HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2011, 02:25 PM
Gravity Fighter
Springdale, AR
Joined May 2008
206 Posts
Discussion
J-10B from The Wings Maker

Got a J-10B back in early January...enjoying it. Does anybody else out there have one? Wondering if this item is not being produced anymore as it seems harder to find one. I purchased the ARF version. The kit version seems to be available at EJF still.

Follow the link below for pics and video. Experiences/thoughts with this plane are welcomed.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1365001
Psycho Synapse is offline Find More Posts by Psycho Synapse
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2011, 03:10 PM
Joined Jan 2010
752 Posts
J10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Synapse View Post
Got a J-10B back in early January...enjoying it. Does anybody else out there have one? Wondering if this item is not being produced anymore as it seems harder to find one. I purchased the ARF version. The kit version seems to be available at EJF still.

Follow the link below for pics and video. Experiences/thoughts with this plane are welcomed.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1365001
Like what you did to it with the red trim, i own one of these as well as sell them myself, the J-10 AND ANY OF THE WINGMAKER JET ARE THE BEST MADE FOAMIES IN EDF JETS, I own the X-35 as well the stock setup as dang good but what i did was i change the esc to a hobbywing platinum 60amp and battery to 4s 2700 45c and the vertical on these jets is insane she flies about 90mph with the change on the items i mentioned but the entire edf industry has something to learn from wingmakers on the way the jet is crafted and the clean ducting is just awesome im gonna stop here cause I can go on and on about wingmakers jets.
FLYGUY24/7 is offline Find More Posts by FLYGUY24/7
Old Jan 28, 2011, 03:21 PM
SJ
Denmark EKCH
Joined Apr 2001
1,474 Posts
I bet if they painted them or something they would sell better.
It just looks like an unfinished product in the raw foam gray color.
Same thing with the F-35 they make.

The finshed model looks good, and seems to fly well in you video :-)
SJ is offline Find More Posts by SJ
Old Jan 28, 2011, 03:28 PM
Gravity Fighter
Springdale, AR
Joined May 2008
206 Posts
Thanks...and you may have something about the paint scheme. It does appear unfinished when compared to the other EDF's that are out there in the same class. I know a particular paint scheme has impacted my purchases in the past. Sometimes the airframe draws me in more than the paint but I do prefer not having to repaint or add anything as it takes time and adds weight.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 03:37 PM
Gravity Fighter
Springdale, AR
Joined May 2008
206 Posts
Flyguy24/7,

I agree that other manufacturers may have something to learn from what TWM does with their planes. I love the fact that it is made out of EPO and I really like the top hatch access to the electronics. I am hoping they can keep introducing some new jet airframes. I saw they introduced a J-11 which looks to be the Chinese version of a SU-27. Looks cool but don't have an interest in a twin EDF. I really hope TWM makes a version of that new Chinese Stealth Fighter that has been getting some press lately.
Last edited by Psycho Synapse; May 25, 2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 05:24 PM
Joined Jan 2010
752 Posts
Wingmakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Synapse View Post
Flyguy24/7,

I agree that other manufacturers may have something to learn from what TWM does with their planes. I love the fact that it is made out of EPO and I really like the top hatch access to the electronics. I am hoping they can keep introducing some new jet airframes. I saw they introduced a J-11 which looks to be the Chinese version of a SU-27. Looks cool but don't have an interest in a twin EDF. I really hope TWM makes a version of that new Chinese Stealth Fighter that has been getting some press lateley.
Your right about the paint scheme this is the reason it's not selling as fast as most jets but still again it is the best foamie ever made i busted my up on a crashe aand the beaks were very clean, after I got it home and heayed up the foam in boiling water which helped to soften foam i put it right back together again without the plane even looking like nothing happened to itIm totally sold on wingmakers definitely will buy any jet they sell
FLYGUY24/7 is offline Find More Posts by FLYGUY24/7
Old Jan 28, 2011, 06:51 PM
Effumall
Joined Nov 2005
3,619 Posts
There are several threads in here on this. Here's one:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...highlight=j10b
kelberts is offline Find More Posts by kelberts
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:57 PM
Fly, Crash, Burn,
United States, CT, Danbury
Joined Jul 2008
667 Posts
anyone flying this plane??? i just got mine and am real confused on what setup to use on it.
f4addict is offline Find More Posts by f4addict
Old Mar 25, 2011, 05:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2011
1,145 Posts
maiden flight.
J-10 maiden flight (2 min 29 sec)
tweeter1 is offline Find More Posts by tweeter1
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 25, 2011, 09:31 PM
Fly, Crash, Burn,
Joined Jul 2008
667 Posts
Congrats on the successful maiden Twitter1. What is your setup? did you do the canard mod? or the thrust vectoring mod?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 11:56 PM
Tucson, AZ
Joined May 2002
911 Posts
Funny video

Saw this while surfing youtube. You gotta see "Willy" fly the j-10. I was rofl in tears at the running commentary.The intake does look kinda funky and it really shows in this video.
Chinese J-10B The Wings Maker (4 min 13 sec)
DesertRC is offline Find More Posts by DesertRC
Old Mar 26, 2011, 08:39 AM
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,694 Posts
Yeah the intake reminds me of one of those dustpans with a vertical handle on it that they use in restaurants to clean up the crumbs on the floor...
herk1 is offline Find More Posts by herk1
Old Mar 26, 2011, 04:36 PM
Fly, Crash, Burn,
Joined Jul 2008
667 Posts
intake looks funny, definately. But it's actually pretty smooth for a edf. i used to clean my garage with my saab draken., i guess this would be my next leaf and dust blower.

P.S, guys could any of you recommend a setup, i am thinking about js1400+6904 and 4's, but i think it's gonna be a little heavy.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 10:15 PM
Joined Aug 2007
439 Posts
Mine flies great on 4s. It has plenty of wing so I wouldn’t worry about the weight.

X30
X30PILOT is offline Find More Posts by X30PILOT
Old Mar 27, 2011, 05:55 AM
Fly, Crash, Burn,
Joined Jul 2008
667 Posts
x30, are you using the stock fan/motor on 4's?