HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Wildweasel09, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 08:30 PM
Crashing but learning...
Brazil, São Paulo, Sao Paulo
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
Link
RC and couples...

Difference between men and women regarding RC hobby -13 (2 min 8 sec)

Difference between men and women regarding RC hobby - 12 (2 min 24 sec)

To see the older ones click here:
She is a non-stop video clip producer

Here is her latest version of what she thinks is a "funny chat":

Differences between men and women regarding RC Hobby - 11 (3 min 5 sec)

Differences between men and women regarding RC hobby - 10 (5 min 7 sec)

Differences between men and women regarding RC hobby - 9 (4 min 44 sec)

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...FF05C6A2BCFC49
Wildweasel09 is offline Find More Posts by Wildweasel09
Last edited by Wildweasel09; Nov 21, 2011 at 08:24 PM. Reason: updating
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2011, 08:39 PM
Crashing but learning...
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
Just post a new video...
Old Feb 02, 2011, 07:42 AM
ExPat
Spain, Murcia, Mazarrón
Joined Apr 2010
1,600 Posts
Adriana, your videos are so funny and so like real life. I've just watched them again, and I'm laughing my head off at what the guy comes out with. And all the while my wife is saying over my shoulder, "Andy, that's exactly what you're like"!! LOL

Please, please get Nelson to post them on the parkfliers forum, I just know that all the guys are going to relate to them and have a real good laugh.

Well done again
Andy
Aero Andy is offline Find More Posts by Aero Andy
Old Feb 02, 2011, 11:43 AM
Crashing but learning...
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
Hey Andy, Thanks for the support.
I'm glad that both, wives and husbands, are having fun with the videos.

I think I have lots of material for many videos to come. LOL Now every time Nelson says or does something he looks at me and asks if I am going to make a video out of it, and I am the one who laughs the head off. :-D

Finally I too am having fun with the hobby!!

I'll ask Nelson to post them on the parkfliers forum.

Best,

Adriana
Old Feb 02, 2011, 04:52 PM
's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
Hi Nelson, Hi Adriana,

I have some great solutions for some of the issues addressed. Some might be a bit costly though.

Take a bag to the field. This way you can take the lipo's in the bag into the shop where it is cool and the batteries are not damaged due to an overheating car out on the carpark. You'll both be happy, firste fly and then shop.

I see a great oppertunity for Adriana to buy a new photo camera. One with a function like my new one to shoot full HD video. You might need a new tele zoom lens as well to get the plane in focus and in the proper proportions on the movie. You can take photo's and video with the same machine at the flip of a switch.

You can also buy a bigger car so there will be room for the dogs afterall.

Nice movies Adriana.
Rotatorus is offline Find More Posts by Rotatorus
Old Feb 02, 2011, 05:28 PM
Crashing but learning...
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
Hello Robert,

Your suggestions are quite welcome, especially the part of buying a new camera :-D but Nelson is ready to say a "few words" about the idea ;-)

I don't think wives and husbands will ever agree 100%, however I am never really angry with his hobby and he is never that selfish. The discussions are authentic, they all happened somewhat like that one time or another, but they are never hot.
I still go shoot his "successful flights" (he posts the videos to prove it), and he still goes shopping with me (I have the shoes to prove it).

I started producing the videos just for fun to depict the different stand points between us, and now people are writing us saying they catch themselves having the same dialogues. This made the differences even funnier. Now I know I'm not alone (well, it seems that Nelson is not alone either) LOL

The truth is that men will be men, and women will be women... different zip codes, though! :-D

Keep sending your suggestions to solve our problems, I will include them in a video..... :-)

Best,

Adriana
Old Feb 03, 2011, 01:30 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
Hi Adriana,

Men and women really do have different perspectives.

How about this one which I had with my travelling partner on Bali. I ask her what will we do, what do you want. I do a few proposals but I do not get much feedback. In the end I decide to do one of the options (not the last one I mentioned) and she goes "angry" with me, telling me that she doesn't know what I'm doing and she can't follow. Thinking that we were to do the last option...

Apparently we think in different ways or we do not always pick up the signals.

For your issue with the computer and the smartphone and the cost for internet acces on the phone... If you have wireless network at home, you can make the phone connect to your private network while you are at home. You'll be accessing the internet through WIFI and you'll be not making extra costs. Also it could be an option to buy a small netbook computer in addition your computer at home so you can go and do your internet related things each on your own computer. This will save time and give you an oppertunity to go to the mall when one is finished.

I am very familiar with the "I just need to finish this... " phrase ... I use it a lot but I also have learned that there are often more important things in life as just finishing something. It is never finished in a timeframe that justifies the use of the word "just". It always takes much longer.

The risk is however that we never finish what we started because we got sidetracked. We, men, can only do one thing at a time and we can be involved with that one thing rather intensive. Thus we forget time and the world around. The outcome can be pretty nice but it comes at a price.

It's all in the eye of the beholder I think. In the end we all need to live with our shortcomings.

Robert
Old Feb 03, 2011, 02:59 PM
Crashing but learning...
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
New video posted lol
Old Feb 03, 2011, 03:11 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
Hi Nelson,

I don't have that problem , I am still missing the planes from the 1st WW and the korean war. Also the prewar and cold war planes are left open. Though I have no room I can still buy more.

Living alone can be a benefit afterall, I can buy all the planes I want. Now I only need extra hobby money

I do recognize the planes in the box issue. I also need more time and more good weather .

Thanks for posting! Maybe try cooking yourself next time. Adriana can't possible refuse after such a loving gesture .

Robert
Old Feb 03, 2011, 03:35 PM
Crashing but learning...
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotatorus View Post
Hi Nelson,

Thanks for posting! Maybe try cooking yourself next time. Adriana can't possible refuse after such a loving gesture .

Robert
Hey Robert,
Unless cooking can make room in the fridge to store new planes...

We have such a great time with your comments
Old Feb 04, 2011, 12:46 AM
ExPat
Spain, Murcia, Mazarrón
Joined Apr 2010
1,600 Posts
Hi Nelson

Hey, that was real nice of you to take Adriana to a restaurant to get her away from all "her house stuff". Although it looked more like you were trying to soften her up, so you could have a new plane..LOL

I like your style,
Andy
Old Feb 04, 2011, 06:49 PM
Crashing but learning...
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
Andy,
Adriana knows me so well that I am running out of ideas to soften her up. Every time I try something new she knows that I want to buy something

lol

Nelson
Old Feb 06, 2011, 12:23 PM
ExPat
Spain, Murcia, Mazarrón
Joined Apr 2010
1,600 Posts
Hi Guys

Love the new video, thanks to you both, I've learnt a few new things today.

1 Lipos will only explode when left unattended while buying shoes at Walmart, and certainly not while flying at the park!! I like that one...a lot, a real good excuse for getting out of shopping.

2 Glue guns and carpets don't like each other!! So I think it's best if I keep all my tools and all my other sh*t well away from any furniture.

3 Basements...Oh yeah, every guy needs a basement, a place of his own, even if it's just for hiding in!!....LOL

Great videos, keep em' coming
Andy
Old Feb 08, 2011, 06:16 PM
Crashing but learning...
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
Hi Andy,
Very good job on the J3!
I saw you have some good lessons from Adriana's videos, but in the 1st one you forget the basic rule of be close to the fire so you can call the fire department LOL.
She did it again... and will do this again and again!!!

Looking forward to see the J-3 finished!

Nelson
Old Feb 09, 2011, 12:17 AM
ExPat
Spain, Murcia, Mazarrón
Joined Apr 2010
1,600 Posts
Well you've done it again Adriana,

Priorities, Priorities, Priorities......Food & Toys..LOL
Who said men never grow up!

great new video, well done
Andy