HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by reaper31, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 07:27 AM
Robcon Inc.
United States, CO, Littleton
Joined Mar 2008
105 Posts
Discussion
approach engineering AH-64D Longbow

This is my 50 size apache, its a balsa kit. it has the mechanics for my 30 size twinstar in it converted to electric using the trex600 components running on 6 cells. i made a longbow conversion for the original a model, you can get it at starwoodmodels.com. this heli also has the hellfire missile set available for it. i made the 30mm cannon with a 3D printer and if you want one let me know by PM. my plans for this heli this year are to finally finish the cockpit and add the 4 bladed head to the main rotor and tail.
reaper31 is offline Find More Posts by reaper31
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2011, 08:29 PM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Jun 2011
5 Posts
Hi, it looks so great. I got a 600ESP and would like to put apache fuse on it as well. Is this fuse (approach eng) easy to install? what about fiberglass fuse? any recommend? thanks.
etfocus is offline Find More Posts by etfocus
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:00 PM
Robcon Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
105 Posts
i love this fuse. yes it would be easier to buy a painted fuse (rc aerodyne sells one) but the quality of glass in my opinion is below par. this fuse can be nice with very little work and is the only decent one that can be made into a longbow. i have biddies that bought the glass fuse and the tail drive mechanism is sad. this kit includes the wire drive and its of very good quality.
one other thing about having a rigid balsa fuse is that the whole thing does not shake with vibrations. i plan on adding top braces this year but have been flying without it so far. it is also very easy to perform maintenance on since the whole top opens up...that has to be my favorite feature about it.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 12:03 AM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Jun 2011
5 Posts
Ok, I will take your advice to get one of this fuse from Starwood. It took me a while to search related threads about apache and yours is exactly what I am looking for. Could you please help me to build this beauty bird up if I got questions. (I'm gonna follow your steps)
Have you seen this before? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VQE6owuuXs&NR=1

I really love your 30mm cannon, cockpit and Views: 48 (I don't know how to call it), how did you make them? It would be awesome once you change it to 4 blades head...just love it.

Please have more pics coming...!!!
Thank you very much.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 01:00 AM
Robcon Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
105 Posts
yeah i can help you out. the longbow avionics bays are something you will have to get separate from the kit. they are very easy to install i drew them and was able to instal the prototypes even after i had installed the original bays (for the A model). i have seen the vid before, i know the guy was working on this a few years(..i think) ago, not sure if he even finished it.
about the gun and cockpit, i make them. i have the parts drawn up on the computer and then they are 3D printed when needed. i am not sure what the forum rules are on posting prices so maybe PM me if you are interested.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 01:27 AM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Jun 2011
5 Posts
I have PM you.
Do you paint the fuse before install the 600 machine or after? does it need special model pigment? and how long does this fuse take you to setup? Thanks.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 08:27 PM
Robcon Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
105 Posts
i built the fuse, fitted the mechanics, pulled them out after i knew all was good, detailed the fuse, paint, weathered, and re-installed. i had the kit for well over a year but it sat most of the time. if i break down the actual work time in weekend i would say i might have worked about a month or two. the fuse is painted in exterior latex house paint and then weathered with pastels with a clear coat to protect the finish
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:18 AM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Jun 2011
5 Posts
Thank you. I got more ideas now. Have you ever try that to enable 30mm cannon gun shooting B.B ball or somehow the rockets? that would be very cool...! (just thinking)
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:06 AM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Jun 2011
5 Posts
Please check your message, thanks.