HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:35 AM
obserwator
United States, WI, Middleton
Joined Feb 2012
563 Posts
switching radio

What I ment by switching was: removing rx from Sonic, and put it into Typhoon. Next used Sonic's tx radio to control that rx that I put from Sonic into Typhoon.
zawaprz is offline Find More Posts by zawaprz
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:53 AM
Joined Aug 2012
30 Posts
hello guys i also have a sort of love hate relationship with the yak 54 and HH for that matter, i bought my yak for full price at ultimate hobbies in orange ca flew it 4 times and it flew amazingly tons of power, incredibly snappy, not the best slow speed characteristics though! But on the fifth flight i got about two minutes in and came in for a low inverted pass and about halfway down the runway rite in front of me the elevator servo shot to full up and stuck there, inverted nose down into the ground smashed the nose all up and broke the fuse in half went home and tested everything and the elevator servo replicated the lock out twice under minor stick movements so i ordered a new fuse motor mount and all new mg servos hk corona ds929 mgs about 12 bucks each they work great but after waiting about a month and a half for the fuse the elevator support tube was totally crooked off plane from the wings so i had to break and cut my new fuse i waited a month and a half for just to get it straight but shes flying again with no mishaps im installing a 3 axis gyro on it now to help me out with the low slow 3d stuff i will post my results. and during all this i contacted HH and told them about the servo mishap just so they knew i wasnt expecting anything from them and the dude told me he reccomends replacing the servos because to keep the cost down($400) they had to use mid quality servos was how he phrased it that was a response i would expect out of hobbyking not horizon.
matix101 is offline Find More Posts by matix101
Old Nov 03, 2013, 01:31 AM
Joined Aug 2013
108 Posts
Lost mine today due to signal loss from about 300 feet away even after doing a successful range test at 30 paces.

I'm still bummed out and have no clue what prevented the plane from responding to inputs.
tyhollin is offline Find More Posts by tyhollin
Old Dec 05, 2013, 05:51 AM
Tassie Mike
Joined Sep 2011
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyhollin View Post
Lost mine today due to signal loss from about 300 feet away even after doing a successful range test at 30 paces.

I'm still bummed out and have no clue what prevented the plane from responding to inputs.
Did you have your phone in your pocket,, we have been finding problems with mobiles!
Tassie Mike is offline Find More Posts by Tassie Mike
Old Feb 23, 2014, 04:55 AM
Australia, NSW, Menai
Joined Nov 2013
222 Posts
Any aussies on herew with broken ones laying round i could buy
mine went into a tree after doing a fast barrel roll that locked onto the roll i couldnt retrieve it so held the opposite way it was spinning which slowed the roll down and de celerated slowly as it came down into a tree...
fell oput of tree and has snapped the elevator wing...
shane_hood is offline Find More Posts by shane_hood