HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:43 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Almost killed my Bipe already....i was BARELY able to get it out of a KE spin in time and then the flat spin was hard to exit too. I gotta be more careful with this thing until i get used to the quirks.
Glad to hear you saved it Joe!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:51 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,191 Posts
Just for your viewing pleasure...Am not really happy with the way the battery flops around in my Byper, so, I designed a battery "box" that will be glued into the the battery area of the Byper. When you insert the battery, it will go into the boxed in area at the front, and then be held at the rear with Velcro as usual....all 1/16" ply, and as I am using some light batteries anyway, it shouldn't cause any problems. I'm going to have these laser cut, and it looks like won't be very expensive if anybody wants one...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Jan 11, 2013 at 05:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:11 PM
Registered User
Mr Big Head's Avatar
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Feb 2011
1,043 Posts
Very cool Steve-O
Mr Big Head is offline Find More Posts by Mr Big Head
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:13 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,289 Posts
Steve are you going to have these laser cut?
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:17 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,191 Posts
Thank you!! We'll see how it works out...I was told that it could be cut and shipped on Monday, If shipped via Priority mail, should have by Wednesday....

Yes, laser cut....

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:43 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,383 Posts
Steve, I tried mine on some 4s2200's and had the same trouble before I got the 2650's....but man, it sure flew LIGHT on the small packs...very fun, but the pack had to go all the way forward, way off the stock tray. It looks sort of like the same idea I use on my 58 by only strapping the back and putting the pack up front in a box....should work ok.
Bivens is online now Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:49 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Thank you!! We'll see how it works out...I was told that it could be cut and shipped on Monday, If shipped via Priority mail, should have by Wednesday....

Yes, laser cut....

SteveT.
lets us know if your going to do a group buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
Steve, I tried mine on some 4s2200's and had the same trouble before I got the 2650's....but man, it sure flew LIGHT on the small packs...very fun, but the pack had to go all the way forward, way off the stock tray. It looks sort of like the same idea I use on my 58 by only strapping the back and putting the pack up front in a box....should work ok.
I fly on the gens ace 2200 4s, short flight, but I love this thing
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:49 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
Steve, I tried mine on some 4s2200's and had the same trouble before I got the 2650's....but man, it sure flew LIGHT on the small packs...very fun, but the pack had to go all the way forward, way off the stock tray. It looks sort of like the same idea I use on my 58 by only strapping the back and putting the pack up front in a box....should work ok.
Thanks..I hope so....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:51 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
lets us know if your going to do a group buy
Will do... Let me see how it fits etc...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:35 PM
The Sky's the Limit
mad skill's Avatar
Lexington Ky.
Joined Mar 2005
122 Posts
Where are you guys mounting the esc? There is not much room in there and I wanted to make sure it was supported enough.
mad skill is offline Find More Posts by mad skill
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:15 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad skill View Post
Where are you guys mounting the esc? There is not much room in there and I wanted to make sure it was supported enough.
I put a small piece of plywood just inside the fuselage on the bottom and mounted it there using Velcro...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:32 PM
The Sky's the Limit
mad skill's Avatar
Lexington Ky.
Joined Mar 2005
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
I put a small piece of plywood just inside the fuselage on the bottom and mounted it there using Velcro...

SteveT

Thanks SteveT, I was thinking about doing that but wanted to make sure. I was able to put in a few hours on the build this weekend, hopefully I will be flying her soon, cant wait!
mad skill is offline Find More Posts by mad skill
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:13 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad skill View Post
Thanks SteveT, I was thinking about doing that but wanted to make sure. I was able to put in a few hours on the build this weekend, hopefully I will be flying her soon, cant wait!
Just make darn sure you set up your controls as suggested at the end of the manual...NO MORE!! At least until you get some flight time on it, and make darn sure that you take off with all controls on low rate!! (ask me how I know... )

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:42 PM
The Sky's the Limit
mad skill's Avatar
Lexington Ky.
Joined Mar 2005
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Just make darn sure you set up your controls as suggested at the end of the manual...NO MORE!! At least until you get some flight time on it, and make darn sure that you take off with all controls on low rate!! (ask me how I know... )

SteveT.

Will Do! Thanks for the heads up. I wanted to get something that would fly differently than my slick and exp airplanes and it sounds like I did. haha
mad skill is offline Find More Posts by mad skill
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:50 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,191 Posts
I don't know if you saw the report on my maiden, but it came extremely close to being a catastrophe!!...If you didn't scan back a few pages....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Unofficial 3DHS-Bipe thread. Buzzkill2 3D Flying 139 Jul 07, 2011 12:13 AM
Question 3DHS Bipe? PinkYakRC 3D Flying 127 Jul 03, 2011 10:11 AM
Question Crashed my 3DHS Edge 55 need new planes any advice? bhoges17 3D Flying 11 Jan 26, 2010 12:19 PM
Any news of new GWS P-40??? CryHavoc Parkflyers 5 Sep 05, 2004 10:41 AM