HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Matt Gunn, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 06:20 PM
RCGroups FPV channel Editor
United States, OH, North Royalton
Joined Jul 2009
4,630 Posts
Discussion
Flying The Heavy Glass

Up until now Ive been using the cheap kit lens from my old Canon XTi on my 50D, which hasn't been doing it justice. Granted, I can get some ok results from the little EFS 18-55mm, but the lenses are junk and (to me) it shows in the final product.

Today I said what the hell, and strapped on the 16-35 f2.8 L-series lens on the 50D and took a few test shots. Its a $1500 piece of glass and I was pretty nervous at first, but once I locked in the AceOne and let her hover, I felt much better. The results are pretty decent... alot better than the 18-55.

Pics shot as the sun set at around 6pm today.

matt

Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Losi TEN Rally-X in the snow
to remove ads between posts