HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:54 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Bigster's Avatar
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,746 Posts
Hmm. I have the Hacker in my 51" and have been happy with it. I might consider using another (and a $25 GC at 3DHS ). Decisions, decisions.
Bigster is online now Find More Posts by Bigster
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:37 PM
doh!
ryan_m's Avatar
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
I don't see prop/current data for the Motrolfly 3615-750. I got a 70A ZTW ESC but now I'm worried I should have gotten the 85A. Though 3DHS specifies a 70A with the A30-12XL.
You will be fine with a 14x7 prop. Right up at the limit of the ESC, it's around 70 amps or so on my watt meter. I ran that exact combo on a ZTW for about 100 flights until I sold the plane. Probably would use a Xoar rather than APC though.
ryan_m is online now Find More Posts by ryan_m
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:30 PM
ProBro Wulf
Wulf_Flieger's Avatar
Joined Oct 2006
249 Posts
What does that RyanM guy know anyway?

Ryan you have one of these? Cya at Nash
Wulf_Flieger is offline Find More Posts by Wulf_Flieger
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:49 PM
doh!
ryan_m's Avatar
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,377 Posts
Got one ordered Wulf, be here next week. No Nash for me, kids get in the way of everything!
ryan_m is online now Find More Posts by ryan_m
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:39 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Bigster's Avatar
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,746 Posts
Hmm. Ben says he likes the 14x7 but is in the minority vs a 15x6. Maybe I'll sell the NIP 70 and get an 85 for the headroom.
Bigster is online now Find More Posts by Bigster
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 06:19 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
stgdz's Avatar
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
No flight reports?

Some all ready have them
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:15 PM
Team 3DHS
CrashesALot's Avatar
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,864 Posts
I have to finish my epp yak first, plus, I have everything, BUT the batteries!
CrashesALot is online now Find More Posts by CrashesALot
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:19 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,287 Posts
When you guys get your Bipes in the air, i'm hoping someone can let me know what i would like about the Bipe more a 51'' Slick(besides just liking the looks of a Bipe). I'm trying to decide on a plane i can throw in the car with the wings on and i already have the power system for either this or the slick.



I've already had a Slick and i really liked it but it died due to a solder joint failure.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:23 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,472 Posts
Maiden today plus 2 more...2 more hot packs ready for tomorrow.... This is FUN!!! I'm really glad I caved in to buy one! Don't go crazy on the throws though...I ran 25 degrees of aileron, only 3/4 of full rudder, and 35 degrees of elevator. Good for first few flights for sure. A really good plane!!
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:30 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
Maiden today plus 2 more...2 more hot packs ready for tomorrow.... This is FUN!!! I'm really glad I caved in to buy one! Don't go crazy on the throws though...I ran 25 degrees of aileron, only 3/4 of full rudder, and 35 degrees of elevator. Good for first few flights for sure. A really good plane!!
Looking forward to getting mine!! Just out of curiosity, how does it handle the wind??
Right now my "go to" plane for when it's windy is my 48" Edge.

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:16 AM
Registered User
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Mar 2011
55 Posts
Anyone got a build thread going? I'm having trouble with the anti rotation pins on the upper wings and need advice!

Any help would be appreciated!

James
Ablec6 is offline Find More Posts by Ablec6
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:39 AM
Registered User
TG43's Avatar
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,296 Posts
I had trouble with that as well. The pin went in one wing fine but would not go in the other wing. The sleeve didn't have glue in it either, it just seemed too small. I tried drilling and out and really screwed it up, the sleeve came loose inside the wing. I ended up removing the sleeve and welders-gluing the pin in one of the wings. All I can suggest is don't force it or pin will get stuck. Maybe try sanding your anti rotation pin.

Also might want to check where the slot is for the elevator control horn. Mine didn't have a slot on the right side like pics show so I put servo on the left side, but around the servo bay doesn't seem quite as strong so I don't know if that's the best idea. Servo seems fine when deflecting the elevator though (servo doesn't move).

Couple of my magnets in the wings came out, a little thin ca from the back side took care of them.
TG43 is offline Find More Posts by TG43
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:47 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG43 View Post
I had trouble with that as well. The pin went in one wing fine but would not go in the other wing. The sleeve didn't have glue in it either, it just seemed too small. I tried drilling and out and really screwed it up, the sleeve came loose inside the wing. I ended up removing the sleeve and welders-gluing the pin in one of the wings. All I can suggest is don't force it or pin will get stuck. Maybe try sanding your anti rotation pin.

Also might want to check where the slot is for the elevator control horn. Mine didn't have a slot on the right side like pics show so I put servo on the left side, but around the servo bay doesn't seem quite as strong so I don't know if that's the best idea. Servo seems fine when deflecting the elevator though (servo doesn't move).

Couple of my magnets in the wings came out, a little thin ca from the back side took care of them.
When you have a problem like that.....never use a power drill....always use the drill bit in your fingers.....too much chance of spinning the piece loose, like what happened to you. If you have a "pin vise" that is the best thing to use....if not, then as noted, just your fingers....

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:03 AM
Registered User
TG43's Avatar
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,296 Posts
Thanks but tried that. Bit doesn't really cut that material, just grips it and spins it no matter how slow it's turning.
TG43 is offline Find More Posts by TG43
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:24 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG43 View Post
Thanks but tried that. Bit doesn't really cut that material, just grips it and spins it no matter how slow it's turning.
Ok.....then I stand corrected...

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Unofficial 3DHS-Bipe thread. Buzzkill2 3D Flying 139 Jul 07, 2011 12:13 AM
Question 3DHS Bipe? PinkYakRC 3D Flying 127 Jul 03, 2011 10:11 AM
Question Crashed my 3DHS Edge 55 need new planes any advice? bhoges17 3D Flying 11 Jan 26, 2010 12:19 PM
Any news of new GWS P-40??? CryHavoc Parkflyers 5 Sep 05, 2004 10:41 AM