HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 12, 2011, 02:10 AM
Flying is Fun.Even if U Crash!
Australia, VIC, Ringwood
Joined Jul 2010
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow View Post
Chris - how much for the BNF or PNP? Here it is $299 and $399 if I remember correctly.

I would think these would also be more expensive down there.
BNF $450 aud

PNP $370 aud

And our dollar higher that the USD! sucks to be us here! I had a 7 week working trip in the US of A.... I loved it.. Great place and nice people!

Chris
Claydoc is offline Find More Posts by Claydoc
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2011, 02:22 AM
Australia, VIC, Ringwood
Joined Jul 2010
442 Posts
So if I got a PNP one... $450

Then hs65mg servo for the elevator $40, APC prop $20 and new motor mount $50????....

You are talking a foam plane well over $500 here....

So is it worth it?

I spoke to model fight (aussie importer) here about this... And the problems... They had NFI!...

Sad! HH Are reading this please? ... Customer like to buy... But not if you have to do all this...

Chris
Old May 12, 2011, 06:10 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,983 Posts
I am prepared to put on the record that if ModelFlight said that they had no idea of tis problem that the comment is a lie. I have on email record with an official in there service area, a reply from them and a follow up referring them here.

They offered me a replacement motor mount but given it was the same, I politely declined.

No doubt when something serious happens by someone that has not stumbled upon this site, the result could only infer culpability. J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claydoc View Post
So if I got a PNP one... $450

Then hs65mg servo for the elevator $40, APC prop $20 and new motor mount $50????....

You are talking a foam plane well over $500 here....

So is it worth it?

I spoke to model fight (aussie importer) here about this... And the problems... They had NFI!...

Sad! HH Are reading this please? ... Customer like to buy... But not if you have to do all this...

Chris
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old May 12, 2011, 07:11 AM
Australia, VIC, Ringwood
Joined Jul 2010
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz View Post
I am prepared to put on the record that if ModelFlight said that they had no idea of tis problem that the comment is a lie. I have on email record with an official in there service area, a reply from them and a follow up referring them here.

They offered me a replacement motor mount but given it was the same, I politely declined.

No doubt when something serious happens by someone that has not stumbled upon this site, the result could only infer culpability. J
Well I rang the guys from sales, he said he didn't know of any problems with this plane.... I pointed him towards the on- line forums.... If he took this advice or not? I don't know..... But at the end of the day.... Things are not 100% with this bird and I'm not sure it's worth the entry price!

Why didn't they offer you the upgraded mount? Odd hey?

I like the look of it.... Just costly if you have upgrade the important bits hey?

Chris
Old May 12, 2011, 05:28 PM
it's for sale
Glasgow, KY
Joined Sep 2010
127 Posts
Just got an update, I am hoping they do something about it.

Hi Justin,

Thank you for contacting Horizon Hobby Product Support.

The warranty states that the consumer is responsible for paying the shipping. I will forgo this time. I will issue you a call-tag. This does not guarantee we will replace the plane, it only pays for shipping. Please reply to this e-mail with your full name and address, phone number. I will send you the call-tag to you’re email address.

If you should need further assistance regarding this issue please reply to this e-mail for additional support. If you need assistance in the future, please feel free to e-mail us at productsupport@horizonhobby.com or you may also contact us toll-free at 1-877-504-0233. Make sure to visit our web site at http://www.horizonhobby.com to see all of our newest products!

Thank You,

David W.
Horizon Hobby
Product Support Team
4105 Fieldstone Rd
Champaign IL 61822
1-877-504-0233
Full Spool is offline Find More Posts by Full Spool
Old May 16, 2011, 11:00 PM
it's for sale
Glasgow, KY
Joined Sep 2010
127 Posts
Still no update as of yet, hopefully I will find out something soon.
Old May 17, 2011, 04:38 AM
Italy
Joined Jan 2011
69 Posts
i bought this plane 2 months ago and flown it more than 50 times with no issues. the only problem i have is the glue they used to put the pieces together. its turning yellowish and slowly losing strenght. the power switch inside the battery compartment is held in place by clear tape now but i am thinking of removing it completely. the plane flies awesome, servos are perfect and the motor mount looks very strong.

I am learning all kind of 3d manuevres and i like to fly fast so i am a little scared about a possible servo/motor mount failure. i dont want to replace/upgrade anything because i have faith in HH since all my Parkzone/Eflite foamies have never given me any sort of trouble.
but i am also aware that being european (Italy) I will not be covered by any warranty whatsoever in case of a QC issue on my plane.
I am really worried. what do you think i should do?
MiddyFra is offline Find More Posts by MiddyFra
Old May 17, 2011, 06:58 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,983 Posts
Fly with caution..... As you always should. Do not have blind faith in Eflite or any manufacturer. I have noticed in Australia they are out of stock until June. I expect it will be a soft intro of a V2 which addresses the issues here. J
Old May 17, 2011, 04:07 PM
ON, Canada
Joined Nov 2007
178 Posts
Well Guys, after reading about the issues with the stock props, motor mounts and broken fuse, I think caused by bad landings for the most part

I changed the motor mount, prop and put some carbon fiber material below the fuse.

I am hoping to maiden her on the weekend

See pics!
turboready is offline Find More Posts by turboready
Old May 17, 2011, 09:06 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts

that is a lot of CFRP! Really all it takes is a thin piece oriented correctly and inlaid in the foam. Looks really cool though. Just be careful, now your weak spot is where the hole is for the elevator connection.
StormJunkie is offline Find More Posts by StormJunkie
Old May 17, 2011, 10:11 PM
it's for sale
Glasgow, KY
Joined Sep 2010
127 Posts
Carbon Looks good, but how do you have a bad landing with the yak? These things land beautifully !

I finally got an update, they are paying for shipping now. Hopefully they give me the new motor mount and fix the other small problems.
Old May 17, 2011, 10:31 PM
ON, Canada
Joined Nov 2007
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJunkie View Post

that is a lot of CFRP! Really all it takes is a thin piece oriented correctly and inlaid in the foam. Looks really cool though. Just be careful, now your weak spot is where the hole is for the elevator connection.
Its CF Vinyl, but strong. I really did not need to do this but since I had the material around, why not.

I am pretty easy on my airplanes not many crashes at all. Had a bad crash lately due to a new defective battery. HS is doing all they can to resolve it and I have to now decide on an airframe and servos
Old May 17, 2011, 10:33 PM
ON, Canada
Joined Nov 2007
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Spool View Post
Carbon Looks good, but how do you have a bad landing with the yak? These things land beautifully !

I finally got an update, they are paying for shipping now. Hopefully they give me the new motor mount and fix the other small problems.
I know, even with heavy airplanes you are supposed to land ok but with more airspeed, was talking after the guys who broke their fuses on bad landings.

I cant wait to maiden mine this week end............weather permitting.
Old May 17, 2011, 11:11 PM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,983 Posts
I land mine on a single basket ball court..... like a carrier landing.

I have a few issues with this bird but landings are no problem. J

I do need some nice CF work on the top of my cowling where I flipped taxiing in high wind. it ruined an otherwise perfect finish
Old May 17, 2011, 11:19 PM
ON, Canada
Joined Nov 2007
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz View Post
I land mine on a single basket ball court..... like a carrier landing.

I have a few issues with this bird but landings are no problem. J

I do need some nice CF work on the top of my cowling where I flipped taxiing in high wind. it ruined an otherwise perfect finish
What issues? Look for CF vinyl, strong with a nice finish and light.
You guys are making that PA Addiction X which seems like a great 3D airplane. I would like to get one, really getting hooked on foamies. I know the Addiction is built up, it looks awesome.