SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:04 PM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by claustro View Post
Ok i did what you told me and now the motor as still and the esc beep only at start but I still can't arm the motors.
The board has 2 green led on, one of this ( the one near the esc ) blink when I pull all 2 sticks of the rc up.

throttle run between 977 and 2100
yaw from 993 to 2100
pitch 985 to 2100
roll 966 to 2092

any idea where is my mistake?
is the copter leveled + ACC calibrated once?

how do you arm your motors - by stick or by aux channel?
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2011, 01:09 PM
Joined Aug 2011
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteskind View Post
is the copter leveled + ACC calibrated once?

how do you arm your motors - by stick or by aux channel?
yes leveled and calibrated.
motors arm by stick ...or at least this is what I am trying to do :-)
claustro is offline Find More Posts by claustro
Old Nov 30, 2011, 02:21 PM
Joined Jul 2011
188 Posts
Finished!

Be shure to check back here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2757
aBUGSnightmare is offline Find More Posts by aBUGSnightmare
Old Nov 30, 2011, 03:16 PM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2009
807 Posts
aBUGSnightmare, nice job, thanks for sharing!

BTW, I'm still fighting with my LED driver, and I want to use an ULN2803A. Could you please have a look at the picture and tell me how to connect power and ground?

thanks!

Bastien
helicoblast is online now Find More Posts by helicoblast
Old Nov 30, 2011, 04:20 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
sorry guys dont expect too much from me in the next days.
I allowed me 2 free days (the first 2 days this year i had email free, ship everyday of course also pack on sundays), result it took 12 hours today to reply all emails, still working on it, Printer isnt working atm, for unknown resosns, which means pure stress for me.
Shippings will come next after this email marathon, i fear i cant acomplish some goals i wanted to achievethis year, like manuals for some products, but this will be imposible.
"Teufleskreis" Manuals would avoid lots of mails, but this mails keep me away from having time to document the stuff, which needs some time without hundreds of other demands.

Dont want to complain, but please think twice before you send a mail this month, thanks.

there is a lot stuff upcomming, this month.
Goofy23 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy23
Old Nov 30, 2011, 04:26 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
Many Thanks Jörg!
I think this nice report will help a lot of people, great job.
Goofy23 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy23
Old Nov 30, 2011, 05:50 PM
Deutschland, SH, Kiel
Joined Jul 2011
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post
sorry guys dont expect too much from me in the next days.
I allowed me 2 free days (the first 2 days this year i had email free, ship everyday of course also pack on sundays), result it took 12 hours today to reply all emails, still working on it, Printer isnt working atm, for unknown resosns, which means pure stress for me.
Shippings will come next after this email marathon, i fear i cant acomplish some goals i wanted to achievethis year, like manuals for some products, but this will be imposible.
"Teufleskreis" Manuals would avoid lots of mails, but this mails keep me away from having time to document the stuff, which needs some time without hundreds of other demands.

Dont want to complain, but please think twice before you send a mail this month, thanks.

there is a lot stuff upcomming, this month.
Don't worry Paul you deserve you offtime.

If you need help with some documentation maybe I can help you with it.
I knwo my way around your hardware pretty well now.

Nils
jevermeister is offline Find More Posts by jevermeister
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:16 PM
Deutschland, HE, Kassel
Joined Sep 2005
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post
realy good that you tell here - I personaly have to hold me back with my mails and I will Paul - sorry for my selfish behaviour sometimes in the past and enjoy your days-off.

Just one general question - I fly my Flyduspider with Flyduino and FFIMU with Multiwii 1.8 and coming from Mikrokopter I'm impressed how nice 1.8 does it's job (except altitude )

The fun in our hobby is for me absolutely flying and not code-tweaking, but as the imagination of low-pass sonar controled (indoor) flying does not go out of my head I think about giving MP code a try.

- maybe I expect too much - is that nice to fly with sonar?

- and in case sb. has that experience with sonar sensors: same level of realization between MP and arducopters (with more variety of sensors) or one system better?

- And finaly I would realy appreciate if somebody could conlude in a few words the main difference he/she (there are no "she's" in our world out there or?) experienced between Multiwii and MP code - regarding regular flying as well in acro and stable mode?

Thanks a lot

Jan
Jan F. is offline Find More Posts by Jan F.
Old Dec 01, 2011, 01:14 AM
Joined Jul 2011
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicoblast View Post
aBUGSnightmare, nice job, thanks for sharing!

BTW, I'm still fighting with my LED driver, and I want to use an ULN2803A. Could you please have a look at the picture and tell me how to connect power and ground?

thanks!

Bastien
Hi Bastien,

pin 10 (COM) of the ULN2803A goes to LiPo! GND is on pin 9; since it's the only GND connection be shure it can handle the current (don't use a two small wire here).

aBUGSworstnightmare
aBUGSnightmare is offline Find More Posts by aBUGSnightmare
Last edited by aBUGSnightmare; Dec 01, 2011 at 01:19 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2011, 05:05 AM
Joined Aug 2011
126 Posts
i made a GUI Video save as here
I am unable to arm motors.
The strange things is that acc become off as soon as I switch on the radio.
Can someone help me figuring how to solve my problems?

Also con someone confirm me that the connection between sensor board with wm+ and BMA020 are :
1 group 3v 5v gnd to ---> 3v 5v gnd on sensor board
2 group sa sl 5v to -----> sca scl 5v on sensor board
My flyduino is a v2.1 and I saw around in the previous version that also a D37 pin on sensor board was connected

Another strange thing if I connect the ftdi while the battery is on all the motor starts running at medium speed for 3 seconds
When I connect the battery it seems to me that athe beep of one motor is slightly delayed respect of the other 3.
claustro is offline Find More Posts by claustro
Last edited by claustro; Dec 01, 2011 at 06:22 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2011, 06:52 AM
J'ai remis la purée
Netherlands, ZH, Zoetermeer
Joined Mar 2011
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan F. View Post
realy good that you tell here - I personaly have to hold me back with my mails and I will Paul - sorry for my selfish behaviour sometimes in the past and enjoy your days-off.

Just one general question - I fly my Flyduspider with Flyduino and FFIMU with Multiwii 1.8 and coming from Mikrokopter I'm impressed how nice 1.8 does it's job (except altitude )

The fun in our hobby is for me absolutely flying and not code-tweaking, but as the imagination of low-pass sonar controled (indoor) flying does not go out of my head I think about giving MP code a try.

- maybe I expect too much - is that nice to fly with sonar?

- and in case sb. has that experience with sonar sensors: same level of realization between MP and arducopters (with more variety of sensors) or one system better?

- And finaly I would realy appreciate if somebody could conlude in a few words the main difference he/she (there are no "she's" in our world out there or?) experienced between Multiwii and MP code - regarding regular flying as well in acro and stable mode?

Thanks a lot

Jan
Hi Jan,

Flying with sonar: very precise at least within the sonar range. The ones we use (very cheap) has a resolution of 1 cm within 5 - 270cm.

Differences between mwii and mp:
The MP (or arducopter) is more focused on automatic flight like waypoint missions, return to home and stabilized flight.
You would notice (welll at least with the current code) that flying around in somewhat lacking control whereas multiwii is perfect for flying around either in acro or stabilized.

So: automatic flight, video flight etc : MP
Just fun and altitude hold : MultiWii
Perfect fun and unbelievable stable : Openpilot

All together : just wait, they are there..

Menno
joebarteam is online now Find More Posts by joebarteam
Old Dec 01, 2011, 07:58 AM
Holland
Joined Apr 2010
83 Posts
Hi Claustro,
I have the same setup although fluyduino version 1.1 and perfectly working. It looks like your connections are wrong or you fried something
Please look at this post for the connection i made:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1180
+ read post 1181/1182 and 1183.
If this doesn't work make a photo of your gyro/acc. connections so we can look for ourselves. D37 is never used and redundant in multiwii1.9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustro View Post
i made a GUI Video save as here
I am unable to arm motors.
The strange things is that acc become off as soon as I switch on the radio.
Can someone help me figuring how to solve my problems?

Also con someone confirm me that the connection between sensor board with wm+ and BMA020 are :
1 group 3v 5v gnd to ---> 3v 5v gnd on sensor board
2 group sa sl 5v to -----> sca scl 5v on sensor board
My flyduino is a v2.1 and I saw around in the previous version that also a D37 pin on sensor board was connected

Another strange thing if I connect the ftdi while the battery is on all the motor starts running at medium speed for 3 seconds
When I connect the battery it seems to me that athe beep of one motor is slightly delayed respect of the other 3.
quadraf is offline Find More Posts by quadraf
Last edited by quadraf; Dec 01, 2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2011, 10:18 AM
United Kingdom, Wales, Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen
Joined Mar 2011
535 Posts
hi, has anyone got any good pics showing which wires need to be soldered on a wmp? thanks from a multiwii/flyduino noob
nasgul is offline Find More Posts by nasgul
Old Dec 01, 2011, 10:52 AM
Holland
Joined Apr 2010
83 Posts
Maybe you should look at the first page

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasgul View Post
hi, has anyone got any good pics showing which wires need to be soldered on a wmp? thanks from a multiwii/flyduino noob
quadraf is offline Find More Posts by quadraf
Old Dec 01, 2011, 11:16 AM
Deutschland
Joined Nov 2011
198 Posts
Why walk this far if the wanted things are within the post before?

Hint: the link above point you direct onto page 79 of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadraf View Post
Maybe you should look at the first page
zerosight is offline Find More Posts by zerosight