HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2011, 10:30 AM
Norway, Hordaland, Os
Joined Nov 2004
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thnilsen View Post
Does anyone know where I can get hold of a connector/cable set that fits the serial1 connector on the flyduino?
Quoting myself here but I hope that's allowed... Got the delivery of the serial cables from Paul today (quick shipping as always), but it looks like there is a different plug used on Flyduino v2 (which fits the cable's being sold now I assume) and v1.1. I've got the Flyduino v1.1 and the plug is somewhat smaller by the looks of it. So the question remains, where can I find a cable/connector that will fit the serial1 interface on Flyduino v1.1.

Was hoping to start doing some OSD integration with MP, but it will have to wait till I get a cable that fits.

- Thomas
thnilsen is offline Find More Posts by thnilsen
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2011, 11:01 AM
Joined Dec 2008
120 Posts
finally... i got my first outdoor test flight with the new quad.

So far so good, Acro mode was perfect, a friend of mine, flying hard 3d heli acrobatics was impressed how stable it stay in air once the stick released.

Then i tested the stable (acc) mode and voila... not usable right now. I lowered the level P from 9.0 to 6.0 but it didn't help. It seems it stay for a couple second stable when i "hop" from ground into air but as soon as i do a smal tick to control it starts to oscilate slow but with heavy swings. Well seems i still need to do some more tweaking...

nother thing i realized is yaw is extremly slow, nearly non reacting, need to increase that.

All in all i can say it was a successfull first flight
treeda is offline Find More Posts by treeda
Old Oct 03, 2011, 11:27 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thnilsen View Post
Quoting myself here but I hope that's allowed... Got the delivery of the serial cables from Paul today (quick shipping as always), but it looks like there is a different plug used on Flyduino v2 (which fits the cable's being sold now I assume) and v1.1. I've got the Flyduino v1.1 and the plug is somewhat smaller by the looks of it. So the question remains, where can I find a cable/connector that will fit the serial1 interface on Flyduino v1.1.

Was hoping to start doing some OSD integration with MP, but it will have to wait till I get a cable that fits.

- Thomas
Had a hard time to find some cables for the 1.1, it seems its easier to change the connector on the 1.1 for beeing the same as on V2.
Its a JST-SH 1mm pitch connector in both cases, but unfortunately there are 2 heighs avaiable.
Goofy23 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy23
Old Oct 03, 2011, 11:30 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katch View Post
@Paul

Same old questions I know but...

When are the Flyduino Mega back in stock? and... how long till GPS?
this week, GPS will take longer, but be sure something nice is upcomming, will also order some fmp04 bobs this week.
Old Oct 03, 2011, 11:38 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fax8 View Post
I'm not really sure about this.... all depends on the implementation (components, circuits, etc..)
hmm, i am sure you are doing well and your imu is really well designed.
Only thing which is for sure, every additional reg gives you some more ripple rejection, some more some less and also the caps are important of course.
There shouldnt be a big difference otherwise, the 3200 is used the way you use it, i dont think the circuit is that important in that case, and yours should be better, shorter lines.
If there is a difference i think its caused by running the sensors on 2.5V or the reg. combination gives less noise and for sure the more linear regs the more ripple rejection.
But also have to say, have only a old imu here, but it gives the same stable values as the atmel does.
Old Oct 03, 2011, 11:47 AM
Nederland, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Jul 2010
992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fax8 View Post
Are you sure about this? FreeIMU uses the BMA180 which should be better than the BMA150 used in ATMEL boards. FreeIMU also uses the ITG3200 gyroscope, also used on the ATMEL boards. The HMC5883L used in FreeIMU, should be quite better than the AK8975 of ATMEL... So, on paper, FreeIMU v0.3.5 should be superior than ATMEL boards.

Have you actually compared these two boards? Results of such tests would be pretty interesting to me.
Sorry (I like to test things)

First I could see difference with the Atmel in de GUI, it is dead solid, better than I had seen before with other IMU's.

Than I run both IMU's on differtent quads, and could see the difference mentioned before so I decided to test it on the same quad: same result.

Until today ( I flew the whole day) I did not use the magno so to update:

Gyro / ACC on the Atmel slightly better than the rest (it is more stable)
Baro on the FreeIMU v0.3.5 MS, better than Atmel.
Magno holds better on the FreeIMU v0.3.5 MS

As for the size (and better baro/magno) I would go for the FreeIMU v0.3.5 MS

So now waiting for a better Gyro (AND GPS)

//Frank
Frank.T is offline Find More Posts by Frank.T
Old Oct 03, 2011, 12:47 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts

so far i got with a little testbuild with BMA020 and WMP clone
Last edited by Goofy23; Oct 03, 2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old Oct 03, 2011, 01:12 PM
Joined Jul 2011
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post

so far i got with a little testbuild with BMA020 and WMP org.
Yes, that's it!
Paul, you just figured out anther way for wiring things ups (one I never thought about).
The WMP can also be connected to the 6-pin row on the right. Both 6-pin rows carry the same signals. One was intended for connecting the WMP or FreeIMU too, the other one is used for connecting the board to the Flyduino --> DIVIDE is used as a sensor BOB.

Paul, were did you get the black Pro-Mini from? And, I also want to have this locking connectors (used by Paul on the LiPo-Monitor)

Rgds
aBUGSworstnightmare

Paul, you're right! Y4 and BI were not needed (Y4 is there, BI is rare..)
aBUGSnightmare is offline Find More Posts by aBUGSnightmare
Old Oct 03, 2011, 01:27 PM
Germany
Joined Mar 2011
57 Posts
The black board, is a dfrduino pro mini
x4FF3 is offline Find More Posts by x4FF3
Old Oct 03, 2011, 03:03 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
yes it is,b but in 2 weeks i will have a own mini in matt black too.
Jörg i can send you a bunch of those connectors, no problem.
Old Oct 03, 2011, 05:58 PM
Joined Dec 2008
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funfox View Post
Still having problems with the ACC. Mostly when I like to start the copter in ACC mode, the copter goes directly in a 30° possition, so I have to brakeup the starting or risk the copter will go overhaed while starting. If I switsh off the ACC mode the copter will rise normal with a bit sidewards flying.
Why will the copter lift only one side by starting under ACC??? If I controll the GUI the ACC will shows 0/0/254. Do the BMA020 need a way sidewards to find the horizontal?!?
having the same problem. I used the link Fabio mentioned and it seems to startstraight up now, but it quickly gets into an oscilating state (level P = 6) seems i still have to tune around with the P value of level
Old Oct 03, 2011, 07:54 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aBUGSnightmare View Post
English text in red colour!

LOR]

Hier noch die Hinweise zum Sketch:
Das #define für den ATAVRSBIN1 in der Datei config.h kann für das DIVIDE-Board nicht benutzt werden. Dies liegt daran, dass die Ausrichtung der Sensoren beim DIVIDE um 90° im Uhrzeigersinn gedreht ist.
Also, einfach die Einzelsensoren auskommentieten!

The hint on the sketch:
The #define for the ATAVRSBIN1 in the file config.h can not be used fort he DIVIDE-board. That’s because the sensor orientation differs on the DIVIDE (sensors were rotated 90° clockwise).
So, simply uncomment the seperate sensors.

//if you use independent sensors
//leave it commented it you already checked a specific board above
/* I2C gyroscope */
#define ITG3200
//#define L3G4200D

/* I2C accelerometer */
//#define ADXL345
#define BMA020
//#define BMA180
//#define NUNCHACK // if you want to use the nunckuk as a standalone I2C ACC without WMP
//#define LIS3LV02

/* I2C barometer */
#define BMP085 // only uncomment when using the ATAVRSBP1
//#define MS561101BA //non tested

/* I2C magnetometer */
//#define HMC5843
//#define HMC5883
#define AK8975
//if you want to change to orientation of individual sensor
// sensor orientation for the ATAVRSBIN1 on the DIVIDE et IMPERA! V2
#define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {accADC[ROLL] = -X; accADC[PITCH] = -Y; accADC[YAW] = Z;}
#define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] = X; gyroADC[PITCH] = Y; gyroADC[YAW] = Z;}
#define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {magADC[ROLL] = X; magADC[PITCH] = Y; magADC[YAW] = Z;}

Alle genannten Änderungen werden in der Datei config.h gemacht.
All changes needs to be made in config.h file.

Have fun!
aBUGSworstnightmare
or simply ignore the arrow printed on board for the atmels and use the define for the ATAVR
Old Oct 04, 2011, 06:13 AM
FC flux'd
Joined Jan 2007
537 Posts
Right v1.2 or v2 Flydusense; that is the question.

I'm about to move from Mini to Mega and I think the Flyduino board is going to be for me.

I want to end up with a FC that has all the usual sensors and GPS and Sonar. I have a FreeIMU as well as several individual BoBs that I might want to use.

I prefer the square form factor of the 1.2 Flydusense as it matches up nicely with the Mega and the power distro board.

Are there any compelling reasons to choose the v2 over the v1.2?
Katch is offline Find More Posts by Katch
Old Oct 04, 2011, 06:34 AM
Joined Dec 2008
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katch View Post
Are there any compelling reasons to choose the v2 over the v1.2?

Yes...
- integrated LLC
- integrated LED Driver if you want to use LED Strips as Status LED and don't want to have an external LED Driver
- Board can be rotated to support X and + mode easily

but how you weigh and need them, thats up to you personally my fav is being flexibile for rotating it (and i like round things :-) )
Old Oct 04, 2011, 09:41 AM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
@paul

will u offer a round cover plate for the V2 in ur shop, similar to the square plate http://flyduino.net/Deckplatte-Schwarz-matt ?
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind