SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:04 AM
Kragerų, Norway
Joined Jun 2010
689 Posts
Discussion
AP Hexa or Octo? What gives you the best stabilisation?

Hey.

I am sick and tired of my T-rex 600 ESP AP platform. Its to hard to get rid of the vibes! I think I want to take the Aerial footage to a hexa or octo. I hope you can give me a hint of what is a good hexa or octo to carry a DSLR camera, like Nikon D90. Thanks!
Voguna is offline Find More Posts by Voguna
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2011, 05:49 AM
NORWAY
Joined Jan 2011
162 Posts
i have a kk hexa and this hexa is ok,but i am“going to build me a mk oktocopter for my filming and stuff like that,i think the best thing is to go for the okto??

hope this will help you
kjella is offline Find More Posts by kjella
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:38 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,541 Posts
They are both very stable.

With 6 motors you will crash 2/3 of the time with a motor or ESC failure. With 8 motors you will not crash with a failure and it will fly very well.

The more motors the larger the vibration problem. For AP you need to balance the motors and props to minimize vibration. Also materials make a difference. Carbon fiber transmits vibration much more than fiberglass (G10) or wood.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Feb 08, 2011, 09:49 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,759 Posts
It seems to me that most people are building symetrical shaped quads or hexa or octo. I see a UK firm has got a different configuration which maximises the view for its cameras.

http://flyingvideo.co.uk/gallery
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Feb 08, 2011, 10:35 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
It seems to me that most people are building symetrical shaped quads or hexa or octo. I see a UK firm has got a different configuration which maximises the view for its cameras.

http://flyingvideo.co.uk/gallery
http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-19919-1.html
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Feb 09, 2011, 12:12 AM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,759 Posts
Thanks for the link, its a shame I dont understand German.
Would this configuration require different control boards than the ones many are using on these forums?
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Feb 09, 2011, 06:04 AM
Solihull, England
Joined Jun 2004
960 Posts
translate.google.com is your friend.

Peter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Thanks for the link, its a shame I dont understand German.
Would this configuration require different control boards than the ones many are using on these forums?
Peter Seddon is offline Find More Posts by Peter Seddon
Old Feb 09, 2011, 06:35 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
They are both very stable.

With 6 motors you will crash 2/3 of the time with a motor or ESC failure. With 8 motors you will not crash with a failure and it will fly very well.

The more motors the larger the vibration problem. For AP you need to balance the motors and props to minimize vibration. Also materials make a difference. Carbon fiber transmits vibration much more than fiberglass (G10) or wood.

Here is a video of my UAVX Octo losing a motor in flight.
Fun Flying (1 min 54 sec)
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)