Old Aug 19, 2011, 09:27 PM
CNC Cutter
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2005
8,494 Posts
If you have Futabe FASST system it will most likely "DO IT" as it has S2
which I believe is "the same thing".

My new T8FGsuper seems to indicate it.
I guess I never realised that DIGITAL Servos were made for that use.
I previously thought they simply had digital encoders instead of Potentiometers. Duhhh ?
I now know that they can each be individually addressed and programmed also.

It's new to me as I just WON IT last weekend at an Aero Tow raffle :-)

Bob
birdofplay is online now Find More Posts by birdofplay
Last edited by birdofplay; Aug 19, 2011 at 09:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2011, 01:48 AM
Deutschland, SA
Joined May 2011
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by st99 View Post
Just wondering. Is PP SUM really worth doing the change over.?
It is when you take a converter in the sense no change. It is an extension of the existing receiver. Not anymore. So an alternative.
Necessary if the two outputs of the Arduino 328 Breadboards needed.

hubibubi
hubibubi is offline Find More Posts by hubibubi
Old Aug 20, 2011, 07:10 AM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
711 Posts
Warthox Board

Hi,

On the Warthox board can someone explain to me on the I2C what D12 is, i think its 5v but i am often wrong lol.
also what is the 5v on the end of the row? and why have we got D12 and the 5v.

I am asking because i have a hacked ITG3205 and a BMA020 and on the Flyduino it all works perfect, powered by 5v(for the bma020) and 3.3v(for the itg3205)

That dont work on the Warthox board even though i checked that i was really getting 3.3v. But if i power the ITG3205 from D12 it seems to work fine and the BMA020 i am powering from the 5v pin.

I am electronically dyslexic so i bumble along, and i can usually make things work eventually, but i often dont know how or why, so my main concern is the ITG3205 braking down from being powered from D12 and falling out of the sky. Also should i move the powering of the BMA020 to D12 as well?

thats technobabble if ever i saw it.

Ray
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Old Aug 20, 2011, 07:40 AM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteturbo View Post
Hi,

On the Warthox board can someone explain to me on the I2C what D12 is, i think its 5v but i am often wrong lol.
also what is the 5v on the end of the row? and why have we got D12 and the 5v.

I am asking because i have a hacked ITG3205 and a BMA020 and on the Flyduino it all works perfect, powered by 5v(for the bma020) and 3.3v(for the itg3205)

That dont work on the Warthox board even though i checked that i was really getting 3.3v. But if i power the ITG3205 from D12 it seems to work fine and the BMA020 i am powering from the 5v pin.

I am electronically dyslexic so i bumble along, and i can usually make things work eventually, but i often dont know how or why, so my main concern is the ITG3205 braking down from being powered from D12 and falling out of the sky. Also should i move the powering of the BMA020 to D12 as well?

thats technobabble if ever i saw it.

Ray
D12 is 5V , resetable.

you can power both from D12, if u just switched off the chip on the wmp and connect 5v to the wmp-pcb as if it wasnt hacked....

if 3205 is cut out it needs 3,3V, u better connect like this http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=16946

i
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
Old Aug 20, 2011, 07:49 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
Yes the D12 are 5V which comes out of a CPU output, its simply a output switched to high level.
The regular 5V are not going over the cpu, they are there always even if the CPU resets.
The D12 causing a restet if the CPU resets.
Sorry its may a bad explanation.
As Alex wrote its only makes sense on some clones, which dont mean your hacked 3205 as this should regarded now as a directly connected I2C sensor.
Its a bit strange, i would say it should definetly work with the 3.3V you have on the MWC, 5V is too much as the datasheet says and the restet function the D12 pin have may makes no sense in this aplication.
Goofy23 is online now Find More Posts by Goofy23
Old Aug 20, 2011, 08:16 AM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post
Yes the D12 are 5V which comes out of a CPU output, its simply a output switched to high level.
The regular 5V are not going over the cpu, they are there always even if the CPU resets.
The D12 causing a restet if the CPU resets.
Sorry its may a bad explanation.
As Alex wrote its only makes sense on some clones, which dont mean your hacked 3205 as this should regarded now as a directly connected I2C sensor.
Its a bit strange, i would say it should definetly work with the 3.3V you have on the MWC, 5V is too much as the datasheet says and the restet function the D12 pin have may makes no sense in this aplication.
Paul,Alteskind,

The Itg3205(non blob) isnt cut off the WMP but three legs of the chip are disconnected, it worked fine off the 3.3v on the Flyduino but i never tryed 5v so i dont know if it would have worked. When i connect it to the 3.3v on the warthox board i got negative values in the Gui and no movement, so no good, thats when i tryed D12 and it worked as before.Maybe because i dont know what im doing i try things that i shouldnt.

Ray
Old Aug 20, 2011, 08:46 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
i think jevermeister using 5V too for powering the 3205, its outside the specs, but he have it working for a longer time now.
If you use the D12 its 5V, you may can use 2 or 3 regular, not shottky, diodes to get the voltage down a bit.
As far i rememember you are using a Low drop regulator and have some caps (the exact value isnt that important) also you are meassuring 3.3V on the 3.3V pin?
Those regulators are no miracle, in with higher voltage, out with the value the regulator states, a bigger cap on the output for getting it rock solid, and a small one on the input to get rid of some RF noise.
You said you cutted some legs, so i think you adress the itg3205 now directly, its the same like on a imu now.
What i enocutered, the values for the pullups are mostly very low on the 3205 wmp clones, i enocountered 1.8K, may here is some improvement to do.
The problem is taking a bigger value in parallel will make the value even lower, but this aproach can be the wrong one also, simply dont know.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 08:53 AM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
711 Posts
Paul,
You are right because i have to select the ITG3200 when loading the code, I will just try it out for a while, if it works, fine. if it fails lets hope it isnt too high in the sky!

Ray
Old Aug 20, 2011, 09:32 AM
Deutschland, SH, Kiel
Joined Jul 2011
509 Posts
Quote:
i think jevermeister using 5V too for powering the 3205, its outside the specs, but he have it working for a longer time now.
If you use the D12 its 5V, you may can use 2 or 3 regular, not shottky, diodes to get the voltage down a bit.
As far i rememember you are using a Low drop regulator and have some caps (the exact value isnt that important) also you are meassuring 3.3V on the 3.3V pin?
Those regulators are no miracle, in with higher voltage, out with the value the regulator states, a bigger cap on the output for getting it rock solid, and a small one on the input to get rid of some RF noise.
You said you cutted some legs, so i think you adress the itg3205 now directly, its the same like on a imu now.
What i enocutered, the values for the pullups are mostly very low on the 3205 wmp clones, i enocountered 1.8K, may here is some improvement to do.
The problem is taking a bigger value in parallel will make the value even lower, but this aproach can be the wrong one also, simply dont know.
I connected everything like it is shown on the beginning of this thread. I did not notice i made a mistake .

So I should go into revision tonight.

Oh hell - Baro and compass are working, so cool
jevermeister is offline Find More Posts by jevermeister
Old Aug 20, 2011, 09:40 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
i just read a few days ago you are using 5V for powering the idg3205, i didnt comented cause you said its working good since longer, so well, i dont know everything and never touch a running system.
Only thing i can say, the 3200/3205 have 3.6V max. in the datasheet.
Do you connected it like a regular WMP, it seems, it can be you have a version with onboard regulator, so you are completely fine with that.
As far i know most 3205 clones dont have this reg. onboard (the org. WMP and the IDG655 clones have one) so in my eyes 3.3V powering is a must in this case.
But as i said yours may have it.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 09:45 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
i hope you config is fine ray, really cant explain the missng function on 3.3V, really should be the same as on flyduino and there is no miracle with these powering options and design wise its easy stuff.
As i said i am a fan of "never touch a running system" so i would stick with that soultion too, as you builded quite some copters and surely have developed a "feeling" for this kind of stuff.
Only thing i may would do, take 2 diodes in parallel, or at least one, and let the D12 go over that to reduce the voltage a bit, so you should be safe.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 12:18 PM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
711 Posts
Paul,

Its really weird, i tried powering from the 3.3v and nothing then the 5v and still nothing but it runs fine on D12.
I have just put it through its paces and flew for nearly an hour and no problems at all. I have some diodes in my box somewhere, wouldnt hurt to try making up a short lead with the diodes, i am a bit concerned, but as you say if it works i am reluctant to change it. As they say where i come from"if it aint broke dont fix it".

Ray
Old Aug 20, 2011, 01:19 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
thats weird, as the 5V are the 5V which let your CPU work and will supply the D12 with power, really really strange.
But ok at least the results arent too bad.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 02:22 PM
Deutschland, SH, Kiel
Joined Jul 2011
509 Posts
Quote:
i just read a few days ago you are using 5V for powering the idg3205, i didnt comented cause you said its working good since longer, so well, i dont know everything and never touch a running system.
Only thing i can say, the 3200/3205 have 3.6V max. in the datasheet.
Do you connected it like a regular WMP, it seems, it can be you have a version with onboard regulator, so you are completely fine with that.
As far i know most 3205 clones dont have this reg. onboard (the org. WMP and the IDG655 clones have one) so in my eyes 3.3V powering is a must in this case.
But as i said yours may have it.
Hm since I use your sensor bob Paul, I think everything is connected as it should, I connected the Bob to the flyduino using the pictures in the thread and the bob to the Original WMP using the pictured howto. (the one where the whole disassembling process is shown)

I just flew five LiPos in a row without any crash - my personal record so far, two of them using FPV.
I tested Comapss mode and it works, Baro is far from perfect, I think I should shield it more.

Nils
jevermeister is offline Find More Posts by jevermeister
Old Aug 20, 2011, 06:08 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
as murphy said, "never touch a runnng system".
I cant really say there are so many WMP versions out there, yours may have a onboard reg?
My bob should give 3 options of powering the wmp 5V 3.3V and D37 (same as D12 in function).
I will skip the D37/D12 support in future versions as i dont really see a need for it (and hope also rays sensors will continue to work ).