SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 29, 2011, 03:07 PM
The Villages, Fl.
Joined Oct 2002
537 Posts
Discussion
My Alien Aircraft models

I have built four Alien Aircraft models, www.alienaircraft.com . The first one was the Gadget, a biplane, then the Blinker, a flying wing, the 3rd was the Hornet, a mid wing, and the last, the Raven.

I installed GWS micro retracts in the Raven and flew it for the first time last Friday. The retracts worked just fine and was a joy to fly.

All of these models fly great. They are complete kits except for the instructions which can be downloaded from their web site. They build very quickly as the laser cutting is very good and the instructions have lots of pictures making the build a pleasure.

If this size models fits your requirements, I recommend them highly. They have a number of scale models as well.

Alien Aircraft Raven with GWS micro retracts (0 min 15 sec)

Ed
EdLokken is offline Find More Posts by EdLokken
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2011, 12:33 PM
Kansas City
Joined Dec 2009
410 Posts
Ed: Can you give any details regarding battery placement and access with the Alien models? I can't tell from the manuals where the batteries are mounted and how much room there is to move them for CG adjustment. Also, how do you access the batteries between flights? I couldn't tell on some of the planes if there is an access hatch or the wings must be removed.
prefabu is offline Find More Posts by prefabu
Old Aug 01, 2011, 03:20 PM
The Villages, Fl.
Joined Oct 2002
537 Posts
PREFABU

The Hornet, the white and red one, has a nice hatch on the bottom of the fuse to insert the battery. The other three in the picture, the wings must be removed to insert the battery. All four has plenty of wiggle room to adjust the cg. The batteries are held in with velcro.

I don't know about the other Alien models.

Ed
EdLokken is offline Find More Posts by EdLokken