HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2011, 12:55 PM
Winterswijk, Netherlands
Joined Jun 2007
133 Posts
Hi Nils,

Electrically, I have exactly the same

However, the orientation of your 5883 sensor is completely different, and you probably need to play with the orientation settings in the code to get it correct.

The 5883 is upside down to start with (your photo shows the bottom of the board, the WMP and BMA-020 MUST be on the top). It is also turned 90 deg

I have it on the other (top) side, next to the WMP / BMA-020, with the solder connections facing aft.
I had to use the following code, but you will need something else....
#define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {magADC[ROLL] = -Y; magADC[PITCH] = X; magADC[YAW] = Z;}

For the BMP-085, orientation clearly does not matter

The pull-ups in the code can be disabled as you have 5V pull-ups already installed on the Flydusense.

Wilco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevermeister View Post
I use the same sensors from the same seller, can you make a photo of your setup?
I installed the like this:

Software pullups are still enabled but it is working fine...

Is this still correct?

Nils
wilco1967 is online now Find More Posts by wilco1967
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2011, 01:26 PM
Deutschland, SH, Kiel
Joined Jul 2011
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco1967 View Post
Hi Nils,

Electrically, I have exactly the same

However, the orientation of your 5883 sensor is completely different, and you probably need to play with the orientation settings in the code to get it correct.

The 5883 is upside down to start with (your photo shows the bottom of the board, the WMP and BMA-020 MUST be on the top). It is also turned 90 deg

I have it on the other (top) side, next to the WMP / BMA-020, with the solder connections facing aft.
I had to use the following code, but you will need something else....
#define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {magADC[ROLL] = -Y; magADC[PITCH] = X; magADC[YAW] = Z;}

For the BMP-085, orientation clearly does not matter

The pull-ups in the code can be disabled as you have 5V pull-ups already installed on the Flydusense.

Wilco.
Thanks for the hints, I intended to put those sensors on the back of the flydusense, I had quite a hard time to configure the mag, I started by turning the coordinate system they way I learned in math, but I ended up trial and error and a lot of help from Alex. Now it is working fine (but I got some weird behavior when the copter tilts very much in flight hmmm)

Nils
jevermeister is offline Find More Posts by jevermeister
Old Oct 09, 2011, 01:59 PM
Winterswijk, Netherlands
Joined Jun 2007
133 Posts
If it is moving correcty in the GUI, the problem in flight is probably from the 5883 getting disturbed by the magnetic field from the motor current....

You can try holding in in your hand, while connected to the GUI, and powering up the motors..... If you raise the throttle, observe the compass readings... (and don't let go.... )

I had the compass heading completely turn around at some point with my old Quad while using these sensors (still on a Flydusense V1 board)....
After I relocated the ESC's away from the sensors, it became better.
My current quad has a Warthox board + FreeIMU 0.3.5 MS, which still has some interference from the ESC's, but not a real problem (it drifts a little in yaw, but holds heading quite reasonable).
I haven't tried it yet on the flydusense V2 I'm have put together now (building a Tri at the moment).

Quote:
Thanks for the hints, I intended to put those sensors on the back of the flydusense, I had quite a hard time to configure the mag, I started by turning the coordinate system they way I learned in math, but I ended up trial and error and a lot of help from Alex. Now it is working fine (but I got some weird behavior when the copter tilts very much in flight hmmm)

Nils
wilco1967 is online now Find More Posts by wilco1967
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:55 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
Quote:

Nils
Hi Nils, a friend told me today the BMP (sparkfun) have some Pullups on it, but you know allready, so its completely right how you both did it, electrically, orinetation is another story, but i am sure you can deal with that.
You dont need the 3.3V pullups on the V2 cause your BMP provides this, a second pair pullups may not harm, but depending on the value the signal quality can suffer.
Its simple 2 10K in parallel gives you 5K resitance in the end (values only as example).
This is the case when you enable the internal pullups and connect the ones on your BMA020 may your WMP clone got some too, so the end value of "the " 5V pullups depends on this 3 factors.
The Values i choosed are well working if took alone (4.7K-6.8K for 5V/ about 3.3K for 3.3V) for our I2C signal.
Ok we are in a digital world here, so working or not working (if murphy isnt there), so there is some room, but a too low value isnt good as a too high isnt.
Easy german expalnation for you and other germans who wants to know.
http://www.strippenstrolch.de/1-3-9-...-parallel.html

Resistor calc in english:
http://www.1728.org/resistrs.htm

Wiki Pullups
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pull-up_resistor

You can easily meassure this value, take a multimeter and meassure the resistance between 3.3V or 5V (depending on what side you want to meassure) and your I2C Datalines, this tells you very fast the value.
Goofy23 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy23
Last edited by Goofy23; Oct 10, 2011 at 01:09 AM. Reason: more links
Old Oct 10, 2011, 05:58 AM
It wasn't me
Augsburg, Germany
Joined Mar 2010
428 Posts
Had maiden flight yesterday with Pauls Tiger motors, CF props and warthox board on my esther frame. It was a lot of fun since I never thought that a quad with 10" props could be that agile. Before the flight I set the RC rate to 1.2 as I usually do this with every quad to have good rates. I was very surprised because I didnt' expect this "big" quad to react so stick-sensitive.

Also the cf props are very nice. Okay, they came with massive imbalance and had to be balanced first but then it's pure fun to fly them. No rattel at all when flying circles with high speed. Also I enjoy the prompt reaction on stick inputs like stopping the quad after flips.

Unfortunately the flight ended with a broken prop. I flew until it was dark outside and after the 4th battery I missed a little stick that was hidden in the grass. One prop hitted the stick and cracked. Usually such a small stick wouldn't harm a prop at all but obviously these cf props are very brittle.

For those who can read German, here is the build log: http://www.microcopters.de/artikel/d...r0sewhite-quad

r0sewhite is offline Find More Posts by r0sewhite
Old Oct 10, 2011, 08:44 AM
Joined Jul 2011
188 Posts
DIVIDE et IMPERA! meets Flyduspider

Hi there,

just to add some more details on the DIVIDE et IMPERA! you can find some pictures enclosed! DIVIDE meets Flyduspider !
The PPM signal comes from a 1hoch4 SpektrumtoPPM converter, visible on top of the stack.

aBUGSworstnightmare

Edit: Maidened the spider with default PID settings! Now I have a very stable platform for my GPS tests!!
aBUGSnightmare is offline Find More Posts by aBUGSnightmare
Last edited by aBUGSnightmare; Oct 12, 2011 at 05:06 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 07:19 AM
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Nov 2009
102 Posts
i just want to say how satisfied i am with shopping with paul @ flyduino.com, iv placed two orders in 2 weeks and had them both through quicker than some uk vendors. A very impressed customer, im definatly going to be ordering the flydusense v2 as i bought the v.1 by mistake. Dont hesitate to shop there. The props look great too, i got some 10" and 8" glass reinforced ones and they seem good. Not finished my hex yet so not had chance to try them out but ill post when iv tried them.

Aiden
aidensere07 is offline Find More Posts by aidensere07
Old Oct 11, 2011, 07:30 AM
Russia, Moscow
Joined Jan 2011
91 Posts
Hi Paul, congrats with new motors MT3506!!!

I received some last week, they are very good quality! Will you test them (thrust, amp draw, etc)?

I am also finalizing my Y6 based on x468 frame (i wanted hexa but was impressed by Warthox's Y6).
volver is offline Find More Posts by volver
Last edited by volver; Oct 12, 2011 at 03:18 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 04:27 PM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2009
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Well done, Mike!

Thanks for your work so far. Arguing from the pix you posted I'm afraid the front isn't flat enough. Is it really only 2cm? Anyway .... I'll test it and will send you some more info then.

The other problem remains: people have different heigths of the bob stacks. I don't think we will get away with only 1 universal dome but have to offer min. 2 variations.

I'll see how it fits...
Norbert, some news about the cover?
helicoblast is offline Find More Posts by helicoblast
Old Oct 12, 2011, 01:47 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicoblast View Post
Norbert, some news about the cover?
No, sorry. I hope it's on the way...
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2011, 02:17 AM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2009
787 Posts
Ok thanks Norbert, as usual I'm a bit impatient!

@Paul,

Could you tell me how to use the battery monitor PIN with megapirates code?
helicoblast is offline Find More Posts by helicoblast
Old Oct 12, 2011, 02:47 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
same as with the Multiwii
Thanks
I think Markus will make further tests
Goofy23 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy23
Old Oct 12, 2011, 05:43 AM
France (near the ch'ti village)
Joined Apr 2007
133 Posts
can someone tell me the name of little white serial connector in flyduinomega board ?
fr3d-nexus is offline Find More Posts by fr3d-nexus
Old Oct 12, 2011, 06:54 AM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3d-nexus View Post
can someone tell me the name of little white serial connector in flyduinomega board ?
its JST-SHL or JST-SH

older flyduinos (V1) have other version of this connector (but with the same name....)

for the actual flyduino paul offers a matching cable http://flyduino.net/GPS-Kabel-20cm
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
Old Oct 12, 2011, 02:48 PM
España, Aragón, Zaragoza
Joined Dec 2006
184 Posts
Flyduino with lights

I present you a new evolution of my Mini Quad

I have changed the engines, I have finally solved the problem that stopped in flight. (don't use bad engines).

The control board is first flyduino version (MEGA 1280), gyro MP+ and accelerometer BMA180.

I'm flying MultiWii 1.8P2 version but I've added control for the arms LEDs.
LED sequence is programmable, I'm thinking to program different sequence according to the type of flight. (stable, acro) or battery alarms.

The code that controls the lights is copied from an idea I saw in Megapirates and does not affect the control of the flight. Furthermore, it is quite elegant.

Enjoy it!

Flyduino Multiwii with lights (5 min 31 sec)
mgros is offline Find More Posts by mgros