Old Jan 28, 2011, 06:43 PM
Parkflyer Extraordinaire
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Feb 2009
95 Posts
Discussion
Problem Binding DX6i to Hobbyking AR6100 Clone

Hi all,

Ive done a quick forum search and have tried everything that people have suggested. Now im wondering if Hobbyking has updated the latest batch of these clones! The replica AR6100 i recieved doesnt apear to have a LED at all so im not getting any lights blinking or solid.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the change and if so have they managed to get it to work as im stuck?

Thanks
FltLtBiggles is offline Find More Posts by FltLtBiggles
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: My first blog post
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2011, 06:50 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,369 Posts
The most common reason for problems of this sort is plugs in wrong slots or backwards. Note that the HK 6100 clone (the Black) has reverse setup with respect to the 6110 clone (RA61e). To determine the correct orientation just look up the relevant Spektrum receiver manual.

Try the throttle (or battery) plug both ways round and the bind plug in both end slots on the receiver, and try another bind plug in case yours is defective. If you do all those things (with no servos plugged in to avoid confusing things) and you don't get a light at all, there's something wrong with either the receiver or the power source.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Jan 29, 2011, 04:37 AM
Parkflyer Extraordinaire
Joined Feb 2009
95 Posts
Thanks Daedalus66,

Im going to give your suggestions a try now, I hope i dont have to send this all the way back to HK
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 29, 2011, 04:53 AM
Parkflyer Extraordinaire
Joined Feb 2009
95 Posts
I still cant get this to show me any LED, can someone please point out where it is. Ive tried various combos again. Ive managed to get the servos, to twitch on connecting the battery so i know there is something going on, it just wont effing bind.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 29, 2011, 07:10 AM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,369 Posts
Referring to the third picture, the light is a bit up and to the left of the middle. But this is really irrelevant -- if there's a light it's bright and impossible to miss (unless you are looking at the blank side of the board!). (EDIT: See next post for photo.)

Still looking at that same picture, the bind plug goes onto the pins at the bottom of the picture (as you have it in picture 2). The power source (battery or ESC) goes onto any other set of pins with the black/brown wire up (towards us) and the white/orange/other color wire down (towards the blank side of the board). THIS IS WRONG IN PICTURE 2.

Just do that -- no servos, no transmitter turned on -- and you should get a bright rapidly flashing light indicating that the receiver is in bind mode. If you don't get the light:
  • There's no power, or
  • The bind plug is faulty (the two outside pins are not connected), or
  • The receiver is defective, or
  • You didn't follow instructions

By the way, one of those receivers arrived from HK just two days ago and the light is there just like on previous ones. There has to be a light.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Last edited by Daedalus66; Jan 29, 2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 07:24 AM
Geeez.....Really???
Southern IN
Joined Dec 2008
198 Posts
I had the same problem. In your picture you posted the negative (black) wire is on the bottom...it needs to be on the top. Flip the plug 180 degrees.
Gave me a bit of confusion too.
Aero Antics is offline Find More Posts by Aero Antics
Old Jan 29, 2011, 07:53 AM
Parkflyer Extraordinaire
Joined Feb 2009
95 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr6hDEXwkQ0

Heres a vid of me trying to bind it with a makeshift bindplug made from wire and wrapped around the correct pins.

Halfway through the vid i switch the esc plug around and restart to see if it was that causing the problem.
Site Sponsor