HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:25 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,251 Posts
Flat spins.

only thing I can think of that the bipe does better than a mono, that being said, it is just different and blast to fly, looks great in the air and gets lot of attention
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:31 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,344 Posts
Flys like a vyper....have you ever flown one of those....

It's not hard to fly. For me, the biggest challenge is "looking" at it and the different way a bipe looks in all orientations. I like it...
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:19 AM
Certified Wingnut
Delta BC
Joined Jul 2008
345 Posts
Ready for maiden

It seems like I've been waiting forever for this. I fell in love with this plane the first time I saw her about 1.5 or 2 yrs ago. She'll get her maiden flight as soon as it stops raining, (in Vancouver, that may be quite the wait ) P.S. the spinner is on order.

Lance
LanceMc is offline Find More Posts by LanceMc
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:22 AM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,541 Posts
Good luck, Lance. Looks great.

I'm not sure it flies like my 48" Super Vyper. I do find the Vyper "easier" to fly, but then I've had more experience with it over the Bype. I have both CGs set up about the same (about neutral) but find the Bype seems to drags its tail around. That may be setup, need for more forward CG (duh), or just Bypiness (royalites paid).
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:03 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2009
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceMc View Post
It seems like I've been waiting forever for this. I fell in love with this plane the first time I saw her about 1.5 or 2 yrs ago. She'll get her maiden flight as soon as it stops raining, (in Vancouver, that may be quite the wait ) P.S. the spinner is on order.

Lance
I'm getting one too when it stops raining next July!!!!
cepheus is offline Find More Posts by cepheus
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:19 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
As someone who can't do rollerz and spends more time tumbling manuevers should I even bother looking at this or stay with my mxs and laser?
here's what I like about it... there's a pile of wing area, things of a flat spin nature are very easy and lazy; easiest funnel stationary flat spin things of any plane I've flown, doesn't take full throttle, etc. It does tumble like crazy because there's more rotational mass outside of the fuselage, helps keep the tumble going especially on the roll axis compared to other planes... it snaps awesome, has more roll authority than any other plane (can roll against torque in a hover, etc), crazy good rudder authority means the rudder is deflected less while doing more... so you can horse it around in knife edge with less chance of getting out of shape. it tracks great and basically brings a whole bunch of unique little differences that planes cant really replicate. And though you say you can't do a roller, if you can do the elevator part of a roller, the bype will present elevator only roller better than other planes with far less wobble... it's the whole "makes you look better than you are" deal (this is due to the extra effective side area with the interplane struts and such means the plane doesn't fall as much with no rudder correction on the knife edge attitudes)... a great chance to do a roller while learning the rudder input.

...it's also absurdly easy and very pretty to land in a regular fashion. she's a great flying plane for sure.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:48 PM
inverted-i-fly
Joined Mar 2011
4,251 Posts
Oh and I forgot, it does the most perfect square loops, no they are boxes,
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:18 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
All this talk makes me want one of these real bad. I just feel like I'm not ready for a large balsa investment. Haha.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:35 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeolien View Post
All this talk makes me want one of these real bad. I just feel like I'm not ready for a large balsa investment. Haha.
Please don't take this the wrong way....but if you keep thinking that, you will never be ready...Take the plunge....you'll love it!!

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:40 PM
3d addict
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Hehe Steve I,m taking the plunge with something to put together over the winter. Just undecided on what yet. Something smaller so when I turn the first one into a pile of sticks I don't feel so bad. Haha. Then ill buy a bigger one.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:01 PM
inverted-i-fly
Joined Mar 2011
4,251 Posts
not the best first balsa plane, but once you go balsa you never go back
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:17 PM
3d addict
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
not the best first balsa plane, but once you go balsa you never go back
Nope bipe probably not the best first balsa. Lol. They are so pretty though. Leaning towards a buck huck, 42 slick or 48in edge as a first. 42 slick is winning but they are out of stock and I'm in no hurry.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:13 PM
inverted-i-fly
Joined Mar 2011
4,251 Posts
48in edge would be the best 1st balsa plane, either 3dhs or EF
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:27 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,856 Posts
3DHS 48" as it's 3S...EF 48"= 4S...needs to fly faster...

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:30 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
3DHS 48" as it's 3S...EF 48"= 4S...needs to fly faster...

SteveT
You can fly the EF Edge on 3s too and it's ridiculous how floaty it is. I ran the same setup as i had in my Extra SHP.

But yeah the EF is made to use 4s and i prefer it that way, but it can still slow down really well on 4s. Either would make a great first balsa plane.

As for this bipe. I'll be picking one up as soon as i finish my 71'' Slick first.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er