You would notice (welll at least with the current code) that flying around in somewhat lacking control whereas multiwii is perfect for flying around either in acro or stabilized.

So: automatic flight, video flight etc : MP
Just fun and altitude hold : MultiWii
Perfect fun and unbelievable stable : Openpilot

All together : just wait, they are there..

Menno
Thx Menno - perfect conclusion and helps me a lot and as I wrote I have a lot of fun for "active flying" with Multiwii.

So regarding my sonar ambition would you say that Arducopter and MP is more or less the same? so no need to buy another arducopter plattform as I own a MP?
(that's what I read out here, as you put arducopter in brackets after MP):
Quote:
The MP (or arducopter) is more focused on automatic flight like waypoint missions, return to home and stabilized flight.
You would notice (welll at least with the current code) that flying around in somewhat lacking control whereas multiwii is perfect for flying around either in acro or stabilized.
But you mentioned in a very persuasive way OpenPilot:.
Quote:
Perfect fun and unbelievable stable : Openpilot
Why did you do this to me? I heard about it, but that was all and now I think I need one started immideately to start research - is it so nice? if it's too much here I'll be happy if you write me a short PM - why I must build me sth. with an OpenPilot control.

Thx

Jan
Jan F. is offline Find More Posts by Jan F.
Old Dec 01, 2011, 05:45 PM
United Kingdom, Wales, Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen
Joined Mar 2011
535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosight View Post
Why walk this far if the wanted things are within the post before?

Hint: the link above point you direct onto page 79 of this thread.
sorry guys, my bad, wasn't concentrating! thanks
nasgul is offline Find More Posts by nasgul
Old Dec 02, 2011, 12:48 AM
J'ai remis la purée
Netherlands, ZH, Zoetermeer
Joined Mar 2011
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan F. View Post
Thx Menno - perfect conclusion and helps me a lot and as I wrote I have a lot of fun for "active flying" with Multiwii.

So regarding my sonar ambition would you say that Arducopter and MP is more or less the same? so no need to buy another arducopter plattform as I own a MP?
(that's what I read out here, as you put arducopter in brackets after MP):

But you mentioned in a very persuasive way OpenPilot:.

Why did you do this to me? I heard about it, but that was all and now I think I need one started immideately to start research - is it so nice? if it's too much here I'll be happy if you write me a short PM - why I must build me sth. with an OpenPilot control.

Thx

Jan
Sorry

Yes, at the moment we try to keep the MP and AC more or less the same.
Although the sonar routines are different because of the different sonar and thus a different library.

I can't find the vid atm, but with .049 code I was flying an MP in altitude hold (1meter) up a small hill and it follows the path very precise.

[Offtopic alert]
Regarding the OP: yes it is very nice , I was lucky to get one in the latest batch and am amazed by the groundstation and the Copter Control hardware.
You can literally make it ready to fly in 10 minutes. I loooove the different modes, you can mix different attitudes in a mode; for example, you can have a mode with a stabilized roll and an acro pitch. Great for flips
When they release their complete set (revolution), so copter control, gps and the works it probably will be one of the best around... but don't wait for it, the OP is superfun.

Menno
joebarteam is offline Find More Posts by joebarteam
Old Dec 02, 2011, 07:15 AM
Joined Apr 2009
25 Posts
Hi everyone!

I just thought I'd put this question out were everyone can see it so that it might help others who may be wondering the same thing: Does using an advanced sensor-array such as the 9DOF ATAVRSBIN1 or the newer DroTek 10DOF sensor IMUs eliminate the need to run the other, more basic sensors such as the WMP and BMA020, or is there still some need for the others?

The primary reason I ask is that I have two projects on my desk currently --

1. flyduspider, which I intend to use a Flyduino MEGA controller attached to a flydusense (square BOB) where space is not so much of an issue
2. flydumini -- obviously running on promini using embedded interconnects (genius, really. Thanks, Paul!)

Knowing what components I currently have at my fingertips, which should I place and on which setup?

Thanks in advance for all your help, it is greatly appreciated.
Have a nice day, the weekend is almost here!

--Jonathan
jrlederer is offline Find More Posts by jrlederer
Old Dec 02, 2011, 09:02 AM
It wasn't me
Augsburg, Germany
Joined Mar 2010
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlederer View Post
Hi everyone!

I just thought I'd put this question out were everyone can see it so that it might help others who may be wondering the same thing: Does using an advanced sensor-array such as the 9DOF ATAVRSBIN1 or the newer DroTek 10DOF sensor IMUs eliminate the need to run the other, more basic sensors such as the WMP and BMA020, or is there still some need for the others?

1. flyduspider, which I intend to use a Flyduino MEGA controller attached to a flydusense (square BOB) where space is not so much of an issue
2. flydumini -- obviously running on promini using embedded interconnects (genius, really. Thanks, Paul!)

Knowing what components I currently have at my fingertips, which should I place and on which setup?

--Jonathan
Hi Jonathan,

yes, such an IMU replaces a single WMP and BMA. What each copter basically needs, is a gyro. The simplest way is to install a WMP. The BMA is an acceleration sensor which helps the copter to a stable mode. It is not essential but optional.

An IMU usually combines at least a gyro and an acceleration sensor (2 sensors x 3 axis = 6DOF) and can have additional sensors like a magnetometer (3-axis compass) or a barometer. The DOF (= degrees of freedom) is simply the number of measured axis. A 9DOF must have 3 different 3-axis-sensors and a 10DOF has an additional barometer (altitude is only 1 axis).

Tilman
r0sewhite is offline Find More Posts by r0sewhite
Old Dec 02, 2011, 09:03 AM
Deutschland, SA
Joined May 2011
47 Posts
Quote:
Hi everyone!

--Jonathan
I do not want to be rude, but why not just use the search function time and you will find the 5-7 Flydumini configurations. Otherwise experiment is called for. Rebuild is indeed great, but where is the development, progress?
Greeting hubibubi
hubibubi is offline Find More Posts by hubibubi
Old Dec 02, 2011, 09:46 AM
Deutschland, HE, Kassel
Joined Sep 2005
139 Posts
Quote:
[Offtopic alert]
Regarding the OP: yes it is very nice , I was lucky to get one in the latest batch and am amazed by the groundstation and the Copter Control hardware.
You can literally make it ready to fly in 10 minutes. I loooove the different modes, you can mix different attitudes in a mode; for example, you can have a mode with a stabilized roll and an acro pitch. Great for flips
When they release their complete set (revolution), so copter control, gps and the works it probably will be one of the best around... but don't wait for it, the OP is superfun.
Menno
Again thx Menno - checked everything with the OP yesterday night - but as you said you were lucky to get one, 'cause it's sold out everywhere - so I put myself in every email notification here in Europe store as well in overseas and will follow the used-sales.

Anyway it's affordable and so I appreciate that you opened another controler world for me

If it's ok and I can't help myself after getting an OP board - I hope you don't mind if I contact you again?!

take care so far and regards

Jan
Jan F. is offline Find More Posts by Jan F.
Old Dec 02, 2011, 05:41 PM
Joined Apr 2009
25 Posts
Configs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubibubi View Post
I do not want to be rude, but why not just use the search function time and you will find the 5-7 Flydumini configurations. Otherwise experiment is called for. Rebuild is indeed great, but where is the development, progress?
Greeting hubibubi
I didn't perceive your response as rude, just not that helpful. Maybe I was not clear enough, since I have been reading these forums through and through. Believe me, I have exhausted the google search as well as this forums search and have seen all the great looking setups that so many skilled pilots here and elsewhere have produced. It is only after all that did I then post the inquiry here, so maybe I can re-state my question so as it may be understood:

I have a two flyduminis and a flyduspider and was wondering if someone could definitively tell me if :

1. It is adequate (or even optimal) to remove all other sensors except the single ATAVRSBIN1 on my flydusense connected to my Flyduino?

2. If it is worth installing a carrier board and the added effort associated to place the (relatively heavier) same atavrsbin sensor atop the flydumini.

Fwiw I am an avid builder and an experienced 3D single rotor Heli pilot and am not in need of newbie definitions -- just experienced advice so I do not need to relearn lessons that others may have already taken the effort to figure out.

Once again, thank you in advance to all who have taken the time to help me in my quest for knowledge. I didn't think posting this question was really that bothersome, so I apologize if this isn't the correct place to ask such things.

Happy holidays!

Jonathan
jrlederer is offline Find More Posts by jrlederer
Old Dec 02, 2011, 06:13 PM
It wasn't me
Augsburg, Germany
Joined Mar 2010
428 Posts
Quote:
1. It is adequate (or even optimal) to remove all other sensors except the single ATAVRSBIN1 on my flydusense connected to my Flyduino?
ATAVRSBIN1 is a 9DOF with gyro, acc and mag. It's even more than you need to fly. What other sensors are we talking about?

Quote:
2. If it is worth installing a carrier board and the added effort associated to place the (relatively heavier) same atavrsbin sensor atop the flydumini.
That wouldn't be my choice since it's too heavy, as you already noticed. Almost any other IMU is lighter and small enough to fit on the WMP reserved space.
r0sewhite is offline Find More Posts by r0sewhite
Old Dec 03, 2011, 02:51 PM
United Kingdom, England, West York
Joined Aug 2008
169 Posts
Just an update on my favourite latest toy

I have now had about 10 LiPO's worth of flying inside on my Flydumini today and one outdoor flight in approx a 16km/h wind ( that was fun)..

I have found the following..

I didn't put a BMA020 on initially ( I didn't have a spare one) and now I'm not going to bother. It find it is great to fly as long as you spend time tuning the PIDS. ( they still need some work though).

There is more info on my setup in post #2856

You need a good high C rated 2s Lipo as I find the motors start to sag when the throttle is pushed... If you just want to cruise around, this isn't necessary for me, but that may not suit all flyers with different motor / prop combinations..

Paul sent me some small square carbon tube with the kit, to fit to the frame to stiffen it. After flying it today, I think it is necessary if you want to fly aggressively as I can't tune it to be smooth (I've finally accurately balanced the 3 blade props), but again cruising around not necessary.

I need to get a small 3s battery ( like Warthox used on his) as it runs out of steam when trying to flip and roll it at lower levels.

The only change I would make is to put adhesive led strips underneath, as when I landed it on grass,( ok.... crash when trying to flip at too low a level) it pulled one of the SMD ones off and damaged the circuit board pads so I can't resolder it... My fault , no fault of the Flydumini...

Any suggestions from other mini flyers would be appreciated.....

Oh !!!!! Also I need my eyes testing as it keeps disappearing

Paul...... FlyduHexmini please Thanks for a brilliant product

Shaun
2.4g shaun is offline Find More Posts by 2.4g shaun
Last edited by 2.4g shaun; Dec 03, 2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2011, 04:21 PM
Deutschland, SA
Joined May 2011
47 Posts
Quote:
I didn't perceive your response as rude, just not that helpful. Maybe I was not clear enough, since I have been reading these forums through and through. Believe me, I have exhausted the google search as well as this forums search and have seen all the great looking setups that so many skilled pilots here and elsewhere have produced. It is only after all that did I then post the inquiry here, so maybe I can re-state my question so as it may be understood:

I have a two flyduminis and a flyduspider and was wondering if someone could definitively tell me if :

Fwiw I am an avid builder and an experienced 3D single rotor Heli pilot and am not in need of newbie definitions -- just experienced advice so I do not need to relearn lessons that others may have already taken the effort to figure out.

Once again, thank you in advance to all who have taken the time to help me in my quest for knowledge. I didn't think posting this question was really that bothersome, so I apologize if this isn't the correct place to ask such things.

Happy holidays!

Jonathan
These questions are not annoying, you have not come even wider.
There will always respond to you and some others give to you to notify of the Sufu.

A hint, perhaps once and for all new here, let it first flies off the many accessories and the goat, then you can begin to retrofit one after another, and you realize what you really need.
Flying or floating, thats the Question.

Even more fun hubibubi
hubibubi is offline Find More Posts by hubibubi
Old Dec 03, 2011, 04:53 PM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.4g shaun View Post

You need a good high C rated 2s Lipo as I find the motors start to sag when the throttle is pushed...

I need to get a small 3s battery .....

Shaun
+1

i ordered some 2S 460mah and 3S 460mah turnigy nano-techs with 25/40C.
that lipos should be fine .

my 2S 500mah 20/30C battery do not deliver enough current, and with 1000mah 2S current is enough, but weight is too high.

the flydumini is soooo much fun, i hope 3S battery will make it a little rocket.,...and not toast my motors
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
Old Dec 04, 2011, 03:26 AM
Joined Jul 2011
188 Posts
Hi Shaun,

what about posting your PIDs??

aBUGSworstnightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.4g shaun View Post

I have now had about 10 LiPO's worth of flying inside on my Flydumini today and one outdoor flight in approx a 16km/h wind ( that was fun)..

I have found the following..

I didn't put a BMA020 on initially ( I didn't have a spare one) and now I'm not going to bother. It find it is great to fly as long as you spend time tuning the PIDS. ( they still need some work though).

There is more info on my setup in post #2856

You need a good high C rated 2s Lipo as I find the motors start to sag when the throttle is pushed... If you just want to cruise around, this isn't necessary for me, but that may not suit all flyers with different motor / prop combinations..

Paul sent me some small square carbon tube with the kit, to fit to the frame to stiffen it. After flying it today, I think it is necessary if you want to fly aggressively as I can't tune it to be smooth (I've finally accurately balanced the 3 blade props), but again cruising around not necessary.

I need to get a small 3s battery ( like Warthox used on his) as it runs out of steam when trying to flip and roll it at lower levels.

The only change I would make is to put adhesive led strips underneath, as when I landed it on grass,( ok.... crash when trying to flip at too low a level) it pulled one of the SMD ones off and damaged the circuit board pads so I can't resolder it... My fault , no fault of the Flydumini...

Any suggestions from other mini flyers would be appreciated.....

Oh !!!!! Also I need my eyes testing as it keeps disappearing

Shaun
aBUGSnightmare is offline Find More Posts by aBUGSnightmare