HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2011, 11:21 AM
Joined May 2005
355 Posts
Discussion
Jr xp-7202 works fine as salve (student) but not as a master (teacher). Please help !

I am trying to set up my JR XP-7202 radio as the Master/Teacher and the JR XF-631 as the Slave/Student buddy box. When I hold down the trainer rocker button, nothing happens. The trainer button does changes the trim on the flaps. I tried to change the trainer to the right side and still not able to make it work. I also tried in Normal and P-Link mode.

However, when I set my XP-7202 as a Salve/P-Link (student), I am able to control the model with XF-631 as a primary (teacher) by pressing and holding down the trainer button. Everything works fine.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks
Gyroguru is offline Find More Posts by Gyroguru
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2011, 05:35 PM
Joined May 2005
355 Posts
XP7202 Manual
http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...o_Manualv2.pdf

XF631 Manual
http://www.jrradios.com/ProdInfo/Fil...219-manual.pdf

Thanks
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:59 PM
S.F. Bay Area, California, USA
Joined May 2005
582 Posts
Gyro,

You want to teach someone to fly. You have a XP-7202 transmitter.

If the person you want to teach, has an airplane/helicopter, and a XF-631 transmitter. In this case the 631 is the master transmitter, and your transmitter is the slave. If you want to use your transmitter as the master, you must program the students model into one of your transmitters model memories . The master transmitter is always the transmitter that normally would fly the model.

One more thing the 631 is an FM (PPM) only transmitter, the 7202 can operate as either a FM (PPM), or a PCM transmitter. The trainer function requires that the slave transmitter be set to FM (PPM). The master transmitter can be either FM (PPM), or PCM depending on the receiver in the model. If you want to use your 7202 as the master, with a model that is flown with a 631 you need to use an empty model memory on your transmitter, program that memory for the model, and set it to send a FM (PPM) signal. Pages 35, and 36, of the 7202 manual explain how to change the transmitters modulation to either FM (PPM), or PCM.
Ken Barnes is online now Find More Posts by Ken Barnes
Old Feb 01, 2011, 02:21 PM
Joined May 2005
355 Posts
The XP7202 is for me and the XF631 is for my son. Both of these radios were converted to Corona 2.4.

The XF631 is straight forward. The PPM signal was cut from the FM board and wired to the Corona 2.4 board.

The XP7202 was almost straight forward. On XP7202, the PPM signal is sent to the synthesizer board and there appears to be some feedback to the mail board. This connector which was removed per instruction from JETI which might cause an issue. This is the step 5 picture.

I am not using the JETI module but did use the MX16 instructions. See the pictures.

Thanks.
Old Feb 01, 2011, 04:52 PM
Joined May 2005
355 Posts
This is the cable which is disconnected after the 2.4Ghz module was installed which might have affected the trainer function.
Old Feb 01, 2011, 08:34 PM
Joined May 2005
582 Posts
I didn't know your transmitters were modified. I have no idea if modifying the transmitters with add on 2.4 boards, would affect the trainer function.

Could I ask where you got the wiring schematic for the transmitter? I might want to get the schematics for the JR transmitters I own.

Ken
Old Feb 02, 2011, 08:20 AM
Joined May 2005
355 Posts
For schematic, go to FCC's website:

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...ericSearch.cfm

Under Grantee Code:, enter first 3 letters of FCC ID.

Under Product Code:, enter rest of the letters of FCC ID.

You should find just about everything you need to know.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 06:15 PM
Joined May 2005
582 Posts
Thank you Gyroguru,

I hope someone is able to help you solve your issue with the trainer function.