Got it from nitrorcx.com
scorpion1 is offline Find More Posts by scorpion1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2011, 07:36 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Well crap................called Castle today to check on my motor order............she said, we've been so far behind due to all the bad weather.........and now the 2028's are on back order.......WTH.

I told her they didnt show out of stock when i ordered................she said, Im so sorry, they should be in in the next week to ten days.......

I replied, "so a week......or ten days.........which is it..........do you guys know when your own motors will arrive from China..........?"

She told me they ordered a while back and they are waiting but are not positive of an exact date. I told her "that must be frustrating for you as a salesperson to not know when your own product will be in to sell". She then said in a disgusted way..."they dont tell us crap"

I let her alone at that point and told her to remember she said i was first on the list to get it out when they arrive.

So now the waiting
Old Feb 07, 2011, 07:47 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,174 Posts
That bites a big one. You can't do much of anything with it until you get that to build around.
bill34207 is online now Find More Posts by bill34207
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2011, 07:49 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
I know...............now guess what......just checked OSE and they have them in stock after being out for the past three weeks..................what a pile of shemp this all is.......
Old Feb 07, 2011, 07:55 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,174 Posts
Oh crap. Just keeps getting better & better. Wonder if you can get them to refund you in time to snag one from OSE?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2011, 08:34 PM
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined May 2002
2,880 Posts
the problem with OSE they don`t have phone number that you can call is all email what ever happen to the days where you can talk to one on one
mavdriver is offline Find More Posts by mavdriver
Old Feb 07, 2011, 08:42 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Yea.........and i emailed OSE two weeks ago to see when they would be in stock.................no reply.
Old Feb 08, 2011, 08:05 AM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Apr 2009
875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
Well crap................called Castle today to check on my motor order............she said, we've been so far behind due to all the bad weather.........and now the 2028's are on back order.......WTH.

I told her they didnt show out of stock when i ordered................she said, Im so sorry, they should be in in the next week to ten days.......

I replied, "so a week......or ten days.........which is it..........do you guys know when your own motors will arrive from China..........?"

She told me they ordered a while back and they are waiting but are not positive of an exact date. I told her "that must be frustrating for you as a salesperson to not know when your own product will be in to sell". She then said in a disgusted way..."they dont tell us crap"

I let her alone at that point and told her to remember she said i was first on the list to get it out when they arrive.

So now the waiting
Well,theres bad weather on the way again anyways for the next couple of days.So im guessing the wait will not be that bad......lol.But next week high 60`s here in TX!!!......Al
karfrik is offline Find More Posts by karfrik
Old Feb 09, 2011, 06:59 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
It just snowed here 8 inches! Anyone who thinks their weather is goofy doent have an idea of what goofy really is............couple weeks ago weather in the 70's.............Saturday in the high 60's.........today 25 and snow........overnite low 16..........then Sunday forecast for 62 and Sunny................

Went ahead and ordered the 2028 from OSE!!tired of chasing it around..............now i have one from them and another coming from Castle unless i cancel it.........may just leave it and sell it when they get popular and scarce...........

Could possibly get the motor by Sat.............if not Monday!
Old Feb 09, 2011, 07:36 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,174 Posts
I hear ya scorp. Sometimes it's hard to be patient. It's about time you spent some of those $$ you've been hoarding anyways.
I'm holding off to see if Dave will want to part with his "pattern" once he gets the coolers & jackets programmed in.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2011, 07:49 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Bill, if you decide to run a 2028 in your 47" mono....lemme know and i'll sell you this one for like $25 less than you can get a new one for when/if you decide to..........it'll free up some $$ for me and save you a bit of dough anyways.
Old Feb 09, 2011, 08:04 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,174 Posts
It will still be a bit before I start thinking seriously about a 2028 for the mono. Gotta get the hull to max out the 1527 (instead of the other way around) 1st.
I'll def keep it in mind tho unless you get a chance to recoup before then.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2011, 08:10 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Too bad, i was gonna sell it to you for $25...............
Old Feb 09, 2011, 10:57 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Gotta do something on this big guy................so i made a beefy RX pack. No AA alkiline 4 cells for this build........gonna have dual Traxxas 2056 waterproof servo's, so i need some grunt and mah. These were from an older sub C nimh pack, took it apart and resoldered it all, added an RX plug connector that has a switch on it. The cells were cycled beforehand while still in the 6 cell stick pack form to make sure they were in decent shape. These should easily supply the servo's and RX for many runs.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 08:32 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
My 2028 has shipped! Went ahead in anticipation of it and made my own water jacket.............hopefully the 57mm listed as Diameter is with fins, this pvc cooler is 60mm inner diameter. If not, i'll just make something else......added some bling to it.