HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:31 AM
What?!? I didn't do that!
Orchard Park, NY
Joined Dec 2002
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG43 View Post
Also might want to check where the slot is for the elevator control horn. Mine didn't have a slot on the right side like pics show so I put servo on the left side, but around the servo bay doesn't seem quite as strong so I don't know if that's the best idea. Servo seems fine when deflecting the elevator though (servo doesn't move).
Per the instruction, the elevator servo goes on the left side so you should be all set.

My build is going okay so far but I'll have to check the anti-rotation pin to see if it works okay. I did have to work on the elevator joiner slot a touch to make sure both halves lined up properly.
gremlin is offline Find More Posts by gremlin
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:02 AM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,779 Posts
I also got excited about the magnets and connected the top wing with the tube. When I pulled them apart it left a magnet behind. Serves me right for rushing it and not hitting stuff with CA like I normally do.
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:00 AM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Mar 2011
55 Posts
Glad it's not just me. Thanks TG43. How did you repair the wing you "really screwed up?". The sleeve came apart completely in mine also.

The magnets in my wing also came off. I put some thin CA on all the magnets including on the fuselage just in case.

What a beautiful plane!!
Ablec6 is offline Find More Posts by Ablec6
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:52 AM
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
Per the instruction, the elevator servo goes on the left side so you should be all set.
Wow you're right. I must have been tired, I thought the pic showed servo going in the right side, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablec6 View Post
Glad it's not just me. Thanks TG43. How did you repair the wing you "really screwed up?". The sleeve came apart completely in mine also.
What a beautiful plane!!
Bummer man. Well, I ended up using just a little welders on the pin then put the wings on to keep the pin centered. Then thin CA after the welders dried. At first I just tried welders but apparently no air could get in there to dry the glue (it sat over night and still wasn't dry). So just to be clear, I didn't use the sleeve...I just permanently glued the anti rotation pin on one of the wing halves

I agree, plane looks incredible.
TG43 is offline Find More Posts by TG43
Last edited by TG43; Sep 16, 2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:13 PM
Just having fun
United States, KY, Hopkinsville
Joined Feb 2008
2,094 Posts
I am getting my Byper assembled. I have the landing gear on and the rudder installed. I am preparing to install the pull-pull rudder system. This is my first pull-pull system. Any tips or tricks? My concerns are crimping the wire holder so that it does not pull loose (what tool to do the crimping?) and getting the cables the right length to be able to adjust properly. And, how do you know when the cables are tight enough?

Thanks in advance for the input.

Freddy
Fredriksson is offline Find More Posts by Fredriksson
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:18 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,678 Posts
My favorite crimping tool is this Klein crimper... No slippage after using this one....

And cables "snug" but not banjo string tight....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:20 PM
Shade Tree Aviation #2
United States, NC, Rutherfordton
Joined Jan 2002
1,114 Posts
Freddy,

Don't sweat the crimp. I have used wire crimpers in the past, but good old pliers work fine. After the crimp, give it a small drop of thin CA. It won't budge.

Matt
M.Putnam is offline Find More Posts by M.Putnam
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:37 PM
Just having fun
United States, KY, Hopkinsville
Joined Feb 2008
2,094 Posts
Thank you Steve T and Matt. I am ready to go for it.

Freddy
Fredriksson is offline Find More Posts by Fredriksson
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:58 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
You can spray misting water on CA to dry it. Raid the wife's tackle box for a spray tube as she will.most likely have an empty one.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:42 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,510 Posts
Flew mine 6 flights today with 4 being pony rides.....everyone that asked to fly it loved it. Mine handles really well...still dialing it in though...I was flying on wamsy's 4s packs....now I'm home and will solder some connectors on my packs. Will fly it this week at lunch!
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:09 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Mar 2011
55 Posts
Any tips on mounting the LG flarings? Manual says clear tape, CA or welders glue. Pics would be helpful.

Otherwise, ready for maiden!! What a great looking piece and excellent quality as expected from 3DHS (although a bit pricey at $300.) Why does it have to rain next 2 days???!!? Arrghh!
Ablec6 is offline Find More Posts by Ablec6
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:10 PM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredriksson View Post
I am getting my Byper assembled. I have the landing gear on and the rudder installed. I am preparing to install the pull-pull rudder system. This is my first pull-pull system. Any tips or tricks? My concerns are crimping the wire holder so that it does not pull loose (what tool to do the crimping?) and getting the cables the right length to be able to adjust properly. And, how do you know when the cables are tight enough?

Thanks in advance for, the input.

Freddy
Go to your local fishing tackle shop and get a crimper, generally around $10.00

I have never had good luck with the plyers, many have, but these work great and you are going to be building a lot models with pull pull. Haveing the right tool will make life easy.

Dennis
Dennis C is offline Find More Posts by Dennis C
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:22 PM
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,296 Posts
Got a few flights on mine today. It was fun so I'm happy. Does awsome KE spins. Roll rate might give my friends little Slick a run for it's money, lol. It took a ton of mix for ke, but that's fine. Still tweaking a lot. My friend said he thought it was going to be a lot smaller. Looks awsome in the air.
TG43 is offline Find More Posts by TG43
Last edited by TG43; Sep 16, 2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:59 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablec6 View Post
Any tips on mounting the LG flarings? Manual says clear tape, CA or welders glue. Pics would be helpful.

Otherwise, ready for maiden!! What a great looking piece and excellent quality as expected from 3DHS (although a bit pricey at $300.) Why does it have to rain next 2 days???!!? Arrghh!
I like "Zap a Dap a Goo" for things like this...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:01 PM
Shade Tree Aviation #2
United States, NC, Rutherfordton
Joined Jan 2002
1,114 Posts
Looks good!
M.Putnam is offline Find More Posts by M.Putnam