Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:31 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,389 Posts
As I sold out of the previous batch of Byper battery boxes, I had another batch of six made ( I have 3 sets available right now)... $23.50 each including PayPal fees and shipping mail. These trays make securing the battery a lot easier....

I show the battery box being inserted through the bottom opening on the motor box, as my receiver was in the way, and would not let me slide the "tray" portion of the battery box under the wing tube. If your receiver is not in the way, you can just insert it that way....

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Dec 27, 2013 at 01:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2013, 02:54 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,389 Posts
Wow, this thread is sure dead!!!

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:41 PM
Shade Tree Aviation #2
United States, NC, Rutherfordton
Joined Jan 2002
1,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Wow, this thread is sure dead!!!

SteveT.
I have been surprised at the lack of interest in this arplane (based on online forum postings). It really is a great performer and is unique. I love biplanes, and having one that can 3D is awesome! I wish 3DHS would offer a bigger one. Maybe interest will pick up when we get into some better flying weather.

Matt
M.Putnam is offline Find More Posts by M.Putnam
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:21 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,607 Posts
I'm VERY interested in getting mine back into the air now that I can get the battery further forward (thanks Steve!). Going to be a while with all this white on the ground though.
Bigster is online now Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:51 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Hehe yeah I love this plane. I don't have one yet and really want to get one just a bit out of my price range and budget for now. Hehe.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Feb 26, 2013, 06:48 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,415 Posts
I put 9 flights and 2 pony rides on mine last weekend. Discovered that a 15x6 prop feels much better than an APC 14x7 on the recommended Hacker....I bet you can really get it hot though with poor throttle management. I had a lot of fun low and slow with it last weekend...
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:17 PM
Shade Tree Aviation #2
United States, NC, Rutherfordton
Joined Jan 2002
1,073 Posts
Low and slow. Most of the videos posted of the Byper don't show how well it does these. Most of the videos show high energy fast stuff. This thing will slow down quite well.
M.Putnam is offline Find More Posts by M.Putnam
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:20 PM
Just having fun
United States, KY, Hopkinsville
Joined Feb 2008
2,089 Posts
I am still waiting on the weather to clear up. Had a decent day the week before last and I went flying but did not take my Byper. With the new season starting I wanted to get some normal stick time before letting the Byper loose. I got the Byper when they were first offered with pre-order but that was late in the season. I only got 4 flights on her. I will get lots more this season and I now have 5 batteries for her.

Freddy
Fredriksson is online now Find More Posts by Fredriksson
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:09 PM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,481 Posts
I took WRAM Show delivery and will have my ESC on thursday, the final piece. I doubt I will get to fly it for a few more weeks but it is the carrot at the end of my honey-do list. Got the battery box also from Steve
coreman is online now Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:44 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,389 Posts
As noted...I have five of these battery boxes available for immediate shipment. Makes battery installation and balancing much easier...

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:37 PM
Joined Sep 2004
5,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
I took WRAM Show delivery and will have my ESC on thursday, the final piece. I doubt I will get to fly it for a few more weeks but it is the carrot at the end of my honey-do list. Got the battery box also from Steve
It's a beauty in person, isn't it?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:14 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
It's a beauty in person, isn't it?
a little smaller than I imagined but should be excellent. It was great to talk with Noll and the guys (shook Jim and Joe Smith's hands but I doubt anything rubbed off) in the booth and then the Castle Creations guys about an ESC. I'm putting a Talon 90 (arrives tomorrow) in mine with the Hacker motor. Need to get some batteries but everyone I normally use seems to be out of the quality ones. Still haven't opened the box. Hope to do that tomorrow
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:34 AM
3DHobbyShop.com
S. Lancaster County, PA
Joined Jun 2006
2,527 Posts
Nice to meet you coreman. We are trying the ROC batteries and liking them so far. A little more expensive, but have larger gauge wire then most and a good quality feel.
horton is offline Find More Posts by horton
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:03 PM
Joined Sep 2004
5,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
a little smaller than I imagined but should be excellent. It was great to talk with Noll and the guys (shook Jim and Joe Smith's hands but I doubt anything rubbed off) in the booth and then the Castle Creations guys about an ESC. I'm putting a Talon 90 (arrives tomorrow) in mine with the Hacker motor. Need to get some batteries but everyone I normally use seems to be out of the quality ones. Still haven't opened the box. Hope to do that tomorrow
I'll be curious to hear how the Talon plays with the Hacker. I've heard/seen Hackers be more "finicky" about the ESC, yet I've had luck so far with the Castle Ice and ZTW.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 06:01 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by horton View Post
Nice to meet you coreman. We are trying the ROC batteries and liking them so far. A little more expensive, but have larger gauge wire then most and a good quality feel.
it was a great time meeting people and just kicking back and talking when I managed to escape the booth. Thanks for the link to the ROC batteries. And I appreciate the talk about the business aspects and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
I'll be curious to hear how the Talon plays with the Hacker. I've heard/seen Hackers be more "finicky" about the ESC, yet I've had luck so far with the Castle Ice and ZTW.
Well, you'll probably see it in person since we were talking about flying them together. I had heard about the "finicky" nature also and specifically asked at the Castle booth and they assured me it should work. The only thing I am missing is the logger functionality and there should be plenty of head room on the 90 versus the 75 that was out of stock from the combo
RCG Plus Member