SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 17, 2011, 12:44 PM
pbw
arachnida
Belgium, Flanders, Antwerp
Joined Aug 2008
226 Posts
Paul, please keep the name! I was only joking but do like all the reactions on the subject!

And next project make a five legged multikopter, I don't know any animal with five legs!
pbw is online now Find More Posts by pbw
Last edited by pbw; Aug 17, 2011 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Typo
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2011, 05:57 PM
Deutschland, SH, Kiel
Joined Jul 2011
509 Posts
Quote:
i think the Flyduspider stays the Flyduspider, it s a unique name, at least, and most copter fliers are no biologist i think.
Me likes that!!!!!

Paul, are you planning a Sensor Bob that can take the WM+, the BMA020, a magnetometer and a baro?

My selfmade stuff really sucks...

Nils
jevermeister is offline Find More Posts by jevermeister
Old Aug 17, 2011, 06:28 PM
United States, PA, Greene
Joined Jan 2005
314 Posts
Fast shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post
i think the Flyduspider stays the Flyduspider, it s a unique name, at least, and most copter fliers are no biologist i think.
Hey Paul,
Just received my flyduspider frame today. Wow.!!! That some super fast shipping to Pennsylvania.

I ordered (in stock) 7 plush esc's from HK, at the same time that I ordered the frame from you, and the ESC's have not came yet.

The quality of thoes frames are super.!!------- really happy about that.
Well, off to lowe's or home depot to get some aluminum square for the legs.

Thanks,
st99
st99 is offline Find More Posts by st99
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:26 PM
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jevermeister View Post
Me likes that!!!!!

Paul, are you planning a Sensor Bob that can take the WM+, the BMA020, a magnetometer and a baro?

My selfmade stuff really sucks...

Nils
i am going to put my 4 sensors to the good old flydusense sensor bob.

in order to get some more room i will cut my wmp-clone and maybe even hook up the itg3205 to the bma020 as juergen did http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=290153

allinone IMUs are not expensive anymore, but i like the option of changing single sensors if necessary or wanted
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:15 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
many thanks ST99.

To ad more sensors is allready possible, but hm may in a new version, dont have any Sparkfun sensors here, will see.

I put the Flydusense V2 in the shop.

It will include a vibration dampening a LLC, a LED driver and a voltage divider.
All parts needed will be suplied.

One important note:
when you want to use the led driver and voltage divider features you have to mod a bit, sorry, its really a eagle mistake the file was edited, but the gerber export took for some unknown reasons the old version.

cut the traces as showen and solder a cable.
This is just if you want to use the voltage divider or led driver, if not no mod is needed!
The LLC works great as the sensors does.
All parts will be suplied.

This picures are showing the SMD leds mounted.

I took 3 blue one on the front with 200ohm (for directly 3s), in the back i took 2 red ones, the pad named LED is the in for the rear leds, will be good to connect a cpu pin to it, like the stable led or the low batt warning.
I took 180ohm (for the 5v directly from the arduino, dont draw too much here!), but less would good too, only had those 180 ohm.
Take a led calculator for your led to get the right resistor for your led.
1206 SMD type is used.
Goofy23 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy23
Last edited by Goofy23; Aug 18, 2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 01:27 AM
Joined Jul 2011
188 Posts
Hi Paul,

really nice work! The new BOB would form a nice stack with the MWC board too!

aBUGSworstnightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post
many thanks ST99.

To ad more sensors is allready possible, but hm may in a new version, dont have any Sparkfun sensors here, will see.

I put the Flydusense V2 in the shop.

It will include a vibration dampening a LLC, a LED driver and a voltage divider.
All parts needed will be suplied.

One important note:
when you want to use the led driver and voltage divider features you have to mod a bit, sorry, its really a eagle mistake the file was edited, but the gerber export took for some unknown reasons the old version.

cut the traces as showen and solder a cable.
This is just if you want to use the voltage divider or led driver, if not no mod is needed!
The LLC works great as the sensors does.
All parts will be suplied.

This picures are showing the SMD leds mounted.

I took 3 blue one on the front with 200ohm (for directly 3s), in the back i took 2 red ones, the pad named LED is the in for the rear leds, will be good to connect a cpu pin to it, like the stable led or the low batt warning.
I took 180ohm (for the 5v directly from the arduino, dont draw too much here!), but less would good too, only had those 180 ohm.
Take a led calculator for your led to get the right resistor for your led.
1206 SMD type is used.
aBUGSnightmare is offline Find More Posts by aBUGSnightmare
Old Aug 18, 2011, 02:15 AM
Able to learn fly
Deutschland, BY, München
Joined Aug 2011
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbw View Post
Paul, please keep the name! I was only joking but do like all the reactions on the subject!

And next project make a five legged multikopter, I don't know any animal with five legs!
An elephant!!! -> Flyduphant

Enought with the jokes about the name.
I think Flyduspider is good and unique.

Regards
Heiko
Galumbo is online now Find More Posts by Galumbo
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:02 AM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
Paul my friend,

We now have a round flydusense, does that mean we will be getting a round Flyduino Mega and a round Flydubution so that we can have a really cool Round stack

Ray(wants to go round)
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:19 AM
Deutschland, SH, Kiel
Joined Jul 2011
509 Posts
Quote:
We now have a round flydusense, does that mean we will be getting a round Flyduino Mega and a round Flydubution so that we can have a really cool Round stack
Cookies!!!

I would prefer a squared stack, I don't know if it is economical for Paul to offer both long term but i think squared is more practical in ways of ataching other electronic components near it etc.

Nils
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:11 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
thanks ray, nils said it, i dont think i will change the Flyduino it will stay square.
for the sonsors i needed a little more space so the round design was a good option, also it can be rotated 45degree now, which isnt necessary for the Mega.
A Powerbob, good idea, its possible, but what i dislike a bit it will add unecessary weight.
I will continue to offer both versions, but to make it a bit easier, i consider removing the llc from V1 and may only offer the V2 with LLC, not sure.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:21 PM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
pity, but i think nils is probably right, its not really economically viable and as Paul said extra weight also.

How about octagonal

only jesting

Ray
Old Aug 18, 2011, 02:01 PM
Deutschland, SH, Kiel
Joined Jul 2011
509 Posts
you guys and your ideas....

mabe pentagon....
Old Aug 19, 2011, 02:39 AM
Able to learn fly
Deutschland, BY, München
Joined Aug 2011
33 Posts
Where can I get 9x4.7 cc and ccw props?
I only find 8x4.5 or 10x4.5 on the internet.
Paul, you've said somthing about special sizes of propellers?
Galumbo is online now Find More Posts by Galumbo
Old Aug 19, 2011, 06:49 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
I may can get some 9xX as APC props, but i am not sure if those will be hot sellers.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 07:21 AM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
the flyduino mwc board with freeimu v0.3.5_ms from fabio

Something is not quite right here and i couldnt put my finger on it. Now it has come to me!
If your using the Mini Pro setup you only have aux1 available so how do you switch the barometer and mag as well as the ACC.
Sorry if im being thick and not seeing the obvious but could someone put me out of my misery because i cant figure it out.

Ray(i like round)