HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 30, 2011, 03:28 PM
United States, PA, Greene
Joined Jan 2005
314 Posts
Wow, flips that close to the ground---you must have nerves of steel----and the skill to go with it.
The 500 gear looks great.

st99
st99 is offline Find More Posts by st99
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2011, 03:40 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by claustro View Post
ok so
the 3 pin connector from esc go where it say motr 1 2 3 4 5 6 according to the scheme ( tri quad octo ecc) in my case quad x shaped
Front right to 5
Rear right to 3
Rear left to 6
Front left to 2
The motors connection rack is composed by 3 pin for red black and yellow line, if I am using an external bec so I suppouse I can use only the black and red wire and leave without pin the middle line of pin marked as NC, is it ok?
So black on GND red on 13 and nothing on NC Is this correct?

what are used for serial 1 and serial 2?
Where I have to connect the BEC 5volts?
Have I to connect the red wire of battery on the IN pin ( 12 volts) also if I will use a separate bec?
in the lower right part ther are six pin ( CAM Gimbal) what are they used for?
I am still waiting the receiver ( economic turnigy x9) , so I don't know what kind connection it has, where i can take the power for it?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE !!!
There is nothing on the NC pins, motor 2 have the 5V connected, if you short the jumper besides it you will get power from your ESC, one way.
The other IN to the lipo + and - to lipo , then dont short the jumper.
Goofy23 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy23
Old Aug 30, 2011, 03:47 PM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
@Claustro
Ok you have the motor connections right, Nc means not connected so you DONT have to remove the red + wire as the pin on the flyduino isnt connected, makes it simpler doesn't it, no worries about ground loops there.
Forget the serial's for now, they are for GPS when that is eventually coded
You can connect a positive feed from your power setup(the lipo) to the IN pin, that gives a regulated power supply to the board, that is what Paul(the flyduino designer) recomends. You dont need to worry about a negative because that comes from your ESC's.Most of us dont use that method we fit a jumper(ordiary computer jumper)on the two pins in the top right corner above pin numbers 0 and 1 that then uses the BEC's from the ESC's to power the board, it is the circled bit on the diagram as paul mentioned in the previous post.

Cam Gimbal is for servo's to control a camera, i suggest you forget them untill later and concentrate on getting the quad flying first.
the RX will be powered from the RX pins on the board so its just a matter of fitting leads from throttle etc on the board to your RX when it arrives

Ray
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Old Aug 30, 2011, 05:13 PM
Deutschland, SH, Kiel
Joined Jul 2011
509 Posts
Paul, can you tell me why the modification of the Flydusense 2 is neccesary?

I cannot figure it out for sure. I would like to understand that before ic cut holes into my board.

AAAND:

Do I need the Pullups and the LLC if I use BMA020 and WM+ ??
I am not sure, is there an example how to wire the Flydusense V2?
I don't want to break something.
jevermeister is offline Find More Posts by jevermeister
Old Aug 30, 2011, 06:06 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
it only if you want to use the transistor or the voltage divider, if not keep it as it is.
Goofy23 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy23
Old Aug 31, 2011, 12:30 AM
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Joined Mar 2007
285 Posts
I have been waiting for a while for Jussi's and Fabio's IMU to be ready, and they sold out on saturday while I was out for the weekend. So, as I'm tired of waiting, my plan is to simply add a barometer and magnetometer to my Flydusense v1.1.

I'm currently using a WMP and a BMA020, I plan to buy a BMP085 and a HMC5843 from sparkfun (are those the best choices?) and I want to know how I would mount them in the Flydusense. I suppose it is in the underside since the top is full with the WMP and the BMA020.

Has anyone tried that before? Any pictures?

Thanks!
OrlandoP is offline Find More Posts by OrlandoP
Old Aug 31, 2011, 01:48 AM
Deutschland, SH, Kiel
Joined Jul 2011
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post
it only if you want to use the transistor or the voltage divider, if not keep it as it is.
And What about the Pullups`? Do I need them for BMA020?

Nils
Old Aug 31, 2011, 02:37 AM
Joined Aug 2011
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteturbo View Post
@Claustro
You can connect a positive feed from your power setup(the lipo) to the IN pin, that gives a regulated power supply to the board, that is what Paul(the flyduino designer) recomends. You dont need to worry about a negative because that comes from your ESC's.
Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post
There is nothing on the NC pins, motor 2 have the 5V connected, if you short the jumper besides it you will get power from your ESC, one way.
The other IN to the lipo + and - to lipo , then dont short the jumper.

Thank you very much for your very clear explanations.
so if I undestand correctly there are 3 options for give current to the board

1) Using the 5 volts form esc and using the jumper as indicated
2) using the lipo directly (12v) on the board + on IN pad - from connected esc.
3) if you use an external bec to feed from an external bec 5v and gnd on the pins near to the reset pins.

I'll use a flydusense v2 so i suppouse I have to port a wire there GND SDA SCL ( where is printed TO FFIMU).
Reagarding the current to the sensor board where I can take it ( 5 volts I think)
On internet I found this photo but it seems that the alimentation for sensor board is coming from 3v 5v pin where I thought would be connected the external bec ( 5v in from regulator and ground on the scheme).

Thank you guys you are so kind!!
claustro is offline Find More Posts by claustro
Old Aug 31, 2011, 07:38 AM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jevermeister View Post
And What about the Pullups`? Do I need them for BMA020?

Nils
no. bma020 + wmp do not need extra pullups.
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
Old Aug 31, 2011, 07:45 AM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoP View Post
I have been waiting for a while for Jussi's and Fabio's IMU to be ready, and they sold out on saturday while I was out for the weekend. So, as I'm tired of waiting, my plan is to simply add a barometer and magnetometer to my Flydusense v1.1.

I'm currently using a WMP and a BMA020, I plan to buy a BMP085 and a HMC5843 from sparkfun (are those the best choices?) and I want to know how I would mount them in the Flydusense. I suppose it is in the underside since the top is full with the WMP and the BMA020.

Has anyone tried that before? Any pictures?

Thanks!
i put all 4 sensors on top of flydusense,maybe i will move the bmp085 to the downside - its not glued now...

the advantage of 4 single sensors is, that you can swap every single sensor later, if its gone, or there come better sensors.
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
Last edited by alteskind; Aug 31, 2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 07:48 AM
Deutschland, SH, Kiel
Joined Jul 2011
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteskind View Post
i put all 4 sensors on top of flydusense,maybe i put the bmp085 to the downside - its not glued now...

the advantage of 4 single sensors is, that you can swap every single sensor later, if its gone, or there come better sensors.
I ask myself the same question.
I wondered (and asked the question a few days before) if it is allowed to mount a barometer upside down.
I heard it is absoulutely ok, as for the compass I am not sure what to do, I ordered a BMP085 and a Compass from eBay they are way smaller and my fit upon my Flydusense 2.
I want to try not to introduce a new layer onto my stack.

Nils
Old Aug 31, 2011, 08:33 AM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by claustro View Post
Thank you very much for your very clear explanations.
so if I undestand correctly there are 3 options for give current to the board

1) Using the 5 volts form esc and using the jumper as indicated
2) using the lipo directly (12v) on the board + on IN pad - from connected esc.
3) if you use an external bec to feed from an external bec 5v and gnd on the pins near to the reset pins.

I'll use a flydusense v2 so i suppouse I have to port a wire there GND SDA SCL ( where is printed TO FFIMU).
Reagarding the current to the sensor board where I can take it ( 5 volts I think)
On internet I found this photo but it seems that the alimentation for sensor board is coming from 3v 5v pin where I thought would be connected the external bec ( 5v in from regulator and ground on the scheme).

Thank you guys you are so kind!!
Hi,

I have powered my boards using method 1 and 2 and no problems, have not tried 3 so cant comment.

I have the exact same setup as on your jpeg, genuine WMP and bma020, and my connections are ground, 5v,SCL,SDA, i did have the 3.3v connected as well but i seem to have cut the wire as its not needed and it works perfectly without it. If my WMP was a clone i would probably leave the 3.3v in place and maybe disconect the 5v. The BMA020 works fine with 3.3 or 5 volts.
I dont understand why you would want to power the sensors any other way than through the Flyduino, thats what it was built to do.

Ray
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Old Aug 31, 2011, 09:00 AM
Joined Jul 2011
188 Posts
Hi Nils,

you can mount both sensors upside down. The magneto needs to be calibrated and you can (but must not) change its orientation in the sketch (-z).

aBUGSworstnightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevermeister View Post
I ask myself the same question.
I wondered (and asked the question a few days before) if it is allowed to mount a barometer upside down.
I heard it is absoulutely ok, as for the compass I am not sure what to do, I ordered a BMP085 and a Compass from eBay they are way smaller and my fit upon my Flydusense 2.
I want to try not to introduce a new layer onto my stack.

Nils
aBUGSnightmare is offline Find More Posts by aBUGSnightmare
Old Aug 31, 2011, 09:26 AM
Joined Mar 2010
454 Posts
guys i am onto learning programming. Which way i should walk?
ferdous7466 is offline Find More Posts by ferdous7466
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:36 AM
Joined May 2008
488 Posts
Removed
JohnyGab is offline Find More Posts by JohnyGab
Last edited by JohnyGab; Aug 31, 2011 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Error