Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:02 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredriksson View Post
Thanks guys.

Once I got the spinner in place there was a barely perceptible gap in front of the cowl. I forced the cowl on a tiny bit further and got the gap to be about 1/8 inch. It looks about perfect. I think I can smooth out the inside of the cowl to be a little better but it is going to be a very nice fit.

Freddy
A thin washer works wonders
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:54 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,276 Posts
on the rudder servo with the dubro long arm, where did you put the ez connector? manual shows outer hole, but if we are only looking for 25 ?
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:11 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
i would argue that best small-EST bipe is PA ultimate amr... :P 3dhs is not that small - 8" longer and 2" more wingspan! :P
You would however have to want a P.A. Ultimate.......but who in their right mind would???

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:11 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
Shouldn't need a long arm at 25 degree, you could run the large 85mg arm and EPA to 150%
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:16 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredriksson View Post
Thanks guys.

Once I got the spinner in place there was a barely perceptible gap in front of the cowl. I forced the cowl on a tiny bit further and got the gap to be about 1/8 inch. It looks about perfect. I think I can smooth out the inside of the cowl to be a little better but it is going to be a very nice fit.

Freddy
You don't need 1/8"....1/16" is is more than sufficient. I only have about 1/32" on the right side of my 71" Slick ( a little more on the left)

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:21 PM
inverted-i-fly
Joined Mar 2011
4,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
Shouldn't need a long arm at 25 degree, you could run the large 85mg arm and EPA to 150%
is that what you did?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:25 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
You would however have to want a P.A. Ultimate.......but who in their right mind would???

SteveT
Ya, I never even flew mine. I bought it a few years back before I knew about 3dhs and I got irritated with PA so I never assembled it. Well this year I finally sold it for $300 RTR to a local guy and am putting the money tword a 3dhs 57'' extra.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:39 PM
inverted-i-fly
Joined Mar 2011
4,276 Posts
nice new touch from 3dhs, the ball links at the rudder now come with a metric bolt and nylock nut, so no need for CA, nice small improvement
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:10 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2009
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post

SteveT
I must be out of my mind!!! Love the AMR, better than the ZG Pitts. Getting one of these shortly for sure though. Using your son's Hacker in it from the ZG.

John
cepheus is offline Find More Posts by cepheus
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:21 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepheus View Post
I must be out of my mind!!! Love the AMR, better than the ZG Pitts. Getting one of these shortly for sure though. Using your son's Hacker in it from the ZG.

John
Evidently you have never had to deal with P.A. or you would feel the same way I do....but then, to each his/her own.....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:02 AM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
on the rudder servo with the dubro long arm, where did you put the ez connector? manual shows outer hole, but if we are only looking for 25 ?
I used a smaller than shown arm, and then used the 2nd hole out, or 3rd one in. My endpoints are at about 120 to get the 25 degrees of travel specified.
ryan_m is offline Find More Posts by ryan_m
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:00 AM
inverted-i-fly
Joined Mar 2011
4,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m View Post
I used a smaller than shown arm, and then used the 2nd hole out, or 3rd one in. My endpoints are at about 120 to get the 25 degrees of travel specified.
thanks Ryan, I'm starting with the stock hi-tec arm at the outer hole, will let everyone know if I can get 25 once I get my RX and this all set up on my radio, not going to have time to even look at this again until monday evening,

Get some videos over the weekend guys
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:14 AM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,558 Posts
Ryan, you're at 120% so you have more you could use? (since I'm using an Aurora, so I don't know if the percentages are compatible between radios) I may size it up with the stock arms to see if it works without the Dubros (that should be arriving today).
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:22 AM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,135 Posts
yes, I could get probably another 5-10 degrees of throw each way (150% is the max, though the servos usually reach their limit before I get to 150). I didn't use the stock arm though since it looked so flimsy. I'll take a couple shots of my arm tonight and see how far apart the holes are that I'm using too.
ryan_m is offline Find More Posts by ryan_m
Last edited by ryan_m; Sep 21, 2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:32 AM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
Ryan, you're at 120% so you have more you could use? (since I'm using an Aurora, so I don't know if the percentages are compatible between radios) I may size it up with the stock arms to see if it works without the Dubros (that should be arriving today).
I think each brand is different when it comes to percentages.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict