HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2011, 06:34 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
BTW BMA020 are back in Stock on www.flyduino.com, received the delivery a second ago.
Goofy23 is online now Find More Posts by Goofy23
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2011, 06:48 AM
Paris, France
Joined Jun 2009
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteturbo View Post
Something is not quite right here and i couldnt put my finger on it. Now it has come to me!
If your using the Mini Pro setup you only have aux1 available so how do you switch the barometer and mag as well as the ACC.
Sorry if im being thick and not seeing the obvious but could someone put me out of my misery because i cant figure it out.

Ray(i like round)
Hi,
I think Markus uses a PPM sum receiver, so all the 8 channels are available.
By the way, it's possible to activate more than 1 functionality to a switch position.
for instance:
low: acro only
middle: level+mag
high: level+mag+baro
Alexinparis is offline Find More Posts by Alexinparis
Old Aug 19, 2011, 06:54 AM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Something is not quite right here and i couldnt put my finger on it. Now it has come to me!
If your using the Mini Pro setup you only have aux1 available so how do you switch the barometer and mag as well as the ACC.
Sorry if im being thick and not seeing the obvious but could someone put me out of my misery because i cant figure it out.

Ray(i like round)
there are multiple choices in 3 rows in GUI for activating sensors.

f.e. mag always on, + acc on step 2, an acc + baro on step3

as there are 4 possible choices of combining 3 sensors,
with AUX1 only you will not be able to switch every combination, at least one sensor has to be left on or off, or you must switch 2 sensors at once...

think MAG could be activated all the time, as its a nice, not disturbing feature....

level - x x

baro - - x

mag x x x

if choice of none sensors is wanted, 2 of the sensors can be switched together only.

edit: war wohl zu langsam
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
Old Aug 19, 2011, 07:07 AM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
711 Posts
Thank you Alex and Alteskind things are a bit clearer now.
i know PPM sum is all the RX signals going down one line, but not many Rx's are able to do this and i use orange Rx's with a DX8, is there a way to mod the Rx or do i have to buy a special(expensive) Rx if i want to go that way?

Ray
whiteturbo is online now Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Old Aug 19, 2011, 07:39 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
one way would be going the frsky route, RX and TX are pretty cheap and good, there is a RX version with PPM quite cheap avaiable.
Another route will be a PPM converter, there a re several avaiable, its planed to have one own in the future in my shop, but this will take some time (not the highest on the priority list)

I dont know your TX well, but if you have a 3 way switch on it you can be fine with one channnel, as alex described.
Last edited by Goofy23; Aug 19, 2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 07:44 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Ray, use an Acro (airplane) program with your DX8. This will map the 3-pos Flap (flightmode - Heli) switch to channel 5.... at least that is how my X9303 does it....
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2011, 08:28 AM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
711 Posts
Thank you all for your help i think that i will keep the Flyduino's for the IMU's
and not have to worry about inputs and keep the Warthox board for fun flying, and letting mates have a fly, and only have a gyro and ACC on that one.
I might change my mind later on though when the Fabio/Jussi board becomes available

Ray
whiteturbo is online now Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:05 PM
Joined Jul 2011
188 Posts
Quote:
Thank you all for your help i think that i will keep the Flyduino's for the IMU's
and not have to worry about inputs and keep the Warthox board for fun flying, and letting mates have a fly, and only have a gyro and ACC on that one.
I might change my mind later on though when the Fabio/Jussi board becomes available

Ray
Hi Ray,

you can use a PPM encoder (look this one: http://h9z6z.kmn9z.servertrust.com/P...ctCode=BR-PPME), or a 1hoch4 Spektrum to PPM (you only need to connect a Spetrum ssatellite; find it here http://www.1hoch4.net/shop/product_i...products_id=41).

Rgds
aBUGsworstnightmare
aBUGSnightmare is offline Find More Posts by aBUGSnightmare
Old Aug 19, 2011, 01:30 PM
Nederland, Gelderland, Meteren
Joined Dec 2010
202 Posts
You can also go for a really small solution http://www.deltang.co.uk/
KeesvR is offline Find More Posts by KeesvR
Old Aug 19, 2011, 01:31 PM
Deutschland, SH, Kiel
Joined Jul 2011
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aBUGSnightmare View Post
Hi Ray,

you can use a PPM encoder (look this one: http://h9z6z.kmn9z.servertrust.com/P...ctCode=BR-PPME), or a 1hoch4 Spektrum to PPM (you only need to connect a Spetrum ssatellite; find it here http://www.1hoch4.net/shop/product_i...products_id=41).

Rgds
aBUGsworstnightmare
Try the QuadroPPM12 from www.qccopter.com, this board is faboulus, I use it myself, and since 1.8 it works with multiwii without code modification.

Nils
jevermeister is offline Find More Posts by jevermeister
Old Aug 19, 2011, 02:35 PM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jevermeister View Post
Try the QuadroPPM12 from www.qccopter.com, this board is faboulus, I use it myself, and since 1.8 it works with multiwii without code modification.

Nils
i like the the frsky solution most

this one makes your Tx frequency hopping and gives possibility for cheap and reliable ppm Rx. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Y_Module_.html

+ this ppm receiver http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...hannel_RX.html

btw, Tx hack module + Rx are still cheaper than quadroppm
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
Old Aug 19, 2011, 03:42 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
have to say i also love the frsky, those cheap recievers will give me a cheap RX option for my whole fleet (ok which more planed then build right now, but you know me, planing never ends)
Old Aug 19, 2011, 03:46 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
oh and another thing.
I didnt spend much time on it, but some people relly love the open LRS system, seems to abe great initiative but also a story for their own.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 05:09 PM
Deutschland, SA
Joined May 2011
47 Posts
Quote:
Thank you Alex and Alteskind things are a bit clearer now.
i know PPM sum is all the RX signals going down one line, but not many Rx's are able to do this and i use orange Rx's with a DX8, is there a way to mod the Rx or do i have to buy a special(expensive) Rx if i want to go that way?

Ray
Now I would also like to contribute my 5 cents, because I own both systems and have also been tested for a while.
QuadroPPM12, suggests that you have an OrangeRX and the module for this to work properly, I've also tested this receiver with my DX6i. Moreover, even Flysky FS-8b, Spectrum AR6000, FrSky V8FR, V8R7 and V8R4 receivers.

FrSky with hack and module e.g. V8R7SP, which has the SUM signal is not too bad, I'm also in use and also, well, too.
Disadvantage of radio is that there are multiple memory model, but are not bound as in the Spektrum for each recipient, but as with many transmitters the case, the station also responds to multiple recipients simultaneously bound. This struck me already undoing my leg and slots.

My tenor for you, stick to your good Spektrum and put you to the QuadroPPM12 is really great.
hubibubi is offline Find More Posts by hubibubi
Old Aug 19, 2011, 08:25 PM
United States, PA, Greene
Joined Jan 2005
312 Posts
Pp sum

Just wondering. Is PP SUM really worth doing the change over.?
st99 is offline Find More Posts by st99