HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:06 PM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post
btw, i got my quad more stable then warthox had it, ok i dont fly flips, just smooth rounds and i had some reinforcements underneath.
But there is a big difference, setup of a mini is a bit more picky it seems, but you can get stable, really stable, allready got it.
just ordered that nice toy

will build it with HK blueseries esc, turnigy 1811 2000kv, bma020+itg3205 and look which props are better for my (bad)flight style. have ordered some 3blade 5030 gws, and have already enough 2blade 5x3 props lying here from hobbyking.

i am vey exited and impatient to have that indoor quad.... hope its in the air next weekend already. maybe next summer my flight-skill will be better then. i will have to practice very much

until now i need many spare parts to have the copters in the air´more often than lying around destroyed...
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:21 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
hehe, thats my intention too, something for the winter to train.
As far i can say the frame takes some beatings also the motor mount section is nothing be afraid, its rigid, really hard to brake with tohse light setups.
I am still unsure about the reinforcements, tink they are helpfull but may can be avoided with a good setup, they will absorb some vibs it seems, which helps to get more stable with higher PID´s, still lot to test, at least its fun to fly.
Goofy23 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy23
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:46 PM
Joined Dec 2008
120 Posts
my first approach after finishing will be creating a soft protection frame out of epp or something similar for inhouse hovering... (well to avoid headcutting on wifey's flowers)
treeda is offline Find More Posts by treeda
Old Oct 31, 2011, 03:21 PM
France, Centre, Saché
Joined Jan 2011
56 Posts
Hi,

Have you tried this link http://www.ecalc.ch/xcoptercalc_e.htm?ecalc? I wonder if the calculations are reliable. I think it's good for sizing well a multicopter.
FERCYR37 is offline Find More Posts by FERCYR37
Old Oct 31, 2011, 05:08 PM
Joined Nov 2010
28 Posts
Hallo !

wer von euch hat hier einen HEXAcopter mit 1.8 software und betreibt Kamerastabilisierung ? es funktioniert nicht bei mir !!! bzw. wohin führen die signalleitungen von 44 und 45 ? auf 44 und 45 ist 5 V vorhanden ! ist der Board defeckt ? wie kann ich es messen ,prüfen eventuell ,Leiterbahn defeckt ?

Danke für Tips

Hello!

which one of you here one Hexacopter with 1.8 software and operates camera stabilization? it does not work for me! or where the cause of signal lines 44 and 45? on 44 and 45 5 V is available! the Board defeckt? I can measure it, may examine, defeckt conductor?

Thank you for tips
Thunderbirddimka is offline Find More Posts by Thunderbirddimka
Old Oct 31, 2011, 05:30 PM
Deutschland, SH, Kiel
Joined Jul 2011
509 Posts
Sorry for the RTFM:

You need to stick to Alex's and Paul's FAQ you need to power the servos seperately, it might be possible that there is not enough power on the flyduino.

But First:
Activated the feature in the code? adjusted travel rates/endpoints? etc etc. We need details, details, details dude ;-).

Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbirddimka View Post
Hallo !

wer von euch hat hier einen HEXAcopter mit 1.8 software und betreibt Kamerastabilisierung ? es funktioniert nicht bei mir !!! bzw. wohin führen die signalleitungen von 44 und 45 ? auf 44 und 45 ist 5 V vorhanden ! ist der Board defeckt ? wie kann ich es messen ,prüfen eventuell ,Leiterbahn defeckt ?

Danke für Tips

Hello!

which one of you here one Hexacopter with 1.8 software and operates camera stabilization? it does not work for me! or where the cause of signal lines 44 and 45? on 44 and 45 5 V is available! the Board defeckt? I can measure it, may examine, defeckt conductor?

Thank you for tips
jevermeister is offline Find More Posts by jevermeister
Old Oct 31, 2011, 05:38 PM
Joined Aug 2011
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Yep, this is the Hektronix 10g/2000kV
Thanks!
olaf.j is offline Find More Posts by olaf.j
Old Oct 31, 2011, 05:46 PM
Joined Nov 2010
28 Posts
#define Servo ist aktiviert !

Am Powerpin neben 46,45,44 ist ein 3A externer BEC angeschlossen ,wenn die Spannung eingeschaltet wird - zucken die Servos, mehr aber nicht, auch wenn ich den Copter bewege . Im GUI ist Camtrig und Camstab aktiviert ist auch visuell sichtbar beim schalten ,es folgt aber keine Bewegung am Kameragestell ..............

mir raucht schon der Kopf

# define servo is activated!

At the next 46,45,44 Powerpin a 3A external BEC is connected when the power is turned on - the servos twitch, but nothing more, even if I move the copter. The GUI is Camtrig and Camstab activated switch is also visible in the visual, but it does not move follows the camera frame ..............

I had the head smokes: mad:
Thunderbirddimka is offline Find More Posts by Thunderbirddimka
Old Oct 31, 2011, 05:53 PM
Deutschland, SH, Kiel
Joined Jul 2011
509 Posts
Keep cool, this is the best way to avoid mistakes:

Pleas check the code under config.h first:

you have to activate this line
Code:
#define SERVO_TILT
and you need to adjust this by trial and error (these are my settings).

Code:
/* The following lines apply only for a pitch/roll tilt stabilization system
   On promini board, it is not compatible with config with 6 motors or more
   Uncomment the first line to activate it */
#define SERVO_TILT
#define TILT_PITCH_MIN    1100    //servo travel min, don't set it below 1020
#define TILT_PITCH_MAX    1900    //servo travel max, max value=2000
#define TILT_PITCH_MIDDLE 1500    //servo neutral value
#define TILT_PITCH_PROP   -13      //servo proportional (tied to angle) ; can be negative to invert movement
#define TILT_ROLL_MIN     1020
#define TILT_ROLL_MAX     2000
#define TILT_ROLL_MIDDLE  1500
#define TILT_ROLL_PROP    16

I don't think that the baord is broken, paul does a very good quality check on all of them.

btw.:
You cannot measure anything on the pwm pins with just a multimeter you need a scope.

Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbirddimka View Post
#define Servo ist aktiviert !

Am Powerpin neben 46,45,44 ist ein 3A externer BEC angeschlossen ,wenn die Spannung eingeschaltet wird - zucken die Servos, mehr aber nicht, auch wenn ich den Copter bewege . Im GUI ist Camtrig und Camstab aktiviert ist auch visuell sichtbar beim schalten ,es folgt aber keine Bewegung am Kameragestell ..............

mir raucht schon der Kopf

# define servo is activated!

At the next 46,45,44 Powerpin a 3A external BEC is connected when the power is turned on - the servos twitch, but nothing more, even if I move the copter. The GUI is Camtrig and Camstab activated switch is also visible in the visual, but it does not move follows the camera frame ..............

I had the head smokes: mad:
jevermeister is offline Find More Posts by jevermeister
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:22 PM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeda View Post
my first approach after finishing will be creating a soft protection frame out of epp or something similar for inhouse hovering... (well to avoid headcutting on wifey's flowers)
your wife doesnt need flowers, you dont need a protection frame - what u need is a copter-room
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:46 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
thanks for this very good explanation, also dont think 3 lines on the pcb are broken, it need a little patience to setup the servos, your config is fine it seems, the UBEC does the job and the signal lines needs just some working code it seems.

Copter room, a copter gym would be great.
Old Nov 01, 2011, 04:48 AM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2009
807 Posts
Hi Paul,

I've a question about the FlydusenseV2:

I'm using the led driver and my leds are not as bright as if I connect them directly to 12v. The led strip has already a resistor.

So, is the R560 next to the BC337 needed? Does it drop down the voltage and makes the leds less bright?

thanks.

Bastien
helicoblast is online now Find More Posts by helicoblast
Old Nov 01, 2011, 07:46 AM
Joined Jul 2011
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicoblast View Post
Hi Paul,

I've a question about the FlydusenseV2:

I'm using the led driver and my leds are not as bright as if I connect them directly to 12v. The led strip has already a resistor.

So, is the R560 next to the BC337 needed? Does it drop down the voltage and makes the leds less bright?

thanks.

Bastien
Hi Bastien,

the R560 next to the BC337 is it's series resistor which it's needed for the transistors operation.
But, it doesn't reduce your LED-Voltage level since it is not it the signal path of it!
Did you make the workaround shown here http://i.imgur.com/X1B6S.jpg - since there is an error in the PCB design?

The brightness of your LED should be the same, regardless of 'switched' or directly connected to your LiPo.

Rgds
aBUGSworstnightmare
aBUGSnightmare is offline Find More Posts by aBUGSnightmare
Old Nov 01, 2011, 08:22 AM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2009
807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aBUGSnightmare View Post
Hi Bastien,

the R560 next to the BC337 is it's series resistor which it's needed for the transistors operation.
But, it doesn't reduce your LED-Voltage level since it is not it the signal path of it!
Did you make the workaround shown here http://i.imgur.com/X1B6S.jpg - since there is an error in the PCB design?

The brightness of your LED should be the same, regardless of 'switched' or directly connected to your LiPo.

Rgds
aBUGSworstnightmare
Hi aBUGSworstnightmare,

Thanks for your quick answer!

It was exactly what I was thinking, but wanted to be sure.
Yes, I did the workaround you showed me.

I've measured how much current there is at the in and out leds' pins, and I've always have 20mA, with 6 leds (40mA) or 24 leds (160mA)... I remember Paul said the transistor could handle 500mA, so something's wrong here, 'cause I'm always under 500mA...

I don't understand. Could the transistor be defective?

Regards,
Bastien
helicoblast is online now Find More Posts by helicoblast
Old Nov 01, 2011, 01:29 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
it seems, did you meassured your lipo on the other side of the transistor, in should be as the out voltage of the transistor, as its only switching throug if he gets some volt on the middle pin.
Last edited by Goofy23; Nov 01, 2011 at 01:41 PM.