HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2011, 03:18 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
seems to match fine, but need some further test.
Goofy23 is online now Find More Posts by Goofy23
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:14 PM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
716 Posts
My New Multi's

Hi,
This is my Flyduino, I extended the arms 10 mm for motor protection and made a new bottom plate without the lightening holes, The arms are 12mm as i couldnt find 10mm in the UK at the time.Motors are RC Timer BL-2830/11 which are 1000 kv. I Watt metered the motors with 8x4.5(Flyduino) props and at full blast i got 12.4 amps and that was after letting it run for 20 secs. So im using Turnigy Plush 10 amp ESC's which are good for 12 amp burst and the TX is set for about 90% throttle which i will never use. The IMU is a jussi board and of course a flyduino FC, undercarrage is from a 450 pro. Im using Alex's latest V1.8 code.
She flies well, but im having trouble with the stable mode in V1.8 but it will be OK when i get used to the new code(i hope).

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...=4229655&stc=1

The Orange Quad was loosely based on the Flyduino to aid orientation and it is very promising so far, its fast and agile and very easy to fly. Its 220 mm M2M and you can get some idea of its size by the jpeg of it on the computer chair. Flyduino FC and flydubution Power Bob and the Allinone IMU from Ebay. Motors are A2208/14 12A 1450KV from Giant Cod They were cheap and i have already swapped a motor out because the bearings were starting to let go. But they will have to do untill i get round to changing them for some KEDA 20 50s which i have an idea are not as powerful, we shall see.

Thanks for looking
Ray
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Old Aug 23, 2011, 12:24 AM
Able to learn fly
Deutschland, BY, München
Joined Aug 2011
28 Posts
Hey Paul, nice work, looks great!
I think I will order one when it's in your shop.
Galumbo is offline Find More Posts by Galumbo
Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:56 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
Ray, Looks Great, really apreciate all the infos you gave us, as there are so many options out there for choosing motors etc., thanks.

I hope to have the gps aproved soon, but as i didnt do much with it before istruggle a bit, see the pirate thread.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:24 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
GPS Works, pretty nice singal, 10 satelites in front of my pc, ceiling above and window away, wow.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:59 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
it seems the PA6 is discontinued, so we have to change again, i may will concentrate on the FMP04 and will care for some of them so the europenas will have a easy chance to have them too.
This module seems to have a really really well signal reception, i absolute cant complain, the big 5x5cm gnd lane is working perfect and gives quite some gain it seems, this is how it mounted it first.

But also behind the box, covered from it, in front of the monitor i was able to get 10 satelites! (but he took some time to get 10, he started with 7-8 and went to 9-10, even in this very covered area).
not too bad, it seems i will be able to fly indoor with GPS, ok the roof is above me
, but i am inside a house!
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:06 AM
Joined Jul 2011
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post
it seems the PA6 is discontinued, so we have to change again, i may will concentrate on the FMP04 and will care for some of them so the europenas will have a easy chance to have them too.
This module seems to have a really really well signal reception, i absolute cant complain, the big 5x5cm gnd lane is working perfect and gives quite some gain it seems, this is how it mounted it first.

But also behind the box, covered from it, in front of the monitor i was able to get 10 satelites! (but he took some time to get 10, he started with 7-8 and went to 9-10, even in this very covered area).
not too bad, it seems i will be able to fly indoor with GPS, ok the roof is above me
, but i am inside a house!
Hi Paul,

what about using this little beauty? It's a SiRFstarIV chip solution and verry small (28x16mm). The self-assisted CGEE could be a benefit too.
And - the best of all: it's cheap!

aBUGSworstnightmare
aBUGSnightmare is offline Find More Posts by aBUGSnightmare
Old Aug 24, 2011, 08:47 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
looking good, ok the mediatek have more channels and i cant read the update rate?
But if you know a source, please PM, i will be glad to test a sample, and would even glader to have a cheap and good solution.
Years ago those sirf chipset been the best avaiable, know that from my first car gps, but time.....

Also can get the FMP04 which is aproved, but i cant get much better prices then oharap offers, so its more interessting for europeans, but i would be able to stock a few.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 03:19 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,218 Posts
Wow, Paul.
Your li'l shop starts to turn into a warehouse for multirotors.

So only Escs are missing for a complete build?
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2011, 04:00 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
got much less sendings then i expected today, no quadplates, no flyduino, no aluarms,we will see, tomorrow some things should arrive, sorry for the dealy, i ship when i have the items, the MWC board will take a bit longer.
motors are not, far also.
Yep ESC are missing till now.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:04 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
johey arms will come tonight.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 09:08 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
testmounted the frames.
looking good, very easy now with the premade arms, some screws done....
Will stock them today in the shop, quadplates are also here.

Last edited by Goofy23; Aug 26, 2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 09:31 AM
United States, PA, Greene
Joined Jan 2005
313 Posts
Looks nice.
st99 is online now Find More Posts by st99
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:10 AM
Deutschland, SH, Kiel
Joined Jul 2011
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post
testmounted the frames.
looking good, very easy now with the premade arms, some screws done....
Will stock them today in the shop, quadplates are also here.

Do you have arms that are colored but not predrilled?

Nils
jevermeister is offline Find More Posts by jevermeister
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:53 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
yes i have some undrilled not colored, but i would suggest that spray it yourself with a spraycan, its easier then drilling the arms?
Also they are anodized the spraycolor should last ok.
Have also a little powder coating system but its too much effort.